SPOILERS! Pokemon Sun and Moon Full Game Datamine General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone confirm if mold breaker bypasses dazzling and queenly majesty? it has been asked a few times here and in the respective pokemon threads.

Can someone confirm if mold breaker bypasses dazzling and queenly majesty? it has been asked a few times here and in the respective pokemon threads.
It's up to the leakers if they'll test it, they might have things they consider more important than testing edge cases like that.

People complain about them nerfing stall and a bunch of the other incredibly irritating, tedious bullshit in the game like T-wave being nothing short of a soft KO for fast attackers and confusion being a coin flip... I don't get it. All of that looks like straight improvements to me.
The fact us that those aren't tedious at all, now bulky archetypes can't follow anything to stop a DD user other than use a scarfer if higher speed bracket in singles.

They aren't improvements at all.

Allow me to complain about something completely different: Freeze-Dry and Flying Press.

When these moves were first seen three years ago, we were dumbstruck. A dual-type move had never been seen before. And Freeze-Dry makes an exception to the conventions of the type chart. This was something new and different! But... wait, there's only one dual-type move, and one typechart-exception move? Oh well, perhaps they'll make more in ORAS. Or in Z. Or, at the very least, in Gen VII.

But here we are, and the two different, unique "concept moves" remain at the concept stage. To my knowledge, there are no new moves with dual typing, and no new moves hitting for off-type-chart damage. Those were very interesting concepts, each with many great opportunities, but for some strange reason Game Freak chose not to progress with either of them.

Oh well. It's not the first time they've done so. I still lament the loss of dynamic music after Gen V.

I agree with the disappointment on a technical level, but from a more pragmatical standpoint I'm glad they don't fill the game with move exceptions whose relevance is dubious aside from being clunky off-color coverage moves. They were always more problem that they were worth.

They took a step at the right direction by boosting the Base Power of Flying Press whose novelty was even less appealing with it's lowly power. Instead of building up numbers on a rather unneeded mechanic start by making those move matter and make them worthy of our time. Was Hawlucha really in need of hitting Pangoro and Shiftry with 4x with an STAB move? Personally, I think the loss of supereffective damage over Steel pokemon is a bigger deal, but I digress...

Freeze-Dry in the other hand was a more focused and less clunky attempt to fix effectively boost Ice types by giving them an economic tool to save space in their movesets. It's not easy being Ice, so I think there just a handful of types that actually deserve this kind of narrowly distributed tool.

Edit: I'd be in for Freeze-Dry punch if you know what I'm saying :p

Theorymon

Long Live Super Mario Maker! 2015-2024
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
So according to TheMantyke , this was found in the datamine.

Advanced Tips There are shops in Festival Plaza where you can get Bottle Caps and Gold Bottle Caps. Gather as many as you can, and get down to some Hyper Training!
So this means we can buy bottle caps, better become a regular at the Festival Plaza! Also, he couldn't find anything on the bottle cap item itself, so no news about the idea of bottle caps being able to lower stats for Trick Room or not.

So this means we can buy bottle caps, better become a regular at the Festival Plaza! Also, he couldn't find anything on the bottle cap item itself, so no news about the idea of bottle caps being able to lower stats for Trick Room or not.
You use colored (red, blue, yellow or green) shards to buy them:

If you insist, I don't mind trading one Bottle Cap for x colored shards.
And there doesn't seem to be a cap for TR/HP/special attackers. Breeding will be the way to go in such cases.

The name's Mr. Hyper! You want to know why I'm so hyper? Because I can help Pokémon do Hyper Training! Allow me to explain! Hyper Training is a way to help Pokémon that have reached Lv. 100 become even stronger! This special training can help them increase their strength and HP and other stats! If you want me to train up your Pokémon, bring me some Bottle Caps. I collect them. A regular Bottle Cap will get you training for a single stat. But bring me a rare Gold Bottle Cap, and I'll train up all your Pokémon's stats to the max at once!

Yo just wondering, is there a text dump that mentions anything about Battle Tree banlists? I figure if we can find that, we will know if Battle Spot allows Ultra Beasts or not.

