Murkrow @ Heat Rock/Damp Rock
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Sunny Day/Rain Dance
- Thunder Wave
- Taunt
- Defog/Brave Bird/Sucker Punch

Warning, if this wasn't obvious at the start, use only as a rain/sun setter.

Basically, with klefki gone to BL, I feel as if a weather setter with prankster is needed (mostly with sunny day, as I'm pretty sure tornadus takes care of rain) So I noticed that murkrow has access to prankster and I thought, 'Hm, this looks semi-usable for a suicide weather setter'. So I came up with this. Sunny day or Rain dance is for the weather setting, thunder wave is to annoy and cripple opponents, taunt is for shutting down leads who want to stealth rock/spike, and the last move is a filler for whatever your little heart desires (I prefer brave bird to surprise the unsuspecting hera for a laugh). Anyways, another weather setter is greatly appreciated on this set, as after it's dead it can't really provide weather. Also, to of our newbies on here, while the eviolite might seem desirable at first, it's supposed to die after weather setting so no turns are wasted for sun/rain. So don't run eviolite/bulk at all.
Defog is illegal with Prankster unfortunately. This set is probably outclassed as well since Whimsicott is best for Sun and Liepard can run the same exact set with better stats.

Oh, well that's a shame. I suppose I should've remembered whimsy. also, the thing with liepard is that with prankster, most stats don't matter, and brave bird would really only be there to kill hera no matter what. other than that, I do admit it's outclassed by whimsy. Welp, back to the drawing boards I suppose. Thanks for letting me know in a respectful matter...

Hogg

grubbing in the ashes
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
OK, might as well share a set I've been playing with for a little while.

chunk (Salamence) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 200 Def / 60 Spe
Impish Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Refresh
- Roost

So, I started using this set because I really liked Fatmence's ability to switch in on just about any fighting or fire attacker and win, but I've always hated how passive Fatmence is. I began toying with a bulky DD version instead, which could use those same attackers to set up. This has turned out to be a surprisingly useful 'mon, able to double as a defensive check to a lot of crap and also as an excellent win condition late game.

The basic idea is that you play this like you'd play Fatmence ordinarily, switching this thing in on many of the tier's scariest attackers. In particular you wall things like Heracross, Entei and Suicune well (with Refresh meaning that you don't even care about switching into a Scald or Sacred Fire), which makes this an especially nice thing to have on bulkier teams that have trouble with those three. However, you also have the ability to inexorably set up late-game. Just about every team has something that is utterly setup bait for this Mence, whether it's a Water type that relies on status/burn to check physical attackers such as Tentacruel, Vap and non-Roar Suicune, a physical attacker locked into a resisted move, or just anything that can't break Roost + Refresh (such as Blissey). The Speed EVs allow you to outspeed Mega-Pidgeot at +1 (you deal 65-78% with +1 Dragon Claw, so you have a so-so chance of OHKOing it after rocks damage).

Also, just to give you an example of this thing's bulk, you actually live LO Mamoswine's Ice Shard as long as you remain healthy:

252 Atk Life Orb Mamoswine Ice Shard vs. 248 HP / 200+ Def Salamence: 302-359 (76.8 - 91.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

That's NOT factoring in Intimidate, which means that if you've got a couple of boosts under your belt, Mamoswine can't come in and revenge you.

Anyhow, you're obviously walled forever and a day by Fairies, so that's something you'll need to account for in teambuilding. Having teammates that can pressure most fairy types is definitely a must - there's a reason the team I'm running this on right now has three really solid fairy checks. Chandelure in particular has been a good teammate for me, and I plan to use it alongside Victini on the suspect ladder.

I don't have any good replays with this thing (I wasn't originally planning on sharing the set :P), but here's one of it sweeping:

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-232588047 - This is why you don't drop Roar for Toxic on Swampert...

OK, might as well share a set I've been playing with for a little while.

chunk (Salamence) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 200 Def / 60 Spe
Impish Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Refresh
- Roost

So, I started using this set because I really liked Fatmence's ability to switch in on just about any fighting or fire attacker and win, but I've always hated how passive Fatmence is. I began toying with a bulky DD version instead, which could use those same attackers to set up. This has turned out to be a surprisingly useful 'mon, able to double as a defensive check to a lot of crap and also as an excellent win condition late game.

The basic idea is that you play this like you'd play Fatmence ordinarily, switching this thing in on many of the tier's scariest attackers. In particular you wall things like Heracross, Entei and Suicune well (with Refresh meaning that you don't even care about switching into a Scald or Sacred Fire), which makes this an especially nice thing to have on bulkier teams that have trouble with those three. However, you also have the ability to inexorably set up late-game. Just about every team has something that is utterly setup bait for this Mence, whether it's a Water type that relies on status/burn to check physical attackers such as Tentacruel, Vap and non-Roar Suicune, a physical attacker locked into a resisted move, or just anything that can't break Roost + Refresh (such as Blissey). The Speed EVs allow you to outspeed Mega-Pidgeot at +1 (you deal 65-78% with +1 Dragon Claw, so you have a so-so chance of OHKOing it after rocks damage).

