NOC C9++ Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's unlikely that roles can't target consecutively, that would probably be mentioned in the mechanics in an open setup since it's not normal

the doc claim is probably town imo. the claim in reaction to the dayvig joke reads like panicked newbtown. I think newbscum would ask for advice and wouldn't have claimed so fast.

feels like asek is avoiding giving an opinion

Asek

Banned deucer.
thoughts on durza
If hes actually the doc im probably going to ask to be subbed out

I dont believe his claim. Doctor is the role claim that has the least onus on the claimant to prove themselves. A fake claim doc can just keep saying they targetted someone who didnt get shot and in this format theres no way to disprove that really (no potential watchers or trackers iirc)

Also why would you claim doctor if you were doctor there? Hed done a good enough job of dissuading a nk as a pr should he just needed to present a case and he probably would of been fine.

I think it's unlikely that roles can't target consecutively, that would probably be mentioned in the mechanics in an open setup since it's not normal

the doc claim is probably town imo. the claim in reaction to the dayvig joke reads like panicked newbtown. I think newbscum would ask for advice and wouldn't have claimed so fast.

? roles targeting consecutively isn't the issue here

Vote Count 1.3

DurzaOffTopic: kirsche, Twin, zorbees
Earlio: asek, BBM
BBM: Haruno, Fenrir
Fenrir: Earlio
Thetwinmasters: Champ1604
acidphoenix: Jalmont
zorbees: acidphoenix

Not voting: MoodyCloud, DurzaOffTopic

This isn't as long as I expected it would be because so much of pages 1-7 is Twin and Durza arguing and accomplishing nothing. Way to go.
can we get 1 more vote on fenrir
I'd be interested in knowing if there was in fact more of a reason than "because I said so."

Why, also just realized why the fuck are you talking about getting another lynch when hes not even L-1

Foh with ur stupid shit
Yet you're talking about asking for a claim when I'm not even at L-1.

Im sorry, I cant deal with this kid rn, and I will so forth refuse to respond to your idiocy
More about the Twin/Durza conflict as a whole as opposed to this specific post, but I really hate how Durza's just stonewalling Thetwinmasters with salt at every turn. No "what do you mean by this" if he doesn't understand the question, just getting pissed and ignoring it. I don't find it to be alignment indicative, but it's definitely not constructive. (AKA Durza please make an effort to cooperate with people when they ask you things.)

i was agreeing with you?!?!?!?!?

Also why would scum want to draw blood as fast as possible? Wouldnt they rather lurk and avoid attention?

Now you're being oppurtunistic
This is wifom. You are 100% aware that this is wifom. Don't use wifom. It's horrible.

I think he was reffering to my asking for your claim.

My reasoning behind that is because he asked for one more vote so I assumed you were at L-1. Was mistaken, my bad.
And you didn't question that he'd have been asking for hammer less than an hour into the day? When most of the people in the game had yet to post?

Lynch Durza

Eventually the pressure will lead to a town claim/obvious scum post
I assume from this that you were satisfied with the pressure on me at this point then. What did you see that made you decide you'd seen enough from me?

bbm did you say something else about me? honestly confused wrt that

also if fenrir were to suddenly reveal as IC who would you go on rn

twin why park your vote on someone who hasn't posted and isn't here instead of anyone else who could actually react to it now
This is one example of what I mean with Asek not acknowledging answers to his own questions. Both of these have been answered-almost instantly in fact. What is your opinion on these answers and how do they affect your reads?

I don't see what you mean by "stiff."
This never got an answer. I'd appreciate an answer.

acid- I would vote for earlio if fenrir claimed innocent child. not a fan of rvs voting someone who has legitimate votes on them and then not talking about them at all. his posts give a vibe of standing back and letting other people do things.
I agree there's a problem with Earlio, but how is this different from your placing a vote on someone with two on them and then vanishing (yes, I'm still calling it that)?

Durza- how many games have you played?

@twin/haruno/asek- why is durza scummy for being easily offended and getting riled up by twin when that was what he was trying to do? The thing about asking for a claim seems like it comes from someone who's new more than anything else.

good night guys. heads up, I won't have very much time to post tomorrow.
I can attest to Durza not being new, for what it's worth.

