Ability: Serene Grace
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 56 Atk / 252 SpA / 200 Spe
Naive Nature
- Relic Song
- Close Combat
- Psychic
- Energy Ball

Assault Vest Meloetta is a very flexible and unique mon. Her outstanding Sp.Bulk allows her to take hits, while dealing out massive late game damage with the lovely help of STAB Bonus and a High Sp.Atk. My focus with this set was to aim for those Late game survivors, mons like Nido, Suicune, Crobat, ect. She is an unexpected late game threat and her anti meta set here can catch a lot of switch ins, giving her the power to clean up once she's set her mark.
Calcs
252 SpA Meloetta Psychic vs. 248 HP / 4 SpD Crobat: 350-414 (93.8 - 110.9%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO
252 SpA Meloetta Energy Ball vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Suicune: 172-204 (42.5 - 50.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Meloetta Psychic vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD Nidoking: 410-486 (135.3 - 160.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
-1 56 Atk Meloetta-P Close Combat vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Krookodile: 186-222 (47.3 - 56.4%) -- 25% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
Hijacking this to mention how great Meloetta is against the current meta. Meloetta-P's unusual speed and incredible versatility makes it a huge pain for offence to deal with and will keep your opponent guessing what set you're running. Assault Vest Melo-P is a great initial switch into Alakazam which is a huge boon for offensively orriented teams.

I also wanted to bring into light purely physical Meloetta. After its Forme change it makes better use of its higher attack stat and sweeping capabilities. Return/Frustration offers great coverage alongside Close Combat and Knock Off is an incredible move to spam early game considering how many switches this 'mon creates.

Meloetta @ Assault Vest
Happiness: 0
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Relic Song
- Close Combat
- Frustration
- Knock Off

216 speed is to creep Noivern; which is a minor threat to offence but isn't entirely necessary. Max. attack is obvious and the leftovers EVs have been added for extra bulk - one could argue the benefit of running max. speed or a bit of Special Attack (damn jolly Cloyster) but this particular spread works for me.

Knock off cripples many defensive switch-ins such as; Florges, Umbreon, Doublade, Suicune, Slowking, Gligar (pretty much any bulky 'mon that doesn't appreciate it's item removed).

I could go on and on about how hard I get thinking about Meloetta destroying teams but I will post some replays sharing the goodness.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-228450565
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-228453376
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-228715124

Hijacking this to mention how great Meloetta is against the current meta. Meloetta-P's unusual speed and incredible versatility makes it a huge pain for offence to deal with and will keep your opponent guessing what set you're running. Assault Vest Melo-P is a great initial switch into Alakazam which is a huge boon for offensively orriented teams.

I also wanted to bring into light purely physical Meloetta. After its Forme change it makes better use of its higher attack stat and sweeping capabilities. Return/Frustration offers great coverage alongside Close Combat and Knock Off is an incredible move to spam early game considering how many switches this 'mon creates.

Meloetta @ Assault Vest
Happiness: 0
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Relic Song
- Close Combat
- Frustration
- Knock Off

216 speed is to creep Noivern; which is a minor threat to offence but isn't entirely necessary. Max. attack is obvious and the leftovers EVs have been added for extra bulk - one could argue the benefit of running max. speed or a bit of Special Attack (damn jolly Cloyster) but this particular spread works for me.

Knock off cripples many defensive switch-ins such as; Florges, Umbreon, Doublade, Suicune, Slowking, Gligar (pretty much any bulky 'mon that doesn't appreciate it's item removed).

I could go on and on about how hard I get thinking about Meloetta destroying teams but I will post some replays sharing the goodness.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-228450565
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-228453376
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-228715124
I agree with you, don't worry. Just one thing I'd wish to bring to light. Zam isn't in UU anymore (R.I.P) OU took him from us. Other than that, like the set and I think I want to try out meloetta a bit

Ok so it's my first time posting here and I've went through the whole thread and I'm fairly sure this have not been posted yet. This is a set I've been using a lot lately on my HO teams. This set is by no means new, but it is almost non-existent.

Azelf @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Nasty Plot
- Fire Blast
- Psyshock
- Thunderbolt/Energy Ball

This set functions mainly as a stallbreaker/sweeper. Stall pretty much have no answer for it, bar Umreon, Cresselia and Porygon2 and even then, all these are 2hko'd at +2 so they are by no means a switch in. More often than not people would assume it to be suicide lead when i lead off with it and have something get bopped. Though potent, Azelf is very prone to revenge killers due to its glass cannon bulk and does not perform nearly as well when facing opposing HO as when it is up against stall.

