The UnderUsed Teambuilding Workshop V3! Round 2 - Won by DaSpoofy and Colbrushie

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are 8 Builders that signed up that are not builders from last week. So the 8 builders for this week will be.
Decision Makers
Nightingales
Colbrushie
daedalus1103
DaSpoofy
Lord of Bays
and
Patrick1088

This means we are ahead of schedule! So find your partner and let us know here who you want to team up with!
Oh... ok.

CommUUnity, please start suggesting cores for our builders! Remember to try and be fun with them, but make sure they are viable!

Hogg

grubbing in the ashes
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Absol @ Absolite
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch / Pursuit
- Baton Pass

Lucario @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Earthquake / Crunch / Ice Punch
- Extreme Speed

AKA the Fuck Knock Off core. Two Justified users to discourage Knock Off, with Absol able to pass on any Justified or SD boosts he catches when presented with something that walls him. Pursuit can trap Chandy for Lucario, freeing up a slot for Ice Punch to take on Fatmence and Gligar, but honestly Sucker is still pretty good, so it's up to you. Just keep the double Justified users and the BP on Absol.

Hogg believe it or not i was thinking about to post the exact same Absol set but paired with Cobalion instead. But i've got used to getting sniped by you in the matchmaking thread anyway so it's fine. :P

P2 is overrated @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Taunt
- Toxic
- Hex / Shadow Ball
- Wisp / Sub / Pain Split / Flamethrower

Umbreon @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Foul Play
- Baton Pass
- Wish
- Moonlight

Man, i love the move taunt especially on ghost types and Chandelure is no different. This set can stallbreak as well as the SubCM set can but instead of acting like a win con. it offers more utility such as badly poisoning Taunt Roost Hydreigon and limiting its job. Taunt also stops Empoleon to defog who likes to switch into specially after noticing leftovers. Because most normal types can't touch Chandelure in return (see standard Curselax, Blissey, P2 lacking thunderbolt) mono ghost has decent neutral coverage only missing out dark types. The last move is a filler and should be chosen depending on your teams needs. I personally prefer wisp since it can cripple Aero, Krook and other darks on the switch. It also allows you to beat SD Toxicroak safely. I like having max speed timid but one can use less speed or sp.att and invest in more HP.

Paired it with Umbreon because it can take on darks. Wish + Baton Pass keeps Chandy around reliably as Pain Split is a rather shaky healing method. Feel free to change moves or EVs just don't mess with the nickname of Chandelure as it cannot stallbreak as effectively without it.

Here is a nice speedy offensive core that has some really cool niches to it!

Infernape @ Fist Plate/ Life Orb
Ability: Iron Fist
Jolly Nature
- Mach Punch
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge

Whimsicott @ Life Orb
Ability: Prankster
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Giga Drain
- Shadow Ball
- Encore​

Infernape: We have some nice anti meta killers right here that are really happy pidge is getting the boot! Two things that like to switch in on infernape a lot are Chandelure and Salamence. It also hits crobat really hard although its not as common any more.
+1 252 Atk Life Orb Infernape Stone Edge vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Salamence: 304-359 (77.1 - 91.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
Whimsicott: This pluff lures in Doublade and 2HKOs with shadow ball. Prevents set up with encore and then standard stabs that are really helpful as bulky waters tend to stop Infernape. also makes salamence hesitate going for stab or eq when whimmsi is around!
252 SpA Life Orb Whimsicott Shadow Ball vs. 240 HP / 16 SpD Eviolite Doublade: 185-218 (57.9 - 68.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Last edited:

Euphonos

inanod ng mga luha; damdamin ay lumaya.
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
I have some nifty cores here, and since no pair chose my first core, let me repost it. Now let's see how the pairs make them work with it.

CORE #1: LINOONE + CHANDELURE
People would be skeptical as to why I chose Linoone over all Belly Drummers. Linoone would be considered a poor man's Arceus as it grants a Priority move that would gain STAB from it: Extreme Speed, and Linoone would be the only Belly Drum user with such a move. However, there are a lot of problems that would shorten Linoone's glorious Belly Drum sweeps, most especially Steel-type Pokemon. This is where Chandelure kicks in, as its phenomenal Special Attack would open holes for Linoone to sweep, and it has one move that will grant Linoone an opportunity to sweep: Memento. This is a high-risk, high-reward core; therefore, so as to minimize, if not totally eliminate, the risk, you must carefully handpick your teammates to support this core very well.

Linoone @ Salac Berry
Ability: Gluttony
EVs: 156 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 96 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Extreme Speed
- Shadow Claw
- Seed Bomb

Footnote: 96 Speed EV's coupled with an Adamant nature allows you to outrun Chandelure with maximum Speed EV's with a Modest nature, with Choice Scarf equipped. Adamant nature is required so that Linoone would get all the power it needs.

Chandelure @ Choice Specs
Ability: Flash Fire
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast / Overheat
- Shadow Ball
- Energy Ball / Trick
- Memento

Footnote: Chandelure serves as a wall-breaker here, so it needs all the power it has; therefore, it has to have a Modest nature. However, you could change to Timid nature if you want to outrun some other key Pokemon (like Mamoswine), but regret any missed KO's for that part. Also, you can run Trick over Energy Ball to screw Blissey and other Special Walls.

Another note: I already have a team with it (because I have played it in the Iron Chef challenge), so I discourage pairs to copy my team from there. I want to see your own version of the core, and surprise me (that is, if you are willing to choose this core).

CORE #2: HERACROSS + TYRANTRUM
Christo The Gr8, R0ady, and I talked about building a new team with Choice Band Tyrantrum in it a long time ago. Christo brought to us a strategy that was actually new to me, which is to have a partner who appreciates a certain type being removed. Therefore, as I am tempted to run Choice Band Tyrantrum in one of my teams, I pair that up with another Choice Band user in Heracross, and they would appreciate Fairy-types being removed from play (although Head Smash from Tyrantrum does a lot against Fairy-types). Tyrantrum and Heracross can overwhelm those pool of counters with their powerful STABs, offering some breathing room for teammates to do work especially those counters are out of play.

Tyrantrum @ Choice Band
Ability: Rock Head
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Head Smash
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Superpower

Heracross @ Choice Band
Ability: Guts
Jolly Nature
- Megahorn
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Earthquake

Feel free to change their moves and EV's as you see fit, but I really encourage Tyrantrum and Heracross to hold Choice Band because this is a power-hungry core.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)