Other Weather Nerf

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also forgot Blaziken (physical sweeper or baton passer), Leavanny (Chloryphyll sweeper or baton passer), and sawsbuck (same as leavanny)

So of the 6 slots I have, I need at least one lead, drought support (MegaZardY), one physical attacker, one special attacker, one defog/rapid spinner, and probably 1 support

Leads:
Mienshao (Scout)
Claydol (SR, Sunny Day, Rapid Spin)
Espeon (Magic Bounce, Dual Screens)
Roserade (Tspikes)
Infernape (Anti-lead)

Drought support:
Charizard (duh)

Physical Attackers:
Blaziken (Sun flare blitzes scare the living day lights out of a lot of people)
Darmanitan (Flare Blitz AND U-Turn)
Talonflame (same as above, AND priority brave bird)
Infernape (U-Turn, Flare Blitz, and close combat make a great pivot)
Arcanine (can't U-turn, but has morning sun and better bulk to survive a lot longer)
Victini (V Create, 'nuff said)
Dugtrio (trapper)
Snorlax (Special Wall)

Special Attackers:
Rotom-H (volt switch provides coverage and pivot)
Heliolisk (^ and solar power-which doesn't damage on volt switch)
Venasaur (Chloryphyll)
Heatran (Trapper, great resistances)
Volcarona (Besides fiery dance and quiver dance, bug buzz now hits through subs. Worth noting)
Chandelure (Specs set is a nuke)

Defog/Rapid Spin:
Starmie (Special attacker too)
Crobat (Infiltrator/U-Turn)
Scizor (U-Turn/priority user)
Donphan (Physical Tank/SR)
Flygon (SR resistance/Defog/U-Turn)

Support:
Blaziken (Baton Pass)
Ninetales (another weather setter could be helpful)
*This role could be switched for another role, depending on necessity.

Now for the fun part of narrowing it down. I've already knocked some out, based on this being a singles OU team, but there's still a lot of work to do, and I'm pretty sure I'm STILL forgetting some.

Doing a similar method for my Sand Team, running Sash Galvantula as my lead, then having Tyranitar to set up Stealth Rocks and Sand. Debating M-ChainChomp vs Kyurem-B for my mixed wall-breaker. Excadrill for my spinner and to take advantage of Sand Rush. Calm Mind Keldeo for late game sweeps and either Scizor for a VoltTurn pivot or M-Gengar as a revenge killer if I didn't coose Chainchomp.

Let's not forget that weather moves have crazy good distribution. Here's a game, go to Pokemon Showdown, find any pokemon in the world that you might consider using as a weather setter for any kind of weather at all, go to the move set and type in that weather. You'd be surprised.

Some standouts:

Goodra with his Hydration, Thunder, and Rest basically allows him to set up rain and then never die ever. Who said restration was dead again?
What would you use in the last slot? Ice Beam for good coverage?

I'm also assuming the set has a Damp Rock, correct?

Looking back through the pages and I'm still having trouble devising a suitable rain team. My plan looks like this at the moment: Politoed as my inducer, Ludicolo as my Special Sweeper and secondary weather inducer, Kabutops as my second Rain sweeper and possible offensive Rapid Spinner, Kyurem-B as my mixed wall-breaker. At the moment only Politoed and Kyurem-B are set in stone, my early tests showed Tentacruel as a great partner for Kyu-B and a perfect spinner being able to recover 19% HP in the rain. That however leaves me with a stark weakness to Scarfers and M-Evos packing fairy and electric moves. So I turned to Ferrothorn, who while provided great defensive presence, ultimately became set-up bait if Taunted. I considered Landorus-T in conjunction with Tentacruel to form a defensive core and could also set up Stealth Rocks in lieu of Forry/Ferrothorn. This had good results as Tentacruel sponged attacks on the special side, and Landorus-T did well with attacks on the physical side. So to date here are the possible combinations, which seems the most effective? The Pokemon in bold are NOT subject to change.

Politoed (inducer)
Ludicolo (Secondary inducer)/ Kingdra (Secondary Inducer)
Kabutops (Physical sweeper/Offensive Spinner)
Tentacruel (Spinner) / Ferrothorn (hazard layer)
Kyurem-B (Mixed Wall-breaker)
Landorus-T (Pivot/Hazard layer)/M-Gengar (Spin-Blocker/Revenge-killer)/M-Lucario

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)