Asek

Banned deucer.
If i dont respond to something you posted it probably didnr register as important enough in my brain to remember responding to it

Fenrir if you have questions for me compile them into a post, tag me and ill ger to it

If hes actually the doc im probably going to ask to be subbed out

I dont believe his claim. Doctor is the role claim that has the least onus on the claimant to prove themselves. A fake claim doc can just keep saying they targetted someone who didnt get shot and in this format theres no way to disprove that really (no potential watchers or trackers iirc)

Also why would you claim doctor if you were doctor there? Hed done a good enough job of dissuading a nk as a pr should he just needed to present a case and he probably would of been fine.
can you vote durza then

earl

(EVIOLITE COMPATIBLE)
is a Community Contributor
I'm watching Durza here and he's really just throwing shade at Twin while simultaneously claiming a really hard to prove role so
Lynch Durza

And sorry for the general lack of posts (still probably on the upper half) I've had a pretty crammed day (exchange student+end of a vacation) so I'll pick up my posts tomorrow

fenrir it's more important to talk about current things than old things, especially stuff from RVS. please give opinions on the doc claim.

what I did is... totally different from what earlio did because the vote on you was an RVS vote and there was nothing happening in the thread to talk about. when earlio voted the votes were not RVS and there were things to give opinions about, instead of just placing an RVS vote.

I thought somebody asked whether docs could target the same person consecutively?

I feel like you guys are ignoring that durza mistakenly thought twin was going to dayvig them. do you guys think that part was just bs? it honestly reads like genuine panic to me. durza's mafia experience is mostly PS, which is chatroom right? that would encourage overreacting to things, which in general explains most of the questionable parts of their play

fenrir it's more important to talk about current things than old things, especially stuff from RVS. please give opinions on the doc claim.

what I did is... totally different from what earlio did because the vote on you was an RVS vote and there was nothing happening in the thread to talk about. when earlio voted the votes were not RVS and there were things to give opinions about, instead of just placing an RVS vote.

I thought somebody asked whether docs could target the same person consecutively?

I feel like you guys are ignoring that durza mistakenly thought twin was going to dayvig them. do you guys think that part was just bs? it honestly reads like genuine panic to me. durza's mafia experience is mostly PS, which is chatroom right? that would encourage overreacting to things, which in general explains most of the questionable parts of their play
Durza made a post about claiming because he was getting closed to being lynched at the same exact same time I posted the dayvig comment so that wasn't the source of the panic.

zorbees

Chwa for no reason!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
i think BBM has a point in regards to durza, in that if he were mafia, his teammates would probably be advising him what to do in scumchat (remember, they can daychat). I think it is likely that if he is mafia, his teammates were probably not active around the time he claimed. I don't think the fact that he panicked is alignment indicative though, I feel like both a scum and a power role would feel the pressure if they really thought they were going to die and hurt their teams chances.

He reads like he is having trouble putting out his thoughts and his constant delay in making posts make it seem he is really calculating his posts when he writes them which I'm not sure comes from a town perspective.
I can confirm the first part being true. There's been a recurring theme in games I've played where I have to continually reiterate my points due to unintentionally being vague,soI've developed ahabit of going over my word choice to make sure I'm being clear. The delay is coming from getting distracted (I went to read the end of game 9 in the MU Championships) or limited availability (I'm prone to getting migraines that the light from the screen only intensifies).

Saying its a pressure vote means it doesn't put any pressure on the person at all
Disagree with this. The threat of being lynched always adds pressure (unless someone's an unlynchable townie, but that's not relevant).

you realize that you are lynching me from a standpoint that durza being town is a nonsense possibility

while accusing durza of not voting his top scumread

the reads post was bad but i don't think it's enough to automatically make him scum, i honestly don't remember if there were good reasons that didn't pertain to that post, and i still think that his first few posts in his thunderdome against you more likely come from town than scum by a significant degree
What about those posts do you think make them come from town, and what do you think of his later posts in this "thunderdome" where he effectively shuts down?

unvote, vote thetwinmasters

you seem super paranoid with 0 votes on you which is a bit weird
I don't see paranoia so much as I see frustration with Durza.

gut + like of the content i remembered him producing

it's not a strong one but it's strong enough to put him a tier above you two

lynch zorbees going to join this wagon for now

going to reread for the people in "others" because that category is too big
You joined this wagon and I see no reason for you to do so at the time you make this post. It's essentially hopping onto a wagon started by Twin's omgus vote (which has its own problems in that there was no need for him to shift either). You go on to list him as the scummiest player-why is that? Of course Twin asking you this is the next thing I come across. I'm not 100% satisfied with your response, as you placed your vote before doing your reread of him and deciding he was scummy.

Earlio: Makes sense, at least. Thoughts on the current banter?

