Dragonite

I don't think anyone has mentioned this but Aqua Jet has like a million more PP then Extremespeed. That's got to count for something.

I'm excited about dragonite's access to windstorm. My OU raindance team had the most problems with grass pokemon in gen 4, and this could really solve alot of those problems.

@ Meru

No, Suprisingly Moltres does not get Gale (Windstorm)

@ thewetmop

Ok I get that Dragonite can use rain with windstorm, Thunder, and aqua jet (Probably the only viable set it can be used over Extremespeed but someone tell me a Sun team. It can also make use of fire blast so how do you people think this'll work?

Has anybody mentioned Dragonite's lead moveset? That's pretty devastating, although who knows how it'll do this generation.

I'd imagine it'll be much the same as 4th gen. There are no real new moves that it can take advantage of in the anti lead set. You can make a seperate anti lead set using Multi Scale (I.E without Extremespeed.) However you trade killing priority for more bulk that you can't really use on the anti lead set.

@ Meru

No, Suprisingly Moltres does not get Gale (Windstorm)

@ thewetmop

Ok I get that Dragonite can use rain with windstorm, Thunder, and aqua jet (Probably the only viable set it can be used over Extremespeed but someone tell me a Sun team. It can also make use of fire blast so how do you people think this'll work?
Ev distribution similar to its anit lead set, but with thunder, windstorm, earthquake, and aquajet/extremespeed

draco meteor doesn't even really need to be used, as windstorm is almost as strong, and doesn't drop his sp.atk 2 stages.

When I first started reading this thread I was getting disappointed because Dragonite got Multi Scale but was getting fucked by Stealth Rock.

Then I realized it gets Roost, AND MY WHOLE WORLD CHANGED. Roost with Multi Scale is a big boost for Dragonite this generation. I REALLY hope that Multi-Scale really does reduce damage by 50% like a previous poster said.

I edited to op. I took out offensive DDnite cause it seemed uninteresting in the new generation. I edited the Life Orb Dragonite and gave a better discription. I edited the Scout, Stall, Phase set with a new name, some other options, and a better discription, Made a choice specs set, and edited the discription of multi scale to make people realise just what they're dealing with. Hopefully this'll quell any confusion. Still dragonite's got a big movepool. Someone try and make a set that I can put on the op.

Maybe try this VERY unconventional moveset?

BluffNite@Life Orb?
Modest, Multi Scale
252 SpA, 252 Spe, 4 Hp
-Dragon Dance
-Wind Storm
-Fire Blast/ Thunder
-Dragon Pulse/Draco Meteor

The point of this is to bluff a DD set, whilst you actually have a special attacker. 328 SpA is pretty good, especially when the foe is expecting a physical attack, sending in either their Skarmory, Forretress, or Abagoora.
This set loves the rain, with its Windstorm and Thunder raising to 100% acc. Fire Blast is for Forretress/Skarmory, Thunder is for Skarmory/Abagoora. Either way, Skarmory is dead. Windstorm is for 70-100% acc 120 BP STAB move, and D Pulse and Draco Meteor are dependant on whether you are willing to have a 2 SpA drop

Opinions? very unconventional, but may actually wind up being very effective!

It's got surprise value but that's it. Once the opponent knows you have this set it'll overall be useless. If you really wanna change it up give it outrage over Dragon Pulse / Draco Meteor. I always wanted to know what a mixed ddnite would be like. Anyone care to second.

Edited op further. Made a claw sharpen set. I'm not making any more. Guys you can make edits to my sets if you wish. I'm not all that good a set maker so you can edit it to benifit the set better and I won't complain

I edited to op. I took out offensive DDnite cause it seemed uninteresting in the new generation. I edited the Life Orb Dragonite and gave a better discription. I edited the Scout, Stall, Phase set with a new name, some other options, and a better discription, Made a choice specs set, and edited the discription of multi scale to make people realise just what they're dealing with. Hopefully this'll quell any confusion. Still dragonite's got a big movepool. Someone try and make a set that I can put on the op.
Remember, in the description it says Outrage doesn't lock you in if it isn't effective[unless the translation was incorrect somehow]. I think this grants Offensive Dragonite the opportunity to severely weaken Mence's/Garchomp's/[Insert Dragon Here]'s counters so it can sweep. With the possibly of Outrage being even more ridiculous, you can't count that set out yet. Or any Dragon with Outrage for that matter.

