SPOILERS! Pokemon Sun and Moon Full Game Datamine General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh thanks!
Was wondering where the last one went.

So Solgaleo and Lunala don't have Z moves?
That's so weird. Didn't it say they turned into radiant sun/full moon phase when using some moves?
Games a liar QQ
They changed forms when using their signature moves sun steel strike and moon geist beam

Vinc2612

The V stands for VGC
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Pelipper only gets Defog via Diamond/Pearl TM where its only ability is Keen Eye. I am not sure if its ability can change if you transfer it to SuMo.
I can't check right now but if I recall correctly, drizzle is the second ability, not the hidden one.

So this is the same case as magic guard soft-boiled Clefable, aka: you can catch a second ability Wingull in DPP and teach it defog. Transfer it to SuMo and evolve it there, it will have both drizzle and defog

Edit: or just use an ability capsule actually, I forgot about that item

Valmanway

My jimmies remain unrustled
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Do we know the evolution requirements for any of the new Pokemon? I hope I can get Kommo-o in a timely manner.

Pelipper only gets Defog via Diamond/Pearl TM where its only ability is Keen Eye. I am not sure if its ability can change if you transfer it to SuMo.

81 Pokémon (8 of which are Ultra Beasts).
Oh yeah, forgot how sparsely distributed defog is outside 4th gen. Well that kinda takes away alot of the appeal of Pelipper.

They changed forms when using their signature moves sun steel strike and moon geist beam
Oops I didn't state properly.
I mean they said that they enter the forms when using those moves and also appear in those forms at some other time.

Same like how they described the Tapu's.
And they got a Z move

People complain about them nerfing stall and a bunch of the other incredibly irritating, tedious bullshit in the game like T-wave being nothing short of a soft KO for fast attackers and confusion being a coin flip... I don't get it. All of that looks like straight improvements to me.

It's Ability Slot 2, so you can get Defog Drizzle Pelipper... but you need luck.
What, are you sure it still works that way? I mean, I know it did for Gen 3 -> Gen 4, but everytime I've sent a Feebas or a Jigglypuff up to Gen 6 with their PA's, they've never gained Competitive.

What, are you sure it still works that way? I mean, I know it did for Gen 3 -> Gen 4, but everytime I've sent a Feebas or a Jigglypuff up to Gen 6 with their PA's, they've never gained Competitive.
Now that I read it, it may be impossible. At least, that's what Bulbapedia implies.

If a Pokémon whose species gained an Ability after Generation III is transferred to Generations IV or V, it will initially retain its original Ability; upon evolving, however, its Ability slot will be recalculated and its Ability may change. When a Pokémon is transferred to Generation VI, however, it will be locked into the appropriate slot for its current Ability.
EDIT: Thank Revelation for reminding that Ability Capsule makes ability transfer a non-issue.

Last edited:
Is there any evidence to gen 6 horde battles returning? I know wild pokemon can call for help multiple times, but are there still battles where we just start out with the full horde of the same pokemon? I'd absolutely hate to see this feature disappear since it'd be a huge step back for EV training.

Now that I read it, it may be impossible. At least, that's what Bulbapedia implies.
Yeah, that's what I thought. I'm just as disappointed as you, though. I want a mighty, versatile Pelistorm. After years of HM slavery, it deserves some time in the spotlight.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Allow me to complain about something completely different: Freeze-Dry and Flying Press.

When these moves were first seen three years ago, we were dumbstruck. A dual-type move had never been seen before. And Freeze-Dry makes an exception to the conventions of the type chart. This was something new and different! But... wait, there's only one dual-type move, and one typechart-exception move? Oh well, perhaps they'll make more in ORAS. Or in Z. Or, at the very least, in Gen VII.

But here we are, and the two different, unique "concept moves" remain at the concept stage. To my knowledge, there are no new moves with dual typing, and no new moves hitting for off-type-chart damage. Those were very interesting concepts, each with many great opportunities, but for some strange reason Game Freak chose not to progress with either of them.

Oh well. It's not the first time they've done so. I still lament the loss of dynamic music after Gen V.

Yeah, that's what I thought. I'm just as disappointed as you, though. I want a mighty, versatile Pelistorm. After years of HM slavery, it deserves some time in the spotlight.
Thank goodness we were reminded that, since it's not a Hidden Ability, we can change Keen Eye to Drizzle through the Ability Capsule... provided it was not removed, of course. I always liked Pelipper, and seeing it becoming good is a nice thing.

By the way, is there any dump about items?

Thank goodness we were reminded that, since it's not a Hidden Ability, we can change Keen Eye to Drizzle through the Ability Capsule... provided it was not removed, of course. I always liked Pelipper, and seeing it becoming good is a nice thing.

By the way, is there any dump about items?
Here you go, a full New Item list: https://paste.ee/r/zFXRA

Warning: Some Story Spoilers may lurk within.

Vinc2612

The V stands for VGC
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Those are hidden abilities, it works for regular non-hidden

Edit: my bad, I guess I'm learning everyday

Last edited:
Those are hidden abilities, it works for regular non-hidden
No, they're not. Feebas's HA is Adaptability, and Jigglypuff's is Friend Guard.
So there are Terrain duration increasing items and another held item that has the same effect as Long Reach.

Not really sure if either will be common.
Terrain Extender will. The Protective Pads on the other hand...eh, yeah, probably not.

The Seeds have some VGC potential, though.

No, they're not. Feebas's HA is Adaptability, and Jigglypuff's is Friend Guard.

Terrain Extender will. The Protective Pads on the other hand...eh, yeah, probably not.

The Seeds have some VGC potential, though.
but is Drizzle not going to be Pelipper's hidden ability?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)