Relevant Calcs - against its checks:
+2 252 SpA Life Orb Azelf Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Cresselia: 242-285 (54.5 - 64.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
+2 252 SpA Life Orb Azelf Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Umbreon: 182-214 (46.1 - 54.3%) -- 5.9% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
+2 252 SpA Life Orb Azelf Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Eviolite Porygon2: 211-248 (56.4 - 66.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Relevant Calcs - against common stall mons
+2 252 SpA Life Orb Azelf Psyshock vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Blissey: 598-706 (83.7 - 98.8%) -- 75% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
+2 252 SpA Life Orb Azelf Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Suicune: 442-520 (109.4 - 128.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252 SpA Life Orb Azelf Thunderbolt vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Mandibuzz: 369-437 (87.2 - 103.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Life Orb Azelf Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 120 SpD Filter Mega Aggron: 238-281 (69.1 - 81.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
You get the point...
Nothing is safe after one NP

Replays:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-228945484
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-229748195

Time for the gimmicks!

Dragalge @ Draco Plate
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Haze
- Draco Meteor
- Hydro Pump / Scald
- Sludge Wave

This is Dragalge. Dragalge is probably the bulkiest special dragon you will meet in UU, maybe excluding Kyurem (the hp on that thing is huge.).

Dragalge loves stall, because she hits pretty hard, and with a good bit of support she can actually sweep. But the point of this particular set is to lure in things that would typically want to set up, Haze to fix stats, and turn one of her choice usage moves into a death blow while they try and set up again.

This only really works against setup and all, but it's fun nonetheless. Slurpuff, for example, hates this if it hazes on the Belly Drum since it either has to switch or get wrecked by Sludge Wave.

LilOu

PO poopyhead
Well, I don't really think there would be a possible scenario where you are Hazing a Slurpuff since no Slurpuff would BD on a Dragalge and, in case they think you are choice locked into Dmeteor, you are better off by using Sludge Wave. All that is in case of a 1 on 1 Dragalge vs. Slurpuff, but if you send your thing on the BD, you're dead anyway.

I like the set and all, but that's not a good example. I think the best way to prove this set's effectiveness is vs. Suicune, which tends to set up on Dragalge, while you can Haze and Sluge Wave it to death. (Or Draco Meteor, but I think that Sludge Waving is better in the long run, since you have to reset the stats after each Draco otherwise, wasting Cune's sleep turns.

Reactions: bsu

Hogg

grubbing in the ashes
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Yeah, I don't have the calc up, but I think 252+ Dragalge still OHKOs Puff with Sludge Wave at -2.

I use Haze Dragalge myself, but mostly so that I can beat CM Roar Suicune reliably, while also having a last ditch answer to other slow setup sweepers. Canceling the -2 from Draco Meteor is cute, but not really why I use it.

Lucipurrr

Banned deucer.
Ok so it's my first time posting here and I've went through the whole thread and I'm fairly sure this have not been posted yet. This is a set I've been using a lot lately on my HO teams. This set is by no means new, but it is almost non-existent.

Azelf @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Fire Blast
- Psyshock
- Thunderbolt/Energy Ball

This set functions mainly as a stallbreaker/sweeper. Stall pretty much have no answer for it, bar Umreon, Cresselia and Porygon2 and even then, all these are 2hko'd at +2 so they are by no means a switch in. More often than not people would assume it to be suicide lead when i lead off with it and have something get bopped. Though potent, Azelf is very prone to revenge killers due to its glass cannon bulk and does not perform nearly as well when facing opposing HO as when it is up against stall.

Relevant Calcs - against its checks:
+2 252 SpA Life Orb Azelf Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Cresselia: 242-285 (54.5 - 64.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
+2 252 SpA Life Orb Azelf Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Umbreon: 182-214 (46.1 - 54.3%) -- 5.9% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
+2 252 SpA Life Orb Azelf Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Eviolite Porygon2: 211-248 (56.4 - 66.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Relevant Calcs - against common stall mons
+2 252 SpA Life Orb Azelf Psyshock vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Blissey: 598-706 (83.7 - 98.8%) -- 75% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
+2 252 SpA Life Orb Azelf Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Suicune: 442-520 (109.4 - 128.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252 SpA Life Orb Azelf Thunderbolt vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Mandibuzz: 369-437 (87.2 - 103.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Life Orb Azelf Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 120 SpD Filter Mega Aggron: 238-281 (69.1 - 81.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
You get the point...
Nothing is safe after one NP

Replays:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-228945484
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-229748195
This is already a fairly common set that CoolStoryBrobat himself used for quite sometime, it was also on one of my early teams back in september. Anyways, a lot of people started using lead Azelf over it to deal with the changing meta, but I can see this set making a strong come back on some nice balance offense teams.