Also, just to give you an example of this thing's bulk, you actually live LO Mamoswine's Ice Shard as long as you remain healthy:

252 Atk Life Orb Mamoswine Ice Shard vs. 248 HP / 200+ Def Salamence: 302-359 (76.8 - 91.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

That's NOT factoring in Intimidate, which means that if you've got a couple of boosts under your belt, Mamoswine can't come in and revenge you.

Anyhow, you're obviously walled forever and a day by Fairies, so that's something you'll need to account for in teambuilding. Having teammates that can pressure most fairy types is definitely a must - there's a reason the team I'm running this on right now has three really solid fairy checks. Chandelure in particular has been a good teammate for me, and I plan to use it alongside Victini on the suspect ladder.

I don't have any good replays with this thing (I wasn't originally planning on sharing the set :P), but here's one of it sweeping:

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-232588047 - This is why you don't drop Roar for Toxic on Swampert...
Yeah, I was playing with a set similar to this, and like how it's able to set up on a lot of pokes. I personally used crobat to switch in on fairies. I'm surprised not a lot of people run bulky D-dance Salamence. It works pretty well.

Now that Zam's gone, I'd like to draw attention to Scarf Espeon as the premier Psychic-type revenge killer in the tier. Here's the set I run:

Espeon @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magic Bounce
Timid Nature
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
-Trick / Hidden Power Fighting
-Shadow Ball
-Dazzling Gleam
-Psychic

It outspeeds Scarf Mienshao and destroys it. You can predict a switch into Hydreigon and bop it with Dazzling Gleam. One time, it even outsped a Slurpuff post-Unburden. (This was an inexperienced player, though, so he might have been running 0 Speed EVs for all I know.) In addition, Trick cripples Forretress and a bunch of bulkier, slow attackers. In addition, TrickScarf Rotom formes get 2HKOed by Psychic, so there's that. I think Scarf Espeon. worth looking into.

dingbat

snek
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Now that Zam's gone, I'd like to draw attention to Scarf Espeon as the premier Psychic-type revenge killer in the tier. Here's the set I run:

Espeon @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magic Bounce
Timid Nature
-Trick / Hidden Power Fighting
-Shadow Ball
-Dazzling Gleam
-Psychic

It outspeeds Scarf Mienshao and destroys it. You can predict a switch into Hydreigon and bop it with Dazzling Gleam. One time, it even outsped a Slurpuff post-Unburden. (This was an inexperienced player, though, so he might have been running 0 Speed EVs for all I know.) In addition, Trick cripples Forretress and a bunch of bulkier, slow attackers. In addition, TrickScarf Rotom formes get 2HKOed by Psychic, so there's that. I think Scarf Espeon. worth looking into.
If I wanted to use a psychic type revenge killer, I would much rather use Azelf because it sacrifices a decent ability and a tiny amount of SpA for even extra speed, an exponentially better movepool, and great all-around attacking stats. There was a scarf Azelf set posted a page ago if you are interested :o

Anyways, two sets I've been utilizing to great success:

Credits to st123 for the first set:

Cobalion @ Leftovers
Ability: Justified
252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
-Close Combat
-Iron Head
-Swords Dance
-Substitute

This works a little differently from Hairy Toenail's set, but nevertheless it's pretty darn terrifying to face. Although I'm generally not just flat out subbing on threats, I'm usually clicking Sub on predicted switches and causing chip damage on the switch-in afterwards. The main difference is that Cobalion can avoid status more often, and it can set up on weak Scald users as well as Lax and certain Foul Play users.

Reuniclus @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
160 HP / 252 Def / 96 SpA
Bold Nature
-Psyshock
-Focus Blast
-Calm Mind
-Recover

This Reuniclus set is a combination of the CM sweeper set and its all-out attacker set (TR set? Idk)-- I trade its passive recovery as well as 96 HP EVs from its original CM sweeper spread and give it the ability to hit stuff right off the bat. The life orb and 96 EVs in SpA allows this Reuniclus to almost always OHKO Hydreigon without boosts (93.8% iirc, no rocks), although I may sacrifice a few Defence EVs to spA in order to guarantee the KO. In addition, it does a lot of extra damage to Snorlax (more or less 50% unboosted) while also allowing it to beat non-roar Cune, Cresselia, and other non-SB Reuniclii (hehe).