Description from the games' coding.

Outrage: Physical Dragon PP: 10 Power: 120 / Accuracy: 100 Effect: If this attack is successful, the effect begins. Effect lasts for two or three rounds, including the current round. During effect, user uses this attack during each of its turns and can't take any other action. [When user uses this attack this way during the last round of the effect, it becomes confused at the end of that round], unless it's already confused. Effect ends without causing confusion if this attack's type is ineffective against opponent's types [before the last round of the effect], if user is prevented from using this attack, or when user falls asleep, becomes frozen, or is replaced [before the last round of the effect]. If user is asleep, this attack deals damage and lasts one turn (doesn't cause confusion).

It's got surprise value but that's it. Once the opponent knows you have this set it'll overall be useless. If you really wanna change it up give it outrage over Dragon Pulse / Draco Meteor. I always wanted to know what a mixed ddnite would be like. Anyone care to second.

Edited op further. Made a claw sharpen set. I'm not making any more. Guys you can make edits to my sets if you wish. I'm not all that good a set maker so you can edit it to benifit the set better and I won't complain
I think you should make one last edit and throw mine on with Dragon Claw/Outrage on instead of Dragon Pulse/Draco Meteor

Hrm..... I want someone to second this set. It seems like it's to simple to consider. If Someone with more credibility can second this I probably will.

I have a bit of credibility!
Look at all the Abagoora sets i came up with!

BTW the Nite i made is on one of my 3 new teams (I have Rain Dance, Sanstorm, and non-weather)

Mkay but I still want someone to second. Plus I can't really give any opinion on any set until we can battle with them. Don't forget this is only theorymon until it can be proporly tested.

Well, whether or not you add it to the front page, here's my revised MixNite (with his classic nickname):

Chopsticks@LifeOrb
Multiscale, Rash
252 SpA, 72 Atk, 184 Spe
-Dragon Dance
-Thunder/Fire Blast
-Windstorm
-Superpower/Outrage

Maximizing SpA is a priority, as that is his main method of attacking. 184 Spe EVs allow for 363 Spe after a DD, the minimun to outrun + Base 115 pokemon (eg Starmie and its ice beam). The rest is dumped into Attack to power up the final move, either outrage or Superpower. Outrage is to eliminate other dragons, and only for that reason, while Superpower has the main role of eliminating Blissey (ALWAYS an OHKO- 116% min on Max HP/Def Bold Blissey with +1. 77.6- 91.3 with no boost) as well as checking Heatran, Tyranitar, and other Fighting- weak pokemon. Though ive never seen one, +1 Superpower does 82.1-96.6% to max HP/Def Snorlax.
Thunder Destroys Skarmory and Abagoora, while Fire Blast Wrecks Skarmory (again) and Forretress.
Windstorm is 120 BP STAB attack, and has 100 acc during any weather condition

Superpower is preferred over Outrage for its higher versatility, and Thunder even to Fire Blast because we are more likely to see alot of rain dance team with drizzle politoed, while not so much with ninetails, as rain dance teams have more options for the most part. Though CB scizor gets wrecked by it, which could try to revenge it otherwise

Rash is preferred over Mild due to Superpowers Defence drop; we do not want it too low, especially with CB Scizor's Bullet Punch. Though, if opting to Outrage, Mild can be used

I think that special set is very cool. However, having only special attacks with no boosts makes him VERY predictable. Your mixed set is good though.

@TacoBot

I believe you can breed Dream World abilities when the female has the ability. But then again that may just be a rumor.

@XxbreadonxX

Nice revisement. I'll put it in the op with your credibility.

@WarriorPrince

We should get real confirmation before making that assumption cause that just seems uber worthy. Outrage made a huge turn last gen by simply making it a physical stab and making it a move tutor move. If Game Freak really went beyond that they truely deserve the title of Troll Freak.

i don't think that Outrage + Iron Tail on Claw sharpen set would be much viable, ANY steel type walls it. and also a combination of Dragon Dance + Superpower doesn't sound very appealing either, for obvious reasons...

That's what I figured as well. The "Dragon Rush" + Iron Tail is easily resisted by steel types but that can easily be countered by a good old fasion steel killer / late game sweep.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)