Anyways, Here's a Sleep Talk/Rest Mamo Set because the Meta NEEDS More Sleep Talk/Rest Users. This isn't and probably won't be a considerably deadly set, But it exist and it might be fun to use on low ladder, who knows.

Mamoswine @ Leftovers
Ability: Oblivious
EVs: 252 Def / 252 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Sleep Talk
- Rest
- Ice Shard
- Earthquake

Also, here's an interesting Weakness Policy Shaymin set I made just now while remembering all the beautiful rage quits that WP Celebi gifted to UU.

Shaymin @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 Def / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Timid Nature
- Seed Flare
- Earth Power
- Air Slash
- Synthesis

Also not sure if anyone here has mention Oblivious Mamoswine being amazing and just as good as Normal Mamo

So far this is all I have, It could use some community improvement, but IT's pretty great

Mamoswine @ Chesto Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock
- Ice Shard
- Rest

Last edited:
This is already a fairly common set that CoolStoryBrobat himself used for quite sometime, it was also on one of my early teams back in september. Anyways, a lot of people started using lead Azelf over it to deal with the changing meta, but I can see this set making a strong come back on some nice balance offense teams.

Anyways, Here's a Sleep Talk/Rest Mamo Set because the Meta NEEDS More Sleep Talk/Rest Users. This isn't and probably won't be a considerably deadly set, But it exist and it might be fun to use on low ladder, who knows.

Mamoswine @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 Def / 252 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Sleep Talk
- Rest
- Ice Shard
- Earthquake

Also, here's an interesting Weakness Policy Shaymin set I made just now while remembering all the beautiful rage quits that WP Celebi gifted to UU.

Shaymin @ Weakness Policy
EVs: 252 Def / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Timid Nature
- Seed Flare
- Earth Power
- Air Slash
- Synthesis

Also not sure if anyone here has mention Oblivious Mamoswine being amazing and just as good as Normal Mamo

So far this is all I have, It could use some community improvement, but IT's pretty great

Mamoswine @ Chesto Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock
- Ice Shard
- Rest
I think that you should use Dazzling Gleam over Air slash on Shaymin because it hits hydreigon and still smacks hera.

Here is a fun offensive and balance breaker.

Azelf @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Atk/ 4 Def/ 252 Speed
Adamant Nature
- Zen Headbutt/Knock Off
- U-turn
- Explosion
- Trick/Fire Blast

The main purpose of this set is to keep momentum on your side and annoy balance teams that can wall Azelf with trick. To be honest it doesnt hit that hard with Zen Headbutt and unless the pokemon is really frail or weakened it is best not attempting to revenge kill with Zen Headbutt. Explosion is a last ditch effort in case Feraligatr or Salamence gained a +1. Able to outspeed OHKO both of them. Azelf has the second strongest Explosion in the tier, second only to the Never Used Glalie and tied with Steelix. But the benefit is that you will be able to live long enough to let it off without being very predictable. Trick is to screw over the O so common Suicune, and other bulky walls. Fireblast is slashed as an option because this set is walled hard by Forretress, chesnaught, and M-Aggron. The latter is only 3HKOed by FireBlast however, even with a neutral nature. It's the best alternative option you can use with this set.

Lucipurrr

Banned deucer.
Here's a Mandibuzz set that I've been experimenting with for some time. It does a fairly good job at sticking to the typical Mandibuzz role, while also having high STAB output with Knock off and Brave Bird and a solid Def investment to take an Ice Shard and solid SpD for a surprise Ice beam.

Mandibuzz (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 SpD
Impish Nature
- Brave Bird
- Knock Off
- Toxic
- Roost

I decided to run Brave Bird over Taunt/Foul Play to give Mandibuzz a very sharp edge over the Fighting Types of UU. Being able to deal with things like Heracross and Scarf Meinshao only gives Mandibuzz more power to survive then it already has. So not only is Mandibuzz a mon that can already hinder and slow down most teams, but with Brave Bird STAB it allows Mandibuzz to take care of anything that might be seen as a threat.

