Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 14

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you are talking about Diamond you can pickup heartscales underground as in dig them up the name of the town that you need to go to for the move tutor escapes me right now but it's south of hearthome.

Hope that helps.
Thanks

I'm pretty confused atm...

whats the difference between a tank, wall and staller ? =C
Tank takes over all most most of its hits. Walls take hits from a specific side. Physical or special. Stallers generally have decent defense/sp.df and hp, moves like leech seed, toxic, protect, subtitute, confuse ray, etc. Stallers just try to protect + toxic + leech seed, commonly. But basically it trys to use its moves to stall out residual damage. Sandstream is also used too.Anything like that.

In-game question: does Hoiney Gather's rate of Picking Up Honey increase with level?
Yes.

A Pokemon with a 230 Attack stat hits what number after a Belly Drum?
Do 230 *4 iirc.

I recently accquired an Extremespeed Jolly Linoone. It will be running the Belly Drum set.

It has these ivs: 27/22/0/18/1/28

Whats evs should I run? I was thinking 108 HP / 252 Atk / 68 Def / 24 Sp Def / 56 Spe

The evs above:
- Give Linoone an even number HP for Gluttony
- Maximizes Attack
- Most leads are physical so a good amount of defense investiment
- A little bit of Sp Def investiment
- Allows him to outrun Choice Scarf Adament Heracross after Salac boost

i have a heracross with very good ivs and adamant nature, however, it has swarm instead of guts

i was planning on running flame orb swords dance with Megahorn, Close Combat and Facade but now that it has swarm, im thinking of

Swords Dance/Stone Edge/Close Combat/Megahorn with either Salac Berry(where do you get it?) or Wide Lens to boost Stone Edge and Megahorn

id obviously prefer the Guts one, but where can Swarm come in handy for a pokemon like Heracross?

Ya, if you plan to use MoPcross which runs something like this:

Heracross@Salac Berry
Swarm
252Atk/252Spe 4whatever
Adamant

Swords Dance
Substitute
Close Combat
Megahorn

The point is that your HP will go low enough for Hera to get the Swarm Boost and Raise Megahorn's Power. The subs are there so he does not get statused. You'd think that's odd, but that's how this set operates.
I've used this set once, and it works quite well actually!

Can you Baton Pass an Unburden from Drifblim? Thanks.
It was proven unburden doesn't go through a baton pass.

i have a heracross with very good ivs and adamant nature, however, it has swarm instead of guts

i was planning on running flame orb swords dance with Megahorn, Close Combat and Facade but now that it has swarm, im thinking of

Swords Dance/Stone Edge/Close Combat/Megahorn with either Salac Berry(where do you get it?) or Wide Lens to boost Stone Edge and Megahorn

id obviously prefer the Guts one, but where can Swarm come in handy for a pokemon like Heracross?
Look up heracross's dex entry in the smogon pokemon d/p page. Find sets for swarm there.

Since they answered your main question...
You can get a Salac Berry by PalParking a Pokemon holding Salac Berry from third gen, or obtain one via Pokemon Battle Revolution

I recently accquired an Extremespeed Jolly Linoone. It will be running the Belly Drum set.

It has these ivs: 27/22/0/18/1/28

Whats evs should I run? I was thinking 108 HP / 252 Atk / 68 Def / 24 Sp Def / 56 Spe

The evs above:
- Give Linoone an even number HP for Gluttony
- Maximizes Attack
- Most leads are physical so a good amount of defense investiment
- A little bit of Sp Def investiment
- Allows him to outrun Choice Scarf Adament Heracross after Salac boost
Linoone won't be surviving much at all, defensive investment is rarely worth it. Assuming this is for OU (as you mentioned outrunning Heracross, I would probably run 252Atk / 232Spe / 12 Hp / 12 Def.

Max attack is a given, 232 Speed ensures that you outspeed Modest Choice Scarf Gengar, so you can OHKO it with Shadow Claw before it Focus Blasts you. It also puts you ahead of Choice Scarf Lucario, Porygon-Z, and Adamant Choice Scarf Garchomp. 12 Hp with a 27 IV puts you at 296 Hp, so that your Salac Berry activates at 50% (or 25% if you got a Pickup one)

Is it possible to breed a Happiny to know Charm and Aromatherapy?
Well if all you want the baby to be hatched with those moves then no. But you can just breed aromatherapy to it and it should know charm. If it has too much egg moves, then just heart scale to re-learn it.

I'm having a problem with wifi.

I was at the library and I got the blue, unlocked symbol. I established a connection with no problems and maintained 2-3 bars for the entire length of time. Heres what happens; I go to the GTS, it lets me in, It lets me search pokemon, but when I go to deposit or complete a trade it disconnects me. I've never done any online stuff with my ds before. Whats wrong here?

I'm having a problem with wifi.

I was at the library and I got the blue, unlocked symbol. I established a connection with no problems and maintained 2-3 bars for the entire length of time. Heres what happens; I go to the GTS, it lets me in, It lets me search pokemon, but when I go to deposit or complete a trade it disconnects me. I've never done any online stuff with my ds before. Whats wrong here?
I really think its just the GTS being stupid, I've had problems like this before with my home WiFi.

[sorry for my bad english]

Well, I've tried to edit manually, with an hex editor, one of my pokemons, with the intention to set the EVs of a single stat to 510.
I thought there was 2 bytes for each EV value [from 0000 to FFFF, to make it simple], so all I would have to do is to put 01FE instead of 00FF].
But, as this page [ http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pokémon_data_structure_in_the_DS ] explains, there's only 1 byte for each EV Value [from 00 to FF ---> from 00 to 255].

So, how can Nintendo put two Pokémon with over FF in one EV value?
Is there an one-byte Hex Number bigger than FF?
I don't think so, the Hex explanation must be in another part of the save... but WHERE?

Thank you for the Help °_°
And again, sorry for my bad english.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)