Fenrir is still voting BBM for including a reason with his RVS vote. I guess that is a mindset thing but I think you could do more than that (like talk about his reads that aren't on you). Need that content post haste, but for now let's put someone else in my spotlight.
Going through the first seven oages, I saw numerous questions from BBM but few reads. I wouldn't mind a reads list from him that I could respond to.

Not really seeing any big revelations as of now, but Durza's gone pretty quiet and Twin Sea to have cooled off slightly on him. I'd still like to see a few people (Jalmont, Champ, etc) speak up cuz nobody is really coming off as very scummy.

From what I've seems of Zorbees this is basically what he did vamps day 1 (when he was town) so I'm leaning towards town for him.
I don't like this hedge at all. "Nobody is really coming off as scummy"? I find it hard to believe that this is your actual opinion, and even if it is there are plenty of chances for you to give your thoughts on something. I still need to do my reread of There Are Vamps ITG (I'll try to get it done when this thread is less active).

Have to go to bed soon, not risking being hammered overnight, as well as he said he was gonna dayvig me d1. Im dead tonight but might as well lose me than misshooting, possibily mislynching, and another town death tonight
You're not getting hammered overnight. Nobody in their right mind would hammer with two days left in D1. I'm loath to believe your doc claim, and your complete 180 on Twin (going from voting him to claiming you'll protect him [also a bad idea to claim that if you are in fact Doctor]) doesn't help.

isnt doctor like, the #1 fakeclaim other than vanilla townie, since its not really provable?
This too.

durza can you self target and can you target the same person twice in a row
The self-target would be op af I think. Are we allowed to ask Paperblade about this? I see what you did there.

DO NOT PUT MORE THAN 2 MORE VOTES ON DURZA TYVM
Thetwinmasters Just wondering if there's a reason for this since I was considering switching my vote to Durza before I saw this.

Oh i was responding to the targeting same person each night

Bro i know how to play mafia
This reads as a hasty attempt to cover up for the "noobslip" (in quotation marks because I've not made up my mind as to if that's what it is) andI'm not a fan of it.

I should clarify that no roles in this game can self-target.
Thank you. At this point I would switch my lynch to Durza but I'd like to know why

I've mentioned disagreeing with this already, on the basis that I know Durza to be neither newbtown or newbscum but possibly newb-someone-who-hasn't-played-C9++. Claiming so quickly is exactly what I'd expect scum to do regardless of experience level though.

i think BBM has a point in regards to durza, in that if he were mafia, his teammates would probably be advising him what to do in scumchat (remember, they can daychat). I think it is likely that if he is mafia, his teammates were probably not active around the time he claimed. I don't think the fact that he panicked is alignment indicative though, I feel like both a scum and a power role would feel the pressure if they really thought they were going to die and hurt their teams chances.
Ignoring that his partners may not have been online at the time, what about the possibility of Durza being SK?

I can confirm the first part being true. There's been a recurring theme in games I've played where I have to continually reiterate my points due to unintentionally being vague,soI've developed ahabit of going over my word choice to make sure I'm being clear. The delay is coming from getting distracted (I went to read the end of game 9 in the MU Championships) or limited availability (I'm prone to getting migraines that the light from the screen only intensifies).

Disagree with this. The threat of being lynched always adds pressure (unless someone's an unlynchable townie, but that's not relevant).

What about those posts do you think make them come from town, and what do you think of his later posts in this "thunderdome" where he effectively shuts down?

I don't see paranoia so much as I see frustration with Durza.

You joined this wagon and I see no reason for you to do so at the time you make this post. It's essentially hopping onto a wagon started by Twin's omgus vote (which has its own problems in that there was no need for him to shift either). You go on to list him as the scummiest player-why is that? Of course Twin asking you this is the next thing I come across. I'm not 100% satisfied with your response, as you placed your vote before doing your reread of him and deciding he was scummy.

Going through the first seven oages, I saw numerous questions from BBM but few reads. I wouldn't mind a reads list from him that I could respond to.

I don't like this hedge at all. "Nobody is really coming off as scummy"? I find it hard to believe that this is your actual opinion, and even if it is there are plenty of chances for you to give your thoughts on something. I still need to do my reread of There Are Vamps ITG (I'll try to get it done when this thread is less active).

You're not getting hammered overnight. Nobody in their right mind would hammer with two days left in D1. I'm loath to believe your doc claim, and your complete 180 on Twin (going from voting him to claiming you'll protect him [also a bad idea to claim that if you are in fact Doctor]) doesn't help.

