The UnderUsed Teambuilding Workshop V3! Round 2 - Won by DaSpoofy and Colbrushie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Euphonos

inanod ng mga luha; damdamin ay lumaya.
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
One in underline means the person who played against me. =)

vs. LilOuOn / Sacri': WIN, GG.
Mega Blastoise disallowed Dragalge to set up Toxic Spikes through a game-changing Dark Pulse flinch. Whilst Mega Sharpedo attempted to flinch Heracross in the last moments of the match, Heracross managed to pull off a Substitute, putting it into Salac Berry range, and finished the game strong.

vs. Slate. / Hogg: WIN, GG.
Choice Specs Chandelure pressured Slate's entire team as no one would take a Shadow Ball, although Mega Aerodactyl pulled off Pursuit that caught it off guard. Heracross then managed to get a Substitute up after taking a Stone Edge from Mega Aerodactyl, putting it into Salac Berry range, but did not finish unlike before as Shaymin survived a +1 Close Combat. Ultimately, Galvantula finished the game with Life Orb-boosted Thunder strikes.

vs. Bouffalant / GULLY: WIN, GG.
Mega Blastoise took the Draco Meteor hit from Scarf Hydreigon which triggered Heracross's ability to set up Substitute and sweep from there. GULLY forfeited when his Hydreigon failed to break the Substitute with U-turn even at -1 Defense.

Last edited:
I won vs Sacri', weakened his Cobalion turn one with my Aerodactyl and saved my Lucario to check his Mega Sharpedo and from there it was pretty smooth. GG :]

Edit:
We still have to play R0ady/Clarion and Bouffalant/Gully.

Last edited:
I won vs Sacri', weakened his Cobalion turn one with my Aerodactyl and saved my Lucario to check his Mega Sharpedo and from there it was pretty smooth. GG :]
When you guys post who won, state in your post who you still have to play so it is clear.
Example:
Won against Gully, gg (Replay)
My partner or I still have to battle R0ady/Clarion and Lilou/Sacri'

cmon bruh smh

Hogg

grubbing in the ashes
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Sorry about no replay... The game was pretty straightforward. This is from memory, as I watched it while at work, but here goes:

Slate led with M-Aero and Sacri with Cobalion. EQ shaved off ~60% of Coba while Aero lost ~75%. Then there was some switching around, leading to Froslass being sacked to take a Draco from Dragalge and Taunt it to avoid T-Spikes. Azelf dropped rocks and KO'd Empoleon with a pair of T-bolts as it defogged. Whimsi forced Azelf out and they went back to switching, until Slate managed to get Tornadus in. Sacri switched in Dragalge only to have it get 2HKO'd by Acrobatics, at which point everything left on Sacri's team was in OHKO range from Tornadus. Sacri was forced to sack Azelf to get some damage off on Torn and then finish it with Whimsi. At that point it was weakened Cobalion/healthy Sharp/knocked off Whimsi v mostly healthy Azelf/healthy Luke/weakened Aero. Sacri let Whimsi die to Azelf but Encored it into Psychic in the process, then tried to bring out Sharp for a sweep. Slate sacked Aero to bring in Luke for the KO with Close Combat. At that point it was game, since Cobalion was in KO range from Azelf's Psychic.

EDIT: Oh yeah, I think Slate also still had a healthy Shaymin at the end too. Kind of forgot about it, since it didn't really see much use during the match.

Last edited:

Hogg

grubbing in the ashes
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Won against GULLY, gg.

REPLAY: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uususpecttest-245750272

An early take-out of Moltres helped a lot here as Luke caught a Dark Pulse and was able to 2HKO Moltres on the switch. His Hydreigon was a bit scary once Lucario was weakened, but I tried to limit it from switching in as much as possible, which helped take the pressure off.

Our team still needs to play r0ady/Euphonos. EDIT: nm, Euphonos and Slate. just played.

Last edited:
Won against GULLY, gg.