"・Banned Pokémon  [VAR PKNAME(0000)] [VAR PKNAME(0001)]  [VAR PKNAME(0002)] [VAR PKNAME(0003)]  [VAR PKNAME(0004)] [VAR PKNAME(0005)]  [VAR PKNAME(0006)] [VAR PKNAME(0007)]  [VAR PKNAME(0008)] [VAR PKNAME(0009)]  [VAR PKNAME(000A)] [VAR PKNAME(000B)]  [VAR PKNAME(000C)] [VAR PKNAME(000D)]  [VAR PKNAME(000E)] [VAR PKNAME(000F)] ・Banned Items  [VAR ITEM2(0000)] [VAR ITEM2(0001)]  [VAR ITEM2(0002)] [VAR ITEM2(0003)]  [VAR ITEM2(0004)] [VAR ITEM2(0005)]  [VAR ITEM2(0006)] [VAR ITEM2(0007)]  [VAR ITEM2(0008)] [VAR ITEM2(0009)]  [VAR ITEM2(000A)] [VAR ITEM2(000B)]  [VAR ITEM2(000C)] [VAR ITEM2(000D)]  [VAR ITEM2(000E)] [VAR ITEM2(000F)] ・Banned Moves  [VAR MOVE(0000)] [VAR MOVE(0001)]  [VAR MOVE(0002)] [VAR MOVE(0003)]  [VAR MOVE(0004)] [VAR MOVE(0005)]  [VAR MOVE(0006)] [VAR MOVE(0007)]  [VAR MOVE(0008)] [VAR MOVE(0009)]  [VAR MOVE(000A)] [VAR MOVE(000B)]  [VAR MOVE(000C)] [VAR MOVE(000D)]  [VAR MOVE(000E)] [VAR MOVE(000F)] ・Banned Pokémon  None ・Banned Items  None ・Banned Moves  None"

Sadly it doesn't list the Pokemon names.

You use colored (red, blue, yellow or green) shards to buy them:

And there doesn't seem to be a cap for TR/HP/special attackers. Breeding will be the way to go in such cases.
Now the question is... will the shards be easy to collect? :/

"・Banned Pokémon  [VAR PKNAME(0000)] [VAR PKNAME(0001)]  [VAR PKNAME(0002)] [VAR PKNAME(0003)]  [VAR PKNAME(0004)] [VAR PKNAME(0005)]  [VAR PKNAME(0006)] [VAR PKNAME(0007)]  [VAR PKNAME(0008)] [VAR PKNAME(0009)]  [VAR PKNAME(000A)] [VAR PKNAME(000B)]  [VAR PKNAME(000C)] [VAR PKNAME(000D)]  [VAR PKNAME(000E)] [VAR PKNAME(000F)] ・Banned Items  [VAR ITEM2(0000)] [VAR ITEM2(0001)]  [VAR ITEM2(0002)] [VAR ITEM2(0003)]  [VAR ITEM2(0004)] [VAR ITEM2(0005)]  [VAR ITEM2(0006)] [VAR ITEM2(0007)]  [VAR ITEM2(0008)] [VAR ITEM2(0009)]  [VAR ITEM2(000A)] [VAR ITEM2(000B)]  [VAR ITEM2(000C)] [VAR ITEM2(000D)]  [VAR ITEM2(000E)] [VAR ITEM2(000F)] ・Banned Moves  [VAR MOVE(0000)] [VAR MOVE(0001)]  [VAR MOVE(0002)] [VAR MOVE(0003)]  [VAR MOVE(0004)] [VAR MOVE(0005)]  [VAR MOVE(0006)] [VAR MOVE(0007)]  [VAR MOVE(0008)] [VAR MOVE(0009)]  [VAR MOVE(000A)] [VAR MOVE(000B)]  [VAR MOVE(000C)] [VAR MOVE(000D)]  [VAR MOVE(000E)] [VAR MOVE(000F)] ・Banned Pokémon  None ・Banned Items  None ・Banned Moves  None"

Sadly it doesn't list the Pokemon names.
Hm, that seems a short list of pokemon. Let me just list them out and arbitrarily assign them some gen 6 banlists and...exclude the mythical pokemon, i guess
VAR PKNAME(0000)]  = mewtwo
[VAR PKNAME(0001)]   = Lugia
[VAR PKNAME(0002)]  = ho-oh
[VAR PKNAME(0003)]   = kyogre
[VAR PKNAME(0004)]  = groudon
[VAR PKNAME(0005)]   = rayquaza
[VAR PKNAME(0006)]  = dialga
[VAR PKNAME(0007)]   = palkia
[VAR PKNAME(0008)]  = giratina
[VAR PKNAME(0009)]   = reshiram
[VAR PKNAME(000A)]  = zekrom
[VAR PKNAME(000B)]   = kyurem
[VAR PKNAME(000C)]  = xerneas
[VAR PKNAME(000D)]   =yveltal
[VAR PKNAME(000E)]  = zgyarde
[VAR PKNAME(000F) = ????

I think I'm missing something here...

Is there any full info about version exclusives? I've read somewhere that Goomy/Trapinch and Beldum/Gible are exclusive pairs, but I couldn't really find any confirmation on that part.

Hm, that seems a short list of pokemon. Let me just list them out and arbitrarily assign them some gen 6 banlists and...exclude the mythical pokemon, i guess
[VAR PKNAME(000F) = ????

Last one might be manaphy or phione, if those count.

Last one might be manaphy or phione, if those count.
those are mythical pokemon so that'd be weird to add them but none of the other mythicals

I'm gussing mythicals just aren't listed? and if that's the case then it's possible ultra beasts aren't listed either which, well, its slight story spoilers but there's no real way to talk about the balist without it soooo

solgaleo & Lunala are considered ultra beasts too, apparently. so if there's a flat ultra beast ban, they'd get rolled into it without needing a specific listing at the tree?

also it occurs to me that Ash Greninja might be the final ban list. It's banned from VGC, after all

[VAR PKNAME(000F) = ????

Wait... that may mean that that mythical Pokémon are going to be avaliable for VGC2017 2018 and Battle Spot?

Let me pick my Mega Mence and my Jirachi for a sec, I'm going to worlds...

Last edited:
Wait... that may mean that that mythical Pokémon are going to be avaliable for VGC2017 and Battle Spot?

Doubt they'll ever allow event legendaries, plus I think Jirachi learns follow me in gen 5 through an event so it is not likely to be the potent monster it is in smogon doubles.

[VAR PKNAME(000F) = ????

Arceus?

Wait... that may mean that that mythical Pokémon are going to be avaliable for VGC2017 and Battle Spot?

Considering VGC2017 is Alolan Regional Dex only, and Mega Stones are not allowed, I think you may have some trouble with that.

Doubt they'll ever allow event legendaries, plus I think Jirachi learns follow me in gen 5 through an event so it is not likely to be the potent monster it is in smogon doubles.
I mean, it would make sense why they nerfed Dark Void now.

They didn't bother before because you could only use it with Darkrai and Smeargle.

By making it a Darkrai exclusive, there would be no reason to nerf this move, since Smeargle can't use it anymore, and Darkrai is not allowed in any competitive format... unless...

Considering VGC2017 is Alolan Regional Dex only, and Mega Stones are not allowed, I think you may have some trouble with that.
I meant VGC 2018, my bad :p

I know I'm deviating from the topic, but no one said a thing about Shiinotic, how do you guys think it will fare in the S&M Meta? It does have that gimmicky recover HP equal to targets attack stat. Also has Moonlight, for the special attackers. Has spore and a pretty decent typing. But its stats just suck..

I know I'm deviating from the topic, but no one said a thing about Shiinotic, how do you guys think it will fare in the S&M Meta? It does have that gimmicky recover HP equal to targets attack stat. Also has Moonlight, for the special attackers. Has spore and a pretty decent typing. But its stats just suck..
Grass Poison doesn't sound good tho (It is Grass Fairy, rigth? I'm not sure)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)