Calcs:
96 SpA Life Orb Reuniclus Focus Blast vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Hydreigon: 322-380 (99 - 116.9%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO (misses OHKO no investment)
96 SpA Life Orb Reuniclus Focus Blast vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Krookodile: 393-463 (118.7 - 139.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO (OHKO not guaranteed no investment)
96 SpA Life Orb Reuniclus Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Empoleon: 211-250 (56.7 - 67.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery (42-50% no investment)
96 SpA Life Orb Reuniclus Focus Blast vs. 144 HP / 176+ SpD Snorlax: 211-250 (42.4 - 50.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery (32-38% no investment)

+6 Reuniclus vs. Cresselia (I always beat Cresselia unless it gets a +6 Moonblast crit):

+6 0 SpA Reuniclus Psyshock vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Cresselia: 132-156 (29.7 - 35.1%) -- guaranteed 4HKO after Leftovers recovery
+6 96 SpA Life Orb Reuniclus Psyshock vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Cresselia: 187-220 (42.1 - 49.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

Yeah yeah, I still don't 2hko but being able to save a few Psyshocks after stalling Cresselia out of Moonlights is very important. AND DON'T TELL ME THAT'S NOT A HUGE DAMAGE DIFFERENCE

+6 Reuniclus vs. +6 Reuniclus case:
+6 4 SpA Reuniclus Psyshock vs. 160 HP / 252+ Def Reuniclus: 180-213 (44.8 - 53.1%) -- 29.7% chance to 2HKO
+6 96 SpA Life Orb Reuniclus Psyshock vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Reuniclus: 253-299 (59.6 - 70.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Let's assume we're both at full health and I don't fully outspeed my opponent. If my opponent wins the speed tie on the second hit, he (statistically speaking) only has a 30% chance of beating me while I just straight up bop my opponent in 2 hits. Hmm, maybe I should just run 4 or 8 speed to be safe...

Last edited:
now that uupl is pretty much over, i guess i'll dump some stuff i thought about using / have used, as well as some shit ive thought of using for the live tour. i haven't tried these sets much in the tini meta but they could probably work.

Absol @ Absolite
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Baton Pass

imo this thing is a mon that is kind of underappreciated, i guess since with the popularity of shit like scarf mien / hydrei making it hard to sweep and all, but this is a cool little tech i decided to try out. while having mono-dark coverage isn't amazing, it's really nice being able to baton pass at +2 into something like entei or crobat on florges or something else that loves coming in on absol, and even if you don't manage to get a boost, being able to pivot into stuff early / mid-game is always appreciated.

Slowking @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 164 Def / 96 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: NaN Atk
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Slack Off
- Thunder Wave

have to credit dodmen for this one, i used it as a neat little counterstyle for omfuga-type teams week 3 at the last moment and it worked pretty well, as it doesn't fear knock off from stuff like mienshao / machamp as much, letting you get a hit off of them / twaving them, as well as shit like scarfdrei.

Suicune @ Mental Herb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 200 HP / 252 SpA / 56 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: NaN Atk
- Calm Mind
- Hydro Pump / Surf
- Ice Beam
- Tailwind / Hidden Power Grass / Hidden Power Electric

i remember some set up sweepers in ru had mental herb as their item so that they don't get encored by whimsicott a few months back, and this basically works the same way, and being able to set up in its face is a nice little tech for it and some other set up sweepers like luke or dino. the ev spread can be kind of changed around if you run tw depending on what scarfers you want to outspeed under tw, if any.

Toxicroak @ Fist Plate / Black Sludge
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Focus Punch
- Gunk Shot
- Sucker Punch / Ice Punch / Knock Off

croaker has been by far one of my favorite mons to use in this meta, and this was a pretty underrated set that i used in uupl 2 (i think? idk) that still holds a good amount of value in this meta. since toxicroak comes in for free on stuff like crocune / empo, it essentially gets a free sub since they'll be forced out into something that can check it, which is really nice because focus punch does a shit ton to even fat walls like pert, having a chance to 2hko. sub also gives you leverage agaist wisp users like rotom-h or jelli. obviously crobat will be a pain in the ass as always, so having a partner like resttalk mamphy is optimal. mamoswine also goes nicely with croak since croak is a huge annoyance to stuff like mola.

might edit some more when i feel like it B)

Hogg

grubbing in the ashes
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I've been messing around with that Absol set for a couple of weeks now, and I can confirm it's a beast. I really haven't missed the coverage of Play Rough, as the ability to pass into something like Crobat is just as useful if not more against fighting types like Hera.