REPLAY: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uususpecttest-245750272

An early take-out of Moltres helped a lot here as Luke caught a Dark Pulse and was able to 2HKO Moltres on the switch. His Hydreigon was a bit scary once Lucario was weakened, but I tried to limit it from switching in as much as possible, which helped take the pressure off.

Our team still needs to play r0ady/Euphonos. EDIT: nm, Euphonos and Slate. just played.
I def coulda played this better since Hydrei was such a big threat to his team since he really only had Luc to effectively check. First or second turn I canceled going to Coba on the e speed sacing my molt, which was a def misplay in the long run consdering the close match up gg
Lost vs. Gully, making the 3rd loss of Sacri and I.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-245747371

Just don't judge the team on how bad it faces bs hax.
I can back this up, their core is my personal fav and had a decent matchup up but that freeze made it very easy for me to close it out. bg imo due to hax

Voting Stage is now open. Vote on which team you think is the most creative and viable of them all!(Builders cannot vote).

Clarion(And i guess r0ady) won the tour so they are awarded two bonus votes.

Euphonos

inanod ng mga luha; damdamin ay lumaya.
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
Bumping this thread; Christo needs to attend to this a little bit more. #initiative

Here are the teams built by the four pairs of builders, along with other information you want to know!

Chosen Core: Galvantula + Mamoswine by warzoid

Galv and mamo both share in common a dual stab that is incredibly hard to switch into backed by either solid coverage options for mamo and a very useful utility move for galvantula which separates it even further from the likes of heliolisk and jolteon. Chandelure was added to keep entei from spamming sacred fire who was a huge threat to mamo and galv, and we decided on specs because wallbreaking for galv to clean really benefited the team. With a growing rocks weakness we decided on mega blastoise as our spinner as it also gave us a secondary fire check. Next up was p2 because its broken because its an incredible blanket check to everything in the fucking tier and gave us some nice t wave support in case we cant get webs down for this p slow team. Finally the win con was added. Euphonos's special sub salac heracross set which cleans up games like a fucking monster.

Galvantula @ Life Orb
Ability: Compound Eyes
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunder
- Bug Buzz
- Energy Ball
- Sticky Web

Mamoswine @ Life Orb
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Knock Off
- Stealth Rock

Porygon2 @ Eviolite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 232 HP / 156 Def / 120 SpD
Calm Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Recover
- Tri Attack
- Ice Beam

Chandelure @ Choice Specs
Ability: Flash Fire
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Trick
- Memento

Blastoise @ Blastoisinite
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 16 HP / 252 SpA / 240 Spe
Modest Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse
- Aura Sphere

Heracross @ Salac Berry
Ability: Moxie
Jolly Nature
IVs: 30 HP
- Substitute
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Knock Off

Replays:
Euphonos / R0ady vs. LilOuOn / Sacri': http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-245624571
Euphonos / R0ady vs. Slate. / Hogg: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-245775375
Euphonos / R0ady vs. Bouffalant / GULLY: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uususpecttest-245820326

Chosen Core: Dragalge + Azelf + Cobalion by OG_Wanka

The team itself is pretty simple. As we started with an already offensive core of SD Cobalion + NP Azelf + TS Dragalge, which all tend to wallbreak, we decided to go with a more reliable late game sweeper that could benefit from the core's capabilities to destroy opposing defensive cores, and Mega Sharpedo seemed like a clutch option. After that, a defensive core was needed, because Dragalge took momentum away from the team, not actually letting us go full offense, so Whimsicott and Empoleon were added to solve the team's problem with the likes of Chandelure and Mega Aerodactyl.

As for the sets, after trying the team in some ladder battles, we decided to go with Magnet Rise on Cobalion + Shuca Berry on Empoleon so that Mega Aero just didn't take a huge dump on the team. Also, Energy Ball was given to Azelf so that it could OHKO Swamperts, making a Sharpedo sweep be easier.

