Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 14

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, you can use the tutor as many times as you want.

I have a Bold Deoxys with a Defense IV of 14-15 and Sp.Def IV 12-13 (yeah I know bad). I'm giving it 252 HP EVs, how do i split the rest to get both defense and sp.def roughly equal?

Hey I got a problem. I'll be breeding a Roselia with a Blissey to get Aromatherapy as an egg move. However I will be breeding for a Happiny instead of Chansey. I will need to attