Playoffs Smogon Classic IX - Playoffs [Won by Conflict]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malekith

Daddy.
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a defending World Cup of Pokemon Championis a Past SPL Champion
Last edited:
Won vs. Excal, ggs mate, happy to finally face you in an official tournament, this DPP match was one of the games I've enjoyed more in this site.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen2ou-726062
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen1ou-726073
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen5ou-726077
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen4ou-726104

Will try my best to bring it home people, hope to have a good final <3
Thanks for shouting out the DPP game, what a treat. good luck in finals.

ggs and wp to malekith, gl in the final, you are 100% the one to beat in this format rn

thanks to my friends who went above and beyond to help me Fear Gefährlicher Random McMeghan johnnyg2 Kristyl Shoka Student of Sinnoh ABR Finchinator and everyone else who helped test & bounce ideas. extremely grateful for all of you keeping my sanity intact and being there whenever I needed anything.

really happy with my run and proud of how i played, especially in dpp making the sd occa sciz + healing wish matchup come down to 25% odds to win. if a couple turns went differently in the gsc/rby games, that could have been a g5 set, but that's just how it goes in mons. you need to be extremely good and not be unlucky to win these, and i can only give my opponent props for playing so well in such a long, high stakes set. was a huge pleasure to play you and everyone else in this tournament.

didn't think i'd play classic after my run in 2020, but i had that fix to try again and show i can still hang even though i don't play as actively as i used to. thanks again to everyone and best of luck to the remaining competitors. hope it's a great final

Last edited:

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
ggs Conflict, gl to both in finals. Each deserves it and we will have a great winner at the end of a great tournament. Thank you to Merrit for hosting!

A special thanks to everyone who helped me. Sorry that I let you guys down, but I am more upset that I let myself down here. I have wanted an individual for many years now, but I have not been able to secure it despite many deep runs. This was entirely on me and, if I deserved to win, I should have simply played better. I did not, so here we are.

Same goes for in general really. Sure, we all have lucky and unlucky moments, but when you have as large a sample size as I do over so many years, only person you can point your finger at is yourself. Don't get me wrong: I am proud of myself for making it this far despite not being very good at a few of these generations, but I am also disappointed at myself for not executing quite at the standard I had expected today.

Overall, it was a fun run, but also stressful trying to prepare for a best of five each week in tiers I am not particularly experienced at when I already had so many other responsibilities ongoing. I will look back at this run and the friends I engaged with along the way positively, but it is bitter now. Losing sucks. But I'll be back.

I like that both guys have such similar profiles, two very old european players from the nb/shoddy era that were always around but this year they took the game seriously again and as a result they managed to surpass their peak, gl both

congrats both on the final, very watchable players and one of those where either would be such a genuine and deserving winner. great to see conflict at the top after consistently knocking on the door across classic tiers for a good while, and malekith too putting himself in the running for a ballon d'or year. gl boomers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)