Not Celebi (Azelf) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Psyshock
- Energy Ball
- Fire Blast

Not Terrakion (Cobalion) @ Leftovers
Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Iron Head
- Magnet Rise
- Swords Dance

Not Latios (Dragalge) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 176 HP / 252 SpA / 80 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Sludge Wave
- Toxic Spikes
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Not Sylveon (Whimsicott) @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 192 Def / 68 Spe
Bold Nature
- U-turn
- Leech Seed
- Moonblast
- Encore

Not Keldeo (Empoleon) @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Defog
- Scald
- Roar

Capn' Crunch (Sharpedo) @ Sharpedonite
Ability: Speed Boost
Adamant Nature
- Crunch
- Waterfall
- Ice Fang
- Protect

Replays:
LilOuOn / Sacri' vs. Euphonos / R0ady: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-245624571
LilOuOn / Sacri' vs. Slate. / Hogg: <replay missing>
LilOuOn / Sacri' vs. Bouffalant / GULLY: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-245747371

Chosen Core: Tornadus + Froslass by ICB

Slate. and I talked about how we wanted to build around Froslass and Tornadus, and we both agreed that we wanted to try out Defiant Tornadus on an otherwise traditional spike-stacking team. We decided to build around a hyper-offense hazardstacking core of Froslass, Tornadus, Azelf and Mega-Aerodactyl. All four mons were able to apply immense pressure to just about every spinner and defogger in the tier. To clean up, we tried out a few different options, including Feraligatr and Slurpuff, but in the end we went with the tried and true friend of every spike-stacking team: Lucario. Finally, to bring everything together, we added offensive Shaymin, who could switch into Scald, wallbreak, and provide the team with Healing Wish support.

Froslass (F) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Cursed Body
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Spikes
- Ice Beam
- Taunt
- Destiny Bond

Tornadus (M)
Ability: Defiant
Jolly Nature
- Acrobatics
- Knock Off
- Superpower
- U-turn

Aerodactyl @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Pressure
Jolly Nature
- Taunt
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Pursuit

Azelf @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Thunderbolt
- Fire Blast
- Psychic

Lucario @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Ice Punch
- Extreme Speed

Shaymin @ Choice Specs
Ability: Natural Cure
Timid Nature
- Seed Flare
- Earth Power
- Dazzling Gleam
- Healing Wish

Replays:
Slate. / Hogg vs. Euphonos / R0ady: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-245775375
Slate. / Hogg vs. LilOuOn / Sacri': <replay missing>
Slate. / Hogg vs. Bouffalant / GULLY: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uususpecttest-245750272

Chosen Core: Moltres + Mega Blastoise by Colbrushie

This team has a good offesnive synergy with molt blast and toxi. the beat each tohers checks and can all take hits. coba was the most sensible rocker based of the core given, p2 to take care of pidge and other stuff. hyrdei to pivot and venge.

Cobalion @ Shuca Berry
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Close Combat
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance

Blastoise-Mega @ Blastoisinite
Ability: Mega Launcher
EVs: 184 HP / 252 SpA / 72 Spe
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Rapid Spin
- Aura Sphere

Porygon2 @ Eviolite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 248 HP / 88 Def / 172 SpD
Calm Nature
- Tri Attack
- Thunder Wave
- Ice Beam
- Recover

Moltres @ Wide Lens
Ability: Pressure
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Hurricane
- Roost
- Will-O-Wisp

Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Draco Meteor
- U-turn
- Fire Blast

Toxicroak @ Life Orb
Ability: Dry Skin
Jolly Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Gunk Shot
- Drain Punch
- Swords Dance

Replays:
Bouffalant / GULLY vs. Euphonos / R0ady: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uususpecttest-245820326
Bouffalant / GULLY vs. LilOuOn / Sacri': http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-245747371
Bouffalant / GULLY vs. Slate. / Hogg: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uususpecttest-245750272

Let the voting from the commUUnity begin! Builders (including myself) will not be allowed to vote.