Reactions: nv

Adaam

إسمي جف
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis the 8th Grand Slam Winner

Hydreigon @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 220 SpD / 40 Spe
Calm Nature
- Dragon Pulse
- Dark Pulse
- Psych Up
- Roost

Hello everyone. I'd like to share a Hydra set I made for my stall team that I think is somewhat creative. The EVs have enough speed to outspeed Adamant Honch, so it can not BBird you. The rest is poured in Special Bulk and HP. I chose special bulk since Hydreigon resists a lot of cool stuff that is primarily on the special side (Water, Electric, Ghost, Grass) and also completely shits on Chandelure (a Tricked choice item may sometimes even help you lol). Anyway, the moves also are self explanatory for a stall set except for Psych Up. Psych Up was added over Toxic after I got destroyed by Reuniclus, the bane of UU stall. This set comes in on a +6 Reuniclus, copies, and then takes somewhere between 44-50% from a Focus Blast. You can then Roost stall Focus Blast PP and tear the opponents team apart with a +6 Hydra (of course you cant if the opponent has shit like a Mienshao in the back). Either way, I found that this set is a great special wall and counter to Reuniclus for Stall teams.

It also can copy a +6 Cune and fish for a crit. There is a 23% chance that you don't get a crit after using 24 attack moves (since pressure halves the PP)

Hogg

grubbing in the ashes
Fletchinder
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 104 HP / 252 Atk / 152 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Acrobatics
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- U-turn

I played with this set during the NU suspect as a way to lure and trap opposing Magnetons with a Magnetons of my own, and it was actually pretty good, so I decided to try it out in UU.

It's surprisingly cool - when you bring Fletchinder out people rush to their Suicune or Empoleon or whatever to try to nail you before you can set up too much. U-turning on the switch to a counter is an easy way to wear them down. I've been using it on a team with Heliolisk and CB Krook, and I haven't missed WoW at all.

Heres something fun.

Gourgeist-Super @ Leftovers
Ability: Insomnia
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Impish Nature
- Skill Swap
- Leech Seed
- Will-O-Wisp
- Phantom Force / Seed Bomb

Gourgeist is already decent enough- without any slots its still a nice spinblocker and offers a pretty decent typing. This set still gives all the status effects of regular Gourgeist, but also does well when it comes to shutting down wincon pokemon which otherwise straight counter it. It has the typing to switch into Resttalk Suicune, Snorlax, Mega Swampert, Mega Aggron, and can cripple them with status and skill swap them Insomnia to prevent Rest and make them unable to heal or remove their burns. This is also a great asset vs Magic Bounce and Magic Guard Pokemon because not only will you be removing their ability, you will be taking it for yourself. If against Magic Guard CM Psyshock and Focus Blast Reuni, Gourgeist can actually win with phantom force. Seed Bomb variants pose a much more immediate threat to Mega Swampert and Suicune (altho Im pretty sure you win anyway?). Even if you somehow dont beat their pokemon, just clicking Skill Swap can be enough to let your team take care of them if they are the last mon standing.

Other possible things you can do include swapping away liquid ooze from Tentacruel trying to spin or steal Guts from flame orb Hera, or steal natural cure from Blissey to make its life harder and make it unable to touch you at all. There arent rly many great abilities in uu to steal, its mainly about giving those pokemon Insomnia (and skill swap is better than worry seed bc it goes through substitute from my knowledge, cant be magic bounced or magic coated)

0 Atk Gourgeist-Super Seed Bomb vs. 100 HP / 0 Def Mega Swampert: 316-376 (86.3 - 102.7%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO

4 SpA Suicune Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Gourgeist-Super: 150-178 (40.1 - 47.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

0 Atk Gourgeist-Super Phantom Force vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Reuniclus: 168-200 (39.6 - 47.1%)

252+ Atk Mega Swampert Ice Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Gourgeist-Super: 126-150 (33.6 - 40.1%)

0 Atk Snorlax Crunch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Gourgeist-Super: 78-94 (20.8 - 25.1%)

0 Atk Mega Aggron Heavy Slam (120 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Gourgeist-Super: 109-129 (29.1 - 34.4%)

magic bounce mons are still hard to deal with bc they all have SE coverage BUT you can catch mega absol on the switch with skill swap and then wisp him to win if youre lucky.

ppl should just use gourgeist in general its a pumpkin ;-;

Last edited:
OK so I just wanted to share a set that was pretty cool as of late, used it on a fun team which wasn't great but it worked pretty well when I used it.