This too.

The self-target would be op af I think. Are we allowed to ask Paperblade about this? I see what you did there.

Thetwinmasters Just wondering if there's a reason for this since I was considering switching my vote to Durza before I saw this.

This reads as a hasty attempt to cover up for the "noobslip" (in quotation marks because I've not made up my mind as to if that's what it is) andI'm not a fan of it.

Thank you. At this point I would switch my lynch to Durza but I'd like to know why

I've mentioned disagreeing with this already, on the basis that I know Durza to be neither newbtown or newbscum but possibly newb-someone-who-hasn't-played-C9++. Claiming so quickly is exactly what I'd expect scum to do regardless of experience level though.

Ignoring that his partners may not have been online at the time, what about the possibility of Durza being SK?
we don't want to put anybody at L-1 because they self vote if they are scum to kill discussion(At this current time Durza is at L-3)

my vote placement was at the time based entirely off the quoted post

fenrir I think that comes from frustration mostly regardless of durzas alignment

DurzaOffTopic why the fuck did you claim less than a third into the day in a day that is going to go the full length

durza's reactions, whether town or scum, make most sense viewed through the lens of someone who hasn't played a lot of forum mafia, which is completely different from chatroom mafia. they asked for objections on whether or not they should claim, and wouldn't have actually claimed if not for the vig comment. the super early claim is also congruous with them asking fenrir to claim a few hours into the game. they have the wrong opinion that people should claim super quickly when under suspicion to move things along, which is why I don't think it's a gambit.

scum: earlio
leaning scum: asek, fenrir, haruno
leaning town: durza, twin
neutral: everyone else

I haven't talked about haruno and asek much I guess because there aren't any specific posts they've made that I dislike, although I will be reading through their posts again tomorrow, but I just have an overall negative gut feeling about them. it feels like haruno is active lurking and asek is just giving reads with no reasons behind them until pushed to do so later. unlike twin though, who is trying to advance the game state and get people to do things, it feels like asek is just commenting. not sure how to explain it; just feels kind of distanced and passive.

fenrir's last few posts going through the earlier pages are ~okay~ I guess. some good points about acidphoenix. it's good that fenrir is talking about other people? will re-evaluate here tomorrow as well.

gonna sleep now

I have problems with people claiming VT w/ no pressure if only because it accomplishes nothing. Early on it’s effectively filler. I don’t see how Asek gets a “hard town read” from this.
You love lies. I mean,
1. I had a perfect reason for it. So that we don't end up on RVS and make a PR claim.
2. What's towny about a person claiming VT when under pressure? If you answer is "I never said that a person claiming VT under pressure is towny" then sorry it's my fault for being a vt. A VT without any specific power. Thanks. And I guess claiming VT under pressure is more scummy. I don't see anything wrong in claiming VT early in a theme without a pre-determined role list. Thanks.

unvote vote haruno

Haruno usually posts more nonsense as village, and idles when mafia. QED

The whole Durza thing is very strange and I don't know how to read it. I guess the above post by BBM makes sense in explaining his actions (with the alternative explanation being, he's just collapsing under pressure), so I don't really know how I want to read it. I guess I have to wonder, do I really believe that Durza thought twin was a dayvig? But Durza himself says he's "experienced." So I just don't really know. I think it's still scummy. But not sure it's something I want to deal with now.

I don't see anything wrong in claiming VT early in a theme without a pre-determined role list. Thanks.
What do you think would happen if everyone who was VT decided to do this?

You love lies. I mean,
1. I had a perfect reason for it. So that we don't end up on RVS and make a PR claim.
2. What's towny about a person claiming VT when under pressure? If you answer is "I never said that a person claiming VT under pressure is towny" then sorry it's my fault for being a vt. A VT without any specific power. Thanks. And I guess claiming VT under pressure is more scummy. I don't see anything wrong in claiming VT early in a theme without a pre-determined role list. Thanks.
post some thoughts on other people

What do you think would happen if everyone who was VT decided to do this?
Let's see,
Firstly, I don't think anything considerable will happen. Mostly because,
1. Either most good PRs will hop on the VT massclaim, because saying that "I'm a PR and not VT" is easier than "I'm a VT and not a PR".

Secondly,
I'm pretty sure some scum not PRs would hop on too. And I clearly don't see scum PRs hoping on VT claims.

Thirdly and lastly,
Applying 'what-ifs' in a mafia game makes no sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)