Other Inverse Battles

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's an Inverse Battle, Now Ice-types have only 1 weakness and 4 resistances, now Steel-types have 11 weaknesses and 3 resistances.

You're right! Steel-type cannot be compared to an Ice-type, it's more compared to a Shit-type!
Good job on completely misunderstanding my point!
I was dusputing the claim that Ice is the "new" Steel. As in, Inverse Ice is like regular Steel. Which I disagree with.
Obviously Inverse Ice is better than Inverse Steel.

Good job on completely misunderstanding my point!
I was dusputing the claim that Ice is the "new" Steel. As in, Inverse Ice is like regular Steel. Which I disagree with.
Obviously Inverse Ice is better than Inverse Steel.
Well steel lost 2 res for 1, but it has an immunity, so they are somewaht different
But they are the most alike if you were comparing

And then the entire uber inverse metagame was slaughtered by extremekiller arceus. If it weren't for extremespeeds pitiful PP, I can see Arceus running a set with extremespeed as its only attack and carrying swords dance, recover, and maybe refresh.

How would Swellow fare in this metagame? Considering of the top 20 physically defensive Pokemon, 16 are weak to Normal here... it seems like Facade would be horrendously powerful.

252 Atk Guts Swellow Facade vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Cresselia: 163-193 (36.71 - 43.46%) -- 99.56% chance to 3HKO
252+ Atk Reckless Staraptor Double-Edge vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Cresselia: 154-183 (34.68 - 41.21%) -- 70.83% chance to 3HKO

Now consider that they RESIST Stealth Rock and nothing resists Normal. Jesus.

Question: Have we confirmed that Flying-type immunity to Spikes and Toxic Spikes no longer works?

I would very much like to see inverse battles on showdown. It would take a while to get used to analyzing pokemon as inverse threats, but it'd be a lot of fun.

Steel becomes a complete joke and bug becomes a pretty strong attacking type

Well steel lost 2 res for 1, but it has an immunity, so they are somewaht different
But they are the most alike if you were comparing
I'm not comparing to Gen V steel in any capacity.
I'm comparing Gen 6 Steel with Inverse Ice. G6 Steel has twice as many resistances and an immunity, while Inverse Ice has fewer weaknesses, so they're fairly different.
Whereas regular Water is very similar to Inverse Ice. They each have four resistances, and Ice only has one less weakness. So, Inverse is more similar to G6 Water than G6 Steel.

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
This is really very interesting, but it really busts my balls that Fire manages to be underwhelming both normally and in inverse battles. Lucario, Steelix, and Excadrill are now the only 4x stealth rock weak Pokemon, although one wonders if any steel type would see use at all now.

We need an Inverse Battle Tier in PS.

That tier is very unique and can probably become a metagame completely different from the Standard one, it has a lot of potential.

Also, isn't Echoed Voice an amazing cleaning tool in that meta ?

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Avalugg is one of the best physical tanks in this tier. It could surely put a stop to all the Normal types crawling out of the woodwork and shuts down other physical favorites with great Fighting, Steel, and Rock resistances. You can throw on hail+Ice Body for sustain if you like. Either way, Ice is a great defensive typing for this tier.

Rapid spinners cannot be blocked...

As for me, I think Articuno will be my defog user, maybe even Charizard

R.I.P Hazards, you will not be missed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)