Tangrowth @ Life Orb
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 108 HP / 252 Atk / 60 Def / 88 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Power Whip
- Sleep Powder
- Earthquake
- Knock Off

Physically offensive LO tangrowth, with a STAB Power Whip to boot. When I was looking for things to innovate, I realized this pokemon, one that is generally only used defensively, actually has some solid physical moves to use with a decent 100 base attack. (to put it in perspective, its physical movepool is much better than its special movepool, and it only has 10 less physical attack than special.) Regenerator means you can not worry so much about LO recoil and almost use this like a wallbreaker-pivot type pokemon, since you can come in on a lot of stuff and threaten it out with STAB Power Whip or one of your coverage moves. It also counterleads really well: with its great physical bulk, you're not going to be dying to most of the physical attackers in the tier, even with no physical bulk investment. You can counterlead pretty much every SR user in the tier (barring the Nidos and lead Azelf, off of the top of my head) and basically score a free sleep. The evs look weird but serve a purpose: Max Attack is obvious because you want to hit as hard as possible, 88 speed EVs creep standard offensive Mega Ampharos, and 108 HP hits a leftovers number. The rest of the EVs are dumped into the defense to bolster physical bulk and allow it to better take on pokemon like Mega Swampert or Krookodile. I didn't actually save replays because I'm bad and didn't plan on making a post on this until later on, but here's some damage calculations on some standard top tier pokemon to prove its worth:

252 Atk Tough Claws Mega Aerodactyl Aerial Ace vs. 108 HP / 60 Def Tangrowth: 212-252 (57.6 - 68.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Life Orb Tangrowth Power Whip vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mega Aerodactyl: 266-316 (88.3 - 104.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

+1 252+ Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Feraligatr Ice Punch vs. 108 HP / 60 Def Tangrowth: 309-364 (83.9 - 98.9%) -- 75% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock (you live w/o rocks up, and if it's Ice Punch-less you win already)
252+ Atk Life Orb Tangrowth Power Whip vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Feraligatr: 468-554 (150.4 - 178.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO (why am I calcing this?)

252 Atk Dread Plate Krookodile Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 108 HP / 60 Def Tangrowth: 139-165 (37.7 - 44.8%) -- 4.7% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock (not actually a 2HKO ever because you lose your item)
-1 252+ Atk Life Orb Tangrowth Power Whip vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Krookodile: 374-439 (112.9 - 132.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
or:
-1 252+ Atk Tangrowth Power Whip vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Krookodile: 288-338 (87 - 102.1%) -- 50% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
But chances are Krookodile isn't coming on you and getting off intimidate, in which case you're easily OHKOing it.

252 Atk Life Orb Mamoswine Icicle Crash vs. 108 HP / 60 Def Tangrowth: 283-338 (76.9 - 91.8%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock (you almost always lose to adamant)
252+ Atk Life Orb Tangrowth Power Whip vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mamoswine: 562-663 (156.5 - 184.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 Atk Life Orb Reckless Mienshao High Jump Kick vs. 108 HP / 60 Def Tangrowth: 253-298 (68.7 - 80.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock (not switching in but you check it 1 on 1)
252+ Atk Life Orb Tangrowth Power Whip vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mienshao: 352-415 (129.8 - 153.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO

I would calc mence but you almost always lose, LO Fire Blast OHKOs you with LO and lum chews the sleep powder. Rock Slide is an option but honestly KO/EQ is better coverage.

252+ SpA Suicune Ice Beam vs. 108 HP / 0 SpD Tangrowth: 292-344 (79.3 - 93.4%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Life Orb Tangrowth Power Whip vs. 200 HP / 0 Def Suicune: 416-491 (106.3 - 125.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ Atk Life Orb Tangrowth Earthquake vs. 132 HP / 0 Def Mega Ampharos: 250-296 (70.6 - 83.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock (you could always sleep it!)
252+ SpA Mold Breaker Mega Ampharos Dragon Pulse vs. 108 HP / 0 SpD Tangrowth: 316-373 (85.8 - 101.3%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

252+ SpA Mega Launcher Mega Blastoise Dark Pulse vs. 108 HP / 0 SpD Tangrowth: 256-302 (69.5 - 82%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock (ice beam wins)
252+ Atk Life Orb Tangrowth Power Whip vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Mega Blastoise: 398-471 (109.9 - 130.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+2 252 Atk Cobalion Close Combat vs. 108 HP / 60 Def Tangrowth: 238-282 (64.6 - 76.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Life Orb Tangrowth Earthquake vs. -1 4 HP / 0 Def Cobalion: 312-369 (96.2 - 113.8%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

0 SpA Empoleon Ice Beam vs. 108 HP / 0 SpD Tangrowth: 246-290 (66.8 - 78.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Life Orb Tangrowth Earthquake vs. 248 HP / 8 Def Empoleon: 286-338 (77 - 91.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery (you outspeed it as well, with the given investment so you either need prior damage to be able to switchin, unless scald burn, or you just check it 1v1)

252+ Atk Life Orb Tangrowth Power Whip vs. 248 HP / 164 Def Slowking: 463-549 (117.8 - 139.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ Atk Life Orb Tangrowth Power Whip vs. 144 HP / 188 Def Snorlax: 259-305 (52.1 - 61.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery (lol gl beating tangrowth with curselax)
252+ Atk Life Orb Tangrowth Power Whip vs. +1 144 HP / 188 Def Snorlax: 173-204 (34.8 - 41%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

252+ Atk Life Orb Tangrowth Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Bronzong: 164-195 (48.5 - 57.6%) -- 95.3% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

That's pretty much all for calcs, I could do more but that's a lot and covers most of the stuff from A, A+ and S rank with the exception of Bronzong.