Euphonos / R0ady

I'm probably going to be the only one that votes for this, but the dual stabs of mamo and gal are so powerful, they can break up most of the metagame

Only thing I would suggest is a bulkier blastoise, but that's about it

r0ady

People like to invent monsters and monstrosities
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Euphonos / R0ady

I'm probably going to be the only one that votes for this, but the dual stabs of mamo and gal are so powerful, they can break up most of the metagame

Only thing I would suggest is a bulkier blastoise, but that's about it
That spread let's us outspeed heliolisk with webs up

warzoid

I have several gelatinous friends
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
My thoughts on the teams:

Euphonos / R0ady:
Lucario, how to beat it? The main check is Chandy + webs, but if you can't keep webs up, you're screwed. I'm not sure how to fix the problem either. Running scarf Chandelure makes balance / stall a lot harder to break, and replacing Heracross with something like Cobalion leaves the team really weak weak to ground and fighting. It's a pretty awesome Heracross set, by the way.

LilOuOn / Sacri': The team is still pretty weak to Mega Aerodactyl even with Shuca Empoleon and Magnet Rise Cobalion. Stun Spore on Whimsicott might help neutralize Aero. Opposing Empoleon are annoying too.

Slate. / Hogg: I want to like this team, but it relies too much on speed to check opposing threats, despite not having a scarfer. Winning a speed tie is required to stop opposing Aero. Other faster threats like DD Mence and Scarf Kyurem also cause major problems.

Bouffalant / GULLY: ScarfShao at least 2HKOs everything except Moltres (49.5% max) with High Jump Kick. If you can't keep rocks off the field, prepare for an uphill battle.

The teams are all very creative and I really enjoyed trying them out, but I can only vote for one. I am voting for LilOuOn and Sacri'. Although they lost all their battles, the losses were largely due to hax, and the team performed well for me in testing.

r0ady

People like to invent monsters and monstrosities
My thoughts on the teams:
Euphonos / R0ady: Lucario, how to beat it? The main check is Chandy + webs, but if you can't keep webs up, you're screwed. I'm not sure how to fix the problem either. Running scarf Chandelure makes balance / stall a lot harder to break, and replacing Heracross with something like Cobalion leaves the team really weak weak to ground and fighting. It's a pretty awesome Heracross set, by the way.

LilOuOn / Sacri': The team is still pretty weak to Mega Aerodactyl even with Shuca Empoleon and Magnet Rise Cobalion. Stun Spore on Whimsicott might help neutralize Aero. Opposing Empoleon are annoying too.

Slate. / Hogg: I want to like this team, but it relies too much on speed to check opposing threats, despite not having a scarfer. Winning a speed tie is required to stop opposing Aero. Other faster threats like DD Mence and Scarf Kyurem also cause major problems.

Bouffalant / GULLY: ScarfShao at least 2HKOs everything except Moltres (49.5% max) with High Jump Kick. If you can't keep rocks off the field, prepare for an uphill battle.

The teams are all very creative and I really enjoyed trying them out, but I can only vote for one. I am voting for LilOuOn and Sacri'. Although they lost all their battles, the losses were largely due to hax, and the team performed well for me in testing.
Your votes your vote but I'd like to point out that lucario sets up on absolutely nothing lol

LeoLancaster

does this still work
Euphonos/r0ady

I tried making a Galv + Stoise team and it failed, props for pulling it off guys

Also, SubSalac Hera <3

Unfortunately, not too many people voted. But I am going to end this round here. Congrats to R0ady and Euphonos for winning week one! I will think of a trophy type thing for you guys. And I will try and think about more way the community will be more active with this project. Week 2 will start tomorrow.

Hogg

grubbing in the ashes
This was a lot of fun, but I do think it would be cool to see some builders that didn't get a chance last round. If we get fewer than eight people in this time then I'll put my name in again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)