Playoffs Smogon Classic IX - Playoffs [Won by Conflict]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Merritt

no comment
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Head TD

Congratulations to the 16 players who've qualified for playoffs! A huge thank you to our individual cup hosts, Lady Salamence, Vertigo, Kris, susciety, and false for their time spent hosting. In addition, thank you immensely to Ticken for your work creating and maintaining the standings sheet for this edition of Classic. Finally, thank you to FNH for generating usage stats for every single cup!

In addition, thank you to Clementine for your amazing job making the player cards!

Now, here are the top finishers for the 9th Smogon Classic.
  1. Garay oak - 30 Points
  2. Malekith - 27 Points
  3. twash - 26 Points
  4. Mako - 25 Points
  5. SoulWind - 24 Points (79.17% Win Ratio)
  6. Excal - 24 Points (78.26% Win Ratio)
  7. Star - 24 Points (77.27% Win Ratio)
  8. Nalorium - 24 Points (76.19% Win Ratio)
  9. ABR - 23 Points (80.95% Win Ratio)
  10. johnnyg2 - 23 Points (79.17% Win Ratio)
  11. Raiza - 22 Points
  12. robjr - 21 Points
  13. Conflict - 20 Points
  14. decis - 19 Points (76.19% Win Ratio)
  15. Siatam - 19 Points (73.68% Win Ratio)
  16. Finchinator - 19 Points (72.22% Win Ratio)
All sets will be Bo5. The higher seeded player picks the tier of game one and for the rest of the games, the loser of the previous game chooses the tier.
Round of 16

1. Garay oak vs 16. Finchinator
ADV / GSC / DPP / RBY

2. Malekith vs 15. Siatam
BW / GSC / ADV / DPP

3. twash vs 14. decis
BW / ADV / DPP

4. Mako vs 13. Conflict
ADV / RBY / DPP

5. SoulWind vs 12. robjr
BW / GSC / ADV / RBY

6. Excal vs 11. Raiza
RBY / DPP / BW / ADV

7. Star vs 10. johnnyg2
RBY / GSC / ADV / DPP / BW

8. Nalorium vs 9. ABR
BW / RBY / GSC / ADV

Quarterfinals

8. Nalorium vs 16. Finchinator
BW / GSC / GSC / ADV

2. Malekith vs 10. johnnyg2
GSC / ADV / RBY / BW

6. Excal vs 14. decis
RBY / BW / ADV

5. SoulWind vs 13. Conflict
BW / GSC / DPP / RBY / ADV

SEMIFINALS

13. Conflict vs 16. Finchinator
DPP / GSC / RBY / ADV

2. Malekith vs 6. Excal
GSC / RBY / BW / DPP

FINALS

13. Conflict vs 2. Malekith
BW / DPP / ADV / GSC / RBY

Deadline: Sunday October 29th, 11:00 PM EDT (GMT-4)
PUBLIC REPLAYS ARE REQUIRED

Last edited:

FNH

F is for Finchi, N is for Nator, H is for Hater
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Rooting for siatam to luck his way into the next round

Garay oak vs Finchinator

Garay just seems to be genuinely great at every tier he decides to touch, hard to predict against him even if its his first classic playoffs. Finchinator should be favored in BW but hard to give him the edge anywhere else I feel, he's obviously very good too and could pull out some surprises though. Looking forward to this one.

Malekith vs Siatam

Malekith has always been one of my favorite players, always excited to see what he brings and he pilots so well. Siatam has very much proven themselves over the last year but I haven't seen much of them outside of GSC, will be cool to see what they've got in other tiers.

twash vs decis

I feel like decis is in a similar spot that twash was last year, been around for a while but haven't gotten a chance to shine, so I'm very interested to if they have a similar breakout performance. twash really shines in tiers where he has a lot of options to get creative in the builder (specifically with his unique array of berries...) so I think I favor him to come up with something wild and catch his opponent off-guard, always an entertaining watch.

Mako vs Conflict

This one is really, really close in my opinion could go either way. From what I've seen Mako is great at all of RBY/ADV/BW and Conflicts strongest tiers right now are GSC/DPP imo, but hes also solid and proven in RBY/ADV/BW. I feel like Mako is more motivated then Conflict right now so I give her the slight edge.

SoulWind vs robjr

Soulwind is maybe the most successful classic player of all time so predicting against him vs anyone that isn't ABR/McMeghan/Star is hard to justify, obviously is great at everything and is always up to date on the meta and using good teams. robjr has had a very good year though, mainly focusing on ADV it seems with impressive wins in SPL and a great CI run. I'm sure he's good in other tiers too since he seems all-around solid but Soulwind is tough competition to prove himself as an old-gen mainstay vs.

Excal vs Raiza

I just feel like we've seen a bit more from Excal then Raiza in the 1-4 tiers, with the exception of ADV which Raiza had a solid cup run in. Pretty excited to see what Excal cooks up for ADV, hopefully it does not involve Camerupt. BW should definitely favor Raiza since he's been one of the most consistent in individuals this year it seems and he could have the edge in ADV too, but Excal is really solid in RBY/GSC/DPP and I feel like we haven't seen much from Raiza in those tiers.

Star vs johnnyg2

Predicting an upset but I've always been a huge Johnny fan and I'm pretty pumped to see him playing in classic playoffs, most who know him would agree how great he is. I think I give Johnny the edge in RBY,ADV and DPP and Star BW and GSC. ADV is of course the closest out of all these tiers since these are 2 of the best modern ADV players so it really could go either way. Definitely the highlight r1 matchup for me!

Nalorium vs ABR

I trust the 2022 Cryos have taught Nalo well. ABR has lost classic playoffs 3 times and Nalo has lost it 0 times, need I say more?

Garay oak vs Finchinator BW for finch, ADV garay, then 50/50

Malekith vs Siatam GSC and BW malekith

twash vs decis

Mako vs Conflict GSC, BW, RBY

SoulWind vs robjr BW, DPP, RBY, GSC

Excal vs Raiza

Star
vs johnnyg2 RBY, ADV, BW

Nalorium vs ABR all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)