Remember in the grand scheme of things that Tangrowth is really slow, so I'd pair it up with something fast that can check pokemon like Mega Pidgeot and Entei (hint! aero!). It also hates scald burns, so pairing it with a heal bell/aromatherapy user like Florges or Umbreon is solid. Make sure you aren't stupid and think you can live CB Sacred Fire from Entei or something and you should be OK. Regenerator means that it doesn't die fast especially with soild natural bulk, and STAB 120 BP move off of LO 328 attack hits super hard. Remember:

Hey everyone! Was just lurking around and I found this cool place :c. Here's my set:

Azelf @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Energy Ball/Dazzling Gleam
- Thunderbolt
- Psyshock/Psychic
So on my hyper offense team(here is the RMT if you want to see or try it http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/cream-puffs-and-emo-kids.3540162/) I needed a lead and used the traditional suicide Azelf lead at first. I found that kinda boring though so I decided to see if I could use something more fun and innovative haha, so basically its just an all-out attacking Azelf with coverage moves I liked. Ofc you can also use stuff like psychic, dazzling gleam, and whatever else suits your fancy! I really like the set becuase its super unexpected and this wins me games right off the bat sometimes by knocking out 2 or 3 mons with its surprise factor. Anyways, if it draws your interest give it a shot! I can promise you won't be disappointed. Oh yeah, this guy can also make a really cool lure for Mega Pidges and Aeros thinking they can mega for free.
252 SpA Life Orb Azelf Energy Ball vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD Mamoswine: 419-494 (116.7 - 137.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Life Orb Azelf Psyshock vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Heliolisk: 277-328 (104.5 - 123.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Life Orb Azelf Fire Blast vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Forretress: 915-1081 (259.2 - 306.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Life Orb Azelf Thunderbolt vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Mega Pidgeot: 299-354 (97 - 114.9%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO
252 SpA Life Orb Azelf Thunderbolt vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mega Aerodactyl: 260-307 (86.3 - 101.9%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO
252 SpA Life Orb Azelf Energy Ball vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Krookodile: 333-393 (84.5 - 99.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery (Defensive Krook)
252 SpA Life Orb Azelf Energy Ball vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Krookodile: 333-393 (100.3 - 118.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO (Offensive Krook)
252 SpA Life Orb Azelf Energy Ball vs. 240 HP / 0 SpD Swampert: 546-645 (136.1 - 160.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Life Orb Azelf Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 120 SpD Filter Mega Aggron: 238-281 (69.1 - 81.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Sigilyph @ Leftovers
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Roost
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power Fighting / Dazzling Gleam

Essentially, this set is intended to be a stallbreaker in the same vein as Reuniclus, but with a bit of an edge against more offensive playstyles as well thanks to its superior speed. With max speed and a Timid nature (and the IVs that HP Fighting adjusts you to), Sigilyph hits 321 speed, enabling it to outspeed a number of targets that Reuniclus never would, most notably things like Krookodile and Adamant Entei. Its high speed also makes it less susceptible to Taunt from mons like Krookodile and Jellicent. Though Sigilyph lacks Reuniclus's bulk and its typing gives it a few more weaknesses than the latter, it's still an interesting mon that merits use if you want a decently fast setup sweeper that can threaten stall.

Shoutouts to YABO and IronBullet93 for bringing Sigilyph up in the UU chat and discussing its potential with me.

Edit: Dazzling Gleam is also usable over HP Fighting to hit Dark-types harder.

Last edited:

YABO

King Turt
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

Sigilyph @ Leftovers
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Roost
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fighting]

Essentially, this set is intended to be a stallbreaker in the same vein as Reuniclus, but with a bit of an edge against more offensive playstyles as well thanks to its superior speed. With max speed and a Timid nature (and the IVs that HP Fighting adjusts you to), Sigilyph hits 321 speed, enabling it to outspeed a number of targets that Reuniclus never would, most notably things like Krookodile and Adamant Entei. Its high speed also makes it less susceptible to Taunt from mons like Krookodile and Jellicent. Though Sigilyph lacks Reuniclus's bulk and its typing gives it a few more weaknesses than the latter, it's still an interesting mon that merits use if you want a decently fast setup sweeper that can threaten stall.

