SPOILERS! Pokemon Sun and Moon Full Game Datamine General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh... that sounds even worse

(I was thinking of Grass/Fairy, but I typed Grass/Poison because I saw Spore and I thought Amoonguss
Yeah, it has a quad weakness to Poison.. I really wish they gave Shiinotic better stats, and a useful ability too :(

I've got to say, I like how a lot of Abilities have more in-depth descriptions now that they aren't restrained to a tiny rectangle on the status screen.
Looks like Weak Armor now boosts your Speed 2 levels: "Physical attacks to the Pokémon lower its Defense stat but sharply raise its Speed stat."

Last edited:
quick question, has it been confirmed that Triples and Rotations will NOT be returning in Sun and Moon? I haven't been able to find anything about that in the datamine info... but then again, there is a lot to go through.

Since weather abilities are not hidden and from the wild encounter chart we find Wingull and Roggenrolla pretty early in the game, does that mean we can use weather in-game from the get-go?

And does anyone know where the day-care is located?

Since weather abilities are not hidden and from the wild encounter chart we find Wingull and Roggenrolla pretty early in the game, does that mean we can use weather in-game from the get-go?

The Weather abilities were only given to the fully-evolved stages. And it's not exactly "from the get-go", as Boldore evolves by trading, so it's just early rain.

Second island.

Hm, that seems a short list of pokemon. Let me just list them out and arbitrarily assign them some gen 6 banlists and...exclude the mythical pokemon, i guess
VAR PKNAME(0000)]  = mewtwo
[VAR PKNAME(0001)]   = Lugia
[VAR PKNAME(0002)]  = ho-oh
[VAR PKNAME(0003)]   = kyogre
[VAR PKNAME(0004)]  = groudon
[VAR PKNAME(0005)]   = rayquaza
[VAR PKNAME(0006)]  = dialga
[VAR PKNAME(0007)]   = palkia
[VAR PKNAME(0008)]  = giratina
[VAR PKNAME(0009)]   = reshiram
[VAR PKNAME(000A)]  = zekrom
[VAR PKNAME(000B)]   = kyurem
[VAR PKNAME(000C)]  = xerneas
[VAR PKNAME(000D)]   =yveltal
[VAR PKNAME(000E)]  = zgyarde
[VAR PKNAME(000F) = Arceus

I think I'm missing something here...
I love how they buffed some old and forgotten Pokemon. Not that farfetched or masquerain get good but some of them are some kind of playable now. Also some Pokemon got new abillities. Great! (except gengar)
Especially the hail buff with slush rush is apreciated.

A Pokemon thats worth mentioning is Crabominable.

I saw it on a leaked Pokedex before, an ice/fighting type. It had the capabillity to completeley reel the current Meta. And what did it got? Good stab like Ice Hammer; Close Combat, good coverage with StEdge, RSlide, EQ, Pursuit some boosting and support moves... just...

But then i saw this:
97/132/77/62/67/43 (insert backspin sound here)

Why just 43 speed? WHY? An defensive ice type, which isnt even defensive. WOW. Thats what we wanted. I am extremeley disappointed. It is not even scarfable. Maybe it can find some usage with Trick Room but Trick Room is dead in OU. I dont even know if lower Tiers run it because there are just very few good teams. Okay it has a little potential in VGC but for me GF messed it up. A new great unique typing with bad stats. Not generally but it has ice typing, and you know the problem with defensive, slow ice types. What do you guys think? Is it kind of playable in OU, did i oversee a thing?

Last edited:
The Weather abilities were only given to the fully-evolved stages. And it's not exactly "from the get-go", as Boldore evolves by trading, so it's just early rain.
Wait, so after breeding we won't be able to tell whether they'll have a weather ability or not? Thank god there's the ability capsule!

If it had gotten ice shard or mach punch at least we could try and boost into it, and least of it had like 80+ speed we could try scarfing it, but at that speed tier, with no priority and that typing.... U_U

Wait, so after breeding we won't be able to tell whether they'll have a weather ability or not? Thank god there's the ability capsule!
You'll be able to know because the previous stages get a different ability. I can't remember who Wingull gets, but Roggenrola & Boldore get Weak Armor I believe, which becomes Sand Stream on Gigalith

Wrong. The earlier forms get new Abilities too, just not the weather-producing ones.

Hydration Wingull --> Drizzle Pelipper
Weak Armor Roggenrola --> Weak Armor Boldore --> Sand Stream Gigalith
Snow Cloak Vanillite --> Snow Cloak Vanillish --> Snow Warning Vanilluxe

If it had gotten ice shard or mach punch at least we could try and boost into it, and least of it had like 80+ speed we could try scarfing it, but at that speed tier, with no priority and that typing.... U_U
Trick Room is love, Trick Room is life. (GF where are my TR ability and TR item that buff the duration...)

I know the new Pokemon havn't been added to Showdown yet, but have they been added to the damage calcs yet, or do we still just set up all that on our own?

I love how they buffed some old and forgotten Pokemon. Not that farfetched or masquerain get good but some of them are some kind of playable now. Also some Pokemon got new abillities. Great! (except gengar)

I saw it on a leaked Pokedex before, an ice/fighting type. It had the capabillity to completeley reel the current Meta. And what did it got? Good stab like Ice Hammer; Close Combat, good coverage with StEdge, RSlide, EQ, Pursuit some boosting and support moves... just...

But then i saw this:

Why just 43 speed? WHY? An defensive ice type, which isnt even defensive. WOW. Thats what we wanted. I am extremeley disappointed. It is not even scarfable. Maybe it can find some usage with Trick Room but Trick Room is dead in OU. I dont even know if lower Tiers run it because there are just very few good teams. Okay it has a little potential in VGC but for me GF messed it up. A new great unique typing with bad stats. Not generally but it has ice typing, and you know the problem with defensive, slow ice types. What do you guys think? Is it kind of playable in OU, did i oversee a thing?
What exactly killed Trick Room in the same gen that introduced almost exclusively Pokemon slow enough to take advantage of it? Psychic terrain doesn't block negative priority too does it?

But then i saw this:

Can definitely get some stuff done in trick room but its not gonna sniff OU

What exactly killed Trick Room in the same gen that introduced almost exclusively Pokemon slow enough to take advantage of it? Psychic terrain doesn't block negative priority too does it?
I think its more or less the number of users vs. the number of abusers. Nothing new thats particularly "great" gets trick room this gen, so looking at today's ou and how many trick roomers there are... well where are your options when you probably want Weather + Terrain + Z crystals + mega + Entry Hazards + Damage + Tank... Trick Rooming isn't actually as easy as it sounds to put down. Not even the tapus get trick room, and that really sucks. It'd be almost like a stall only thing but then whats the point of your damage dealers if its stall.

Really wish they made a trick room extending item.. if one existed the meta would be so badass. (confirmed the terrain extended item doesn't or naw?)

Im not sure if it was killed. But 2 Years ago it was a lot more present. Knock off spam is likely a big reason if you look at the common setuppers. Also protect stall vs only 5 turns without item boosting possibility. But thats just guessing, i didnt analyze it. PimpParasect has a good point.

Halcyon.

@Choice Specs
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Trick Room will always be sub-par in singles because it doesn't last long enough to actually make a difference, and most teams are too heavily reliant on it to succeed. Plus many setters lose to common threats like Bisharp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)