Empoleon @ Zoom Lens/Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 248 HP / 16 SpA / 244 SpD
Sassy/Calm Nature
- Ice Beam
- Sing
- Stealth Rock
- Scald

Looks really bad but imagine the dismay of you foe when their switch in gets put to sleep. With zoom lens, Empo's sing goes to 66% acc, which is quite good+ it has good bulk If you manage to put something like shaymin to sleep, then use ice beam on it/set up rocks.

This set truly shines on stall teams because it lacks recovery and sing can be a winning factor sometimes.... And you might as well use this event move since empoleon gets it.

LilOu

PO poopyhead

Empoleon @ Zoom Lens/Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 248 HP / 16 SpA / 244 SpD
Sassy/Calm Nature
- Ice Beam
- Sing
- Stealth Rock
- Scald

Looks really bad but imagine the dismay of you foe when their switch in gets put to sleep. With zoom lens, Empo's sing goes to 66% acc, which is quite good+ it has good bulk If you manage to put something like shaymin to sleep, then use ice beam on it/set up rocks.

This set truly shines on stall teams because it lacks recovery and sing can be a winning factor sometimes.... And you might as well use this event move since empoleon gets it.
LOL we all know 70% accuracy Focus Blast misses 8 out of 7 times and you want us to use a 66% acc move to hit a Shaymin that has Natural Cure anyway rofl

Don't get me wrong on this, but to use Zoom Lens on Empoleon just for the sole purpose of boosting Sing's accuracy to a horrible 66% isn't worthy. You are better off by running Lefties and dropping Sing, which would make a standard Emp set.

Last edited:
Reactions: bsu
Suicune @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
Modest Nature
- Tailwind
- Hydro Pump / Scald
- Ice Beam
- Calm Mind

Yay, another creative mon!

I never was a fan of Crocune. Too reliant on good Sleep Talk rolls. This one is a more offensive setup, using Tailwind to outspeed anything without priority and CM to boost their offensive presence. If it got NP, I'd run that, but it doesn't, so instead CM and BeamScald Coverage alongside Tailwind makes this thing pretty formidable if it gets a few boosts up and pulls out Tailwind.

Cynde

toasty
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion

Abomasnow @ Abomasite
Ability: Soundproof
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Giga Drain
- Leech Seed
- Ice Shard
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Here's a set I've been messing around with on ladder. Straying away from the common offensive route M-Abomansow I opted for running a more defensive spread allowing the crazy pressure of Feraligatr to be relieved somewhat. Sub could probably be run over HP Fire but my team was really annoyed by Forretress which is why I added it. Anyways the defensive M-Aboma allows it to counter DD Gatr and is a cool fallback mon to handle SD Feraligatr on bulkier teams, while still retaining the ability to check things like Salamence. Partners I've been using for this mon are stuff like Suicune / Tentacruel / Florges. The way id handle Gatr with this is, whenever Gatr is on the field send Abomasnow out immediately, so it gets a free switch in on the set up turn and can spam giga drain from there. It's important to pair this with a wish passer as well because letting it get weakened by crunch / ice punch from gatr allows gatr to be much more troublesome than it needs to be later on in the game. It's also very important to have hazards off the field (obviously). while this mon requires quite a bit of support its a lot of fun to use

Relevant Calcs : +1 252+ Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Feraligatr Crunch vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Mega Abomasnow: 146-172 (38.1 - 44.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Feraligatr Crunch vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Mega Abomasnow: 194-229 (50.6 - 59.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
0 SpA Mega Abomasnow Giga Drain vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Feraligatr: 240-284 (77.1 - 91.3%) -- 25% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-232071052
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-232069272

Last edited:
Suicune @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
Modest Nature
- Tailwind
- Hydro Pump / Scald
- Ice Beam
- Calm Mind

Yay, another creative mon!

I never was a fan of Crocune. Too reliant on good Sleep Talk rolls. This one is a more offensive setup, using Tailwind to outspeed anything without priority and CM to boost their offensive presence. If it got NP, I'd run that, but it doesn't, so instead CM and BeamScald Coverage alongside Tailwind makes this thing pretty formidable if it gets a few boosts up and pulls out Tailwind.
while not being creative, it's certainly underrated

offensive cune is pretty good and can actually break some would be checks like toxicroak (cune has a speedtie with adamant croak and 2hko with IB after +1). good mon to have on offense, since even without any investment suicune still has a great bulk in 100/115/115 and a good speed tie, allowing to tank hits for a tailwind or cm boost and take an opponent down

Shaymin @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Seed Flare
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Tailwind
- Healing Wish