Shoutouts to YABO and IronBullet93 for bringing Sigilyph up in the UU chat and discussing its potential with me.
Dazzling Gleam > HP Fighting is likely a better idea given it hits dark types harder and most normal types are hit hard by psyshock anyways.

Salamence @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Roost
- Defog

I tend to despise passive hazard removers and always try to find offensive hazard removers as much as I can, so i tend use Defog Pidgeot quite a lot. I decied to try out a set like this Salamence set as it fits a number of rolls very well. An offensive hazard remover, solid offensive fighting/fire check, strong special attacker, and GREAT lure to open up wholes in your opponents team for other physical sweepers to do work. Draco+Fire Blast has very solid coverage, and i wanted Roost over something like Hydro Pump so I could switch into Sacred fires the whole game. So yeah, awesome pokemon with a lot to offer and a great lure :).

Last edited:

Salamence @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Roost
- Defog

I tend to despise passive hazard removers and always try to find offensive hazard removers as much as I can, so i tend use Defog Pidgeot quite a lot. I decied to try out a set like this Salamence set as it fits a number of rolls very well. An offensive hazard remover, solid offensive fighting/fire check, strong special attacker, and GREAT lure to open up wholes in your opponents team for other physical sweepers to do work. Draco+Fire Blast has very solid coverage, and i wanted Roost over something like Hydro Pump so I could switch into Sacred fires the whole game. So yeah, awesome pokemon with a lot to offer and a great lure :).
Wow this actually looks really cool :D, def gonna have to try this one

Here is a Moltres set that is very good right now. I saw TewMew using a defensive defog set back when Mega Diancie was in the tier and I changed it a bit to suit the current meta:

Moltres @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 240 HP / 92 Def / 176 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Will-O-Wisp
- Defog
- Roost
- Air Slash

It seems silly to run Defog on a mon 4x weak to rocks but Moltres can switch in on so many common hazard setters and immediately remove the hazards it's ridiculous. Rock setters alone include: Mamoswine, Blissey, Donphan, Forretress, Krook, Gligar, M-Agrron, Bronzong, Cobalion, Shuckle. It also beats most Spikes and T-Spikes setters in the tier. It also has the niche of Pressure + Defog, which means rocks/spikes will run out of pp faster than defog in stall wars. It usually requires a second hazard remover to support it though, because there are a few pokemon this set can't really beat, such as Empoleon, and the only time it can switch into rocks is at full health against something like Florges. Tentacruel, Mandibuzz and M-Blastoise all make good partners.

Its virtues don't end there. Fire/Flying is a great typing defensively, and it can beat a lot of physical attackers with will-o-wisp, such as M-Abomasnow, Fighting types without Stone Edge, Doublade, etc. It's also great at spreading burns since it gets a lot of opportunities to switch in. Did you know Will-o-Wisp is almost three times more likely to burn than Scald???? Amazing !! Air Slash is chosen as STAB because it gets very good coverage in this tier and Flamethrower is not really useful for much other than Sub Cobalion.

A specially defensive spread can beat Regular Swampert, Seismitoad, Empoleon, and Nidoqueen but I find the above spread superior generally.

nv

The Lost Age
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
A little late but thought I would post this here as it is a tad creative (shoutouts to Arifeen and st123)

Sandy Beaches (Nidoqueen) (F) @ Black Sludge / Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 248 HP / 244 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam
- Stealth Rock / Sludge Wave
- Toxic Spikes

Dual Hazards Nidoqueen is a really cool mon on balance / most defensively oriented teams as it forces a ton of switches and can easily get up said entry hazards. The dual hazards also means that it may weaken the opponent's Spinner or Defogger not named Empoleon or any Flying-type as Toxic Spikes puts a timer on their Spinner, allowing Nidoqueen to outlast and get hazards back up. Sludge Wave is only slashed because Rocks is a very versatile move in UU and as such may not be as big, but then you lose out on the surprise. Life Orb is also slashed as it nabs the OHKO with Earth Power on Cobalion which cannot beat Nidoqueen unless flinchhax via Iron Head and on my team I had recovery in Wish to keep Queen healthy. I really hope this gets a lot more love as it is an amazing mon and Defensive Queen doesn't get as much as love as Offensive Queen.

ppl take a look at that innovation

Pidgeot-Mega @ Pidgeotite
Ability: No Guard
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- U-turn
- Roost / Defog*
- Protect

"wtf mali do u lost ur mind? pidgeot doesnt have trouble at all to mega evolve!" well while that's quite true, it still have some problem to mega evolve, since common leads and mons like Cobalion, Galvantula, Heliolisk, Infernape, and especially Azelf exists and has gain popularity. For some teams, it may kind of hurt bad not be able to mega evolve soon (for me it cost me some games), so I said "wtf why not, it might be worth it". And it worked better than I thought! lol

Protect on Mega Pidgeot allows me to mega evolve early in a game, and it have a great matchup against common fast leads, that in the regular form could give you some trouble, like the examples above. It also helps me scout for common scarf leads like Hydreigon, Rotom forms and especially Mienshao, who became incapable to do any harm for this almight bird with appropriate team support n_n when they u-turn they are also giving you a free Hurricane to spam or a slow u-turn for your counter.

