The UnderUsed Teambuilding Workshop V3! Round 2 - Won by DaSpoofy and Colbrushie

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP adapted from daedalus1103
Approved by Sam and Hikari

Credit to Chamaeleon for the dank banner because he thought mine wasn't cool enough :(
What is this ?

The idea of this project is to show UU players that you don't need a squad featuring 6 A-B ranked Pokemon in the viability rankings to have a competitive team. Making teams is more fun when you try to build around (a) creative or (an) underrated Pokemon(s). It is also more entertaining and helpful when you do it with other people since you learn other people's thought process when building teams, inevitability making you more experienced as a builder. This is why there will be groups of team builders. I believe this will also have you guys make friends within the UU community as well.

How does it work?

Stage 1 :
There will ideally be four groups of builders, but can vary based on how many users sign up.
Each group will feature 2 builders.
The builders will sign up in this thread. If more than 8 people sign up, there will be a public vote to select the eight builders. I will establish the groups with them through private messages.
The groups will then be announced here.
Duration : 3 days

Stage 2:
During the next two days, everyone will get to suggest a Pokemon or a core that will be the basis of the teams the Builders will craft around.
I will then keep the three or four most proposed suggestions. Remember to be "creative". We all know that Mienshao+Hydreigon is a good core for example. "Think outside the box", but your suggestion has to be competitive. We won't build around Whiscash if you don't explain why we should put something together around it or what could be its niche in UU. It'd be cool if you could add a little reasoning alongside your suggestion.
Duration : 3 days

Stage 3 :
The groups of builders will start to craft their teams around the core they select (from the top 3-4 suggestions from Stage 2). Use whatever support you want, I'd suggest Skype but anything works as long as you feel comfortable with it.
Duration : 5 Days

Stage 4 :
The groups post their team in the thread alongside a short description and an importable. We won't spend time rating them, but feel free to also post your teams in the RMT section if you want some constructive criticism to make it better. A vote will start to pick what is, in your opinion, the most competitive and creative team out of the bunch. Every teams will finally be stored in this thread.
There will be a Round Robin tour to help people in their vote.
The winner of the tour will have two bonus votes.

Duration : 3 Days

Total Duration : 2 Weeks
This will be a project that will restart every 2 weeks
(To Sign up, post "In as a builder" or something like that)

Last edited:

Hogg

grubbing in the ashes
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I kind of shat the bed last time and GULLY ended up doing all the work, but my schedule next week is less crazy than it was during the last competition. I'm in as builder.

in, but u need to shorten the time of the process, thats why it ended up getting dead towards the end. it shouldnt take a month to find a team idea build one and battle. 2 weeks tops imo more ppl get chances and it keeps it interesting.

Last edited:
in, but u need to shorten the time of the process, thats why it ended up getting dead towards the end. it should take a month to find a team idea build one and battle. 2 weeks tops imo more ppl get chances and it keeps it interesting.
Seconding this. As I ran the project, I felt like it didn't need to take a month, and people were losing interest part way through. Definitely something I've should've done.

in, but u need to shorten the time of the process, thats why it ended up getting dead towards the end. it shouldnt take a month to find a team idea build one and battle. 2 weeks tops imo more ppl get chances and it keeps it interesting.
You're 100% right. I made it 2 weeks and I think that suffices. Check the OP.

Euphonos

inanod ng mga luha; damdamin ay lumaya.
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
I have finally decided, after a few hours of contemplation, to sign in as a builder.

r0ady

People like to invent monsters and monstrosities
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
me slate
sacri
gully
hogg
clarion
colbrushie
bouff
daedalus1103

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)