This mon is cute and is putting in a ton of work on my team at the moment when paired with stuff like nidoking.
I never see Shaymin anymore, but hes got a bunch of uniqueness that can all be packed into one set- hes the only pokemon in UU with the combination of healing wish and tailwind, which is super strong paired with mons like nidos, entei, mega blastoise, tyrantrum, moxie krook or any bulky mon which punches holes but can get worn down. Shaymin can give them another life, but on steriods, allowing them to basically outspeed everything and prevent any offensive checks for 5 turns (which in the case of nido is usually all the checks some teams have for it). Shaymin is super nice also because not only can he double as a mon which supports really well vs very offensive frail teams, but he also can take a big bite out of more defensive teams with the same moveset thanks to seed flare. The last moveslot can be a few things, i went for hidden power ice because shaymin tends to draw out salamence who resists seed flare x4 and is immune to the usual earth power. tailwind as he predicts a switch and goes for a dd (or tailwind as he switches in) and then ohko 252 speed variants with hp ice.
For some of these mons, access to grass/ice coverage and natural cure are a great pairing to their typing since a lot of physical mons can have trouble with bulky waters and ground/flying types which shaymin can deal with happily.

I dont really have any more replays but its been good to me
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-232292698

Last edited:

warzoid

I have several gelatinous friends
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

Starmie 2.0 (Tentacruel) @ Expert Belt / Black Sludge
Ability: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Sludge Wave / Acid Spray / Toxic Spikes

Offensive anti-lead Tentacruel. Tentacruel is used almost exclusively as a bulky spinner, and many players forget that it actually sits at a blazing fast base 100 speed tier. Most opponents expect their Mamoswine, Krookodile, or even max speed Nidoqueen to be able to outspeed and OHKO Tentacruel. No one expects Tentacruel to outspeed and OHKO them. Expert Belt guarantees the Hydro Pump OHKO on Nidoqueen, but Hydro Pump can still OHKO Krook and Mamo without the boosting item.
252 SpA Tentacruel Hydro Pump vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Mamoswine: 390-462 (108.6 - 128.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Tentacruel Hydro Pump vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Krookodile: 348-410 (105.1 - 123.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Tentacruel Hydro Pump vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Nidoqueen: 296-350 (92.2 - 109%) -- 50% chance to OHKO

252 SpA Expert Belt Tentacruel Hydro Pump vs. 128 HP / 0 SpD Nidoqueen: 360-425 (101.9 - 120.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Expert Belt Tentacruel Sludge Wave vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Florges: 182-218 (50.5 - 60.5%) -- 89.8% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Cobalion @ Leftovers / Lum Berry
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Magnet Rise
- Close Combat
- Iron Head

SD Cobalion with a twist. This set isn't anything too new, but it's definitely underused/rated right now especially with the addition of Mamoswine to the tier. Yes, Coba OHKOs Mamo without a boost, but the ability to turn one of the most powerful attackers in the tier into setup fodder is pretty impressive. And not only does this set allow Coba to set up on Mamo, but other mons that rely on Ground coverage to beat steels as well, such as Krook, Donphan, EQ SD Aboma, and Standard DD Mence(DD, EQ, Dclaw, Iron Tail). Things that Coba normally would be forced to attack become easy set up targets and punches major holes in opposing teams. EVs and the other moves are pretty standard. I don't have any replays on me unfortunately, but trust me this thing is a monster.

Murkrow @ Heat Rock/Damp Rock
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Sunny Day/Rain Dance
- Thunder Wave
- Taunt
- Defog/Brave Bird/Sucker Punch

Warning, if this wasn't obvious at the start, use only as a rain/sun setter.

Basically, with klefki gone to BL, I feel as if a weather setter with prankster is needed (mostly with sunny day, as I'm pretty sure tornadus takes care of rain) So I noticed that murkrow has access to prankster and I thought, 'Hm, this looks semi-usable for a suicide weather setter'. So I came up with this. Sunny day or Rain dance is for the weather setting, thunder wave is to annoy and cripple opponents, taunt is for shutting down leads who want to stealth rock/spike, and the last move is a filler for whatever your little heart desires (I prefer brave bird to surprise the unsuspecting hera for a laugh). Anyways, another weather setter is greatly appreciated on this set, as after it's dead it can't really provide weather. Also, to of our newbies on here, while the eviolite might seem desirable at first, it's supposed to die after weather setting so no turns are wasted for sun/rain. So don't run eviolite/bulk at all.

Hogg

grubbing in the ashes
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Whimsi can run a similar sun set, and even bring in a sun sweeper for free with Memento, if that's the sort of thing you're into.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)