I thought I'd have some outstanding replays about this working but I found that I dont lol so soon i get some I edit this post

but trust me it works
*or trust Christo The Gr8

Christo the Wizard: but u found the light bro
Christo the Wizard: u found the light of protect pidg
Christo the Wizard: now just find the light
Christo the Wizard: of defog+protect

Last edited:

Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- U-turn
- Roost
- Protect

"wtf mali do u lost ur mind? pidgeot doesnt have trouble at all to mega evolve!" well while that's quite true, it still have some problem to mega evolve, since common leads and mons like Cobalion, Galvantula, Heliolisk, Infernape, and especially Azelf exists and has gain popularity. For some teams, it may kind of hurt bad not be able to mega evolve soon (for me it cost me some games), so I said "wtf why not, it might be worth it". And it worked better than I thought! lol

Protect on Mega Pidgeot allows me to mega evolve early in a game, and it have a great matchup against common fast leads, that in the regular form could give you some trouble, like the examples above. It also helps me scout for common scarf leads like Hydreigon, Rotom forms and especially Mienshao, who became incapable to do any harm for this almight bird with appropriate team support n_n

I thought I'd have some outstanding replays about this working but I found that I dont lol so soon i get some I edit this post

but trust me it works
hey Christo The Gr8 look at this!

Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- U-turn
- Roost
- Protect

Protect on Mega Pidgeot allows me to mega evolve early in a game, and it have a great matchup against common fast leads, that in the regular form could give you some trouble, like the examples above. It also helps me scout for common scarf leads like Hydreigon, Rotom forms and especially Mienshao, who became incapable to do any harm for this almight bird with appropriate team support n_n when they u-turn they are also giving you a free Hurricane to spam or a slow u-turn for your counter.

but trust me it works
Your lack of Defog+Protect concerns me. jk, but yeah i have always ran protect pidgeot and it is indeed good for all of what u have listed like for scarfers that revenge kill like mienshao.
Edit: Stealin mah sets smh..

this is gross but

Cinccino @ Life Orb
Ability: Skill Link
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Tail Slap
- Rock Blast
- Bullet Seed
- U-turn/Knock Off

Cinccino has a slight rep for being a noob magnet like espeon or trevenant(?), but i do think this guy has a niche as an underrated anti-lead in ou, outspeeding common focus sash carriers (speed tie with azelf) and ohkoing them before they get up hazards. There arent many other pokemon that can prevent Galvantula, Infernape, Azelf, Mamo from laying hazards without risking death.

252 Atk Life Orb Cinccino Tail Slap (5 hits) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Galvantula: 330-390 (117.4 - 138.7%)

252 Atk Life Orb Cinccino Tail Slap (5 hits) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Azelf: 290-350 (99.6 - 120.2%)

252 Atk Life Orb Cinccino Bullet Seed (5 hits) vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mamoswine: 350-415 (96.9 - 114.9%)

252 Atk Life Orb Cinccino Tail Slap (5 hits) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Infernape: 290-350 (98.9 - 119.4%)

Cinccino also beats some other leads like swampert/ mega swampert, and can threaten donphan although it cant do much vs forry, empoleon or mega aggron. Its very rarely ohkod by jolly mega aero but threatens back with a guaranteed ohko (killing itself in the process, but worth)

252 Atk Mega Aerodactyl Stone Edge vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Cinccino: 253-298 (86.9 - 102.4%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO

Its also able to survive the priorities from infernape and mamo before ohkoing them. so yea, overall a decent offensive anti-lead in this meta vs faster teams but not fantastic against bulkier ones. And again, it can also prevent mons like Aerodactyl or Pidgeot from mega evolving 1st turn lest they be slapped into an early grave

Knock Off can be used over u-turn to knock off rocky helmets and threaten ghosts.

Quagsire@ Leftovers
Ability- Unaware
EVs 252 HP, 252 Atk, 4 Def
-Substitute
-Waterfall
-Power-Up-Punch
-Recover

Not only a stop to set-up sweepers everywhere, Quagsire can act as an effective set-up sweeper itself. It's beautiful defensive typing, dependable bulk, and multitude of mons in can switch into make it very easy to set up a substitute and go to town. It needs support to get rid of Grass types, but anything else it can just spam Power-up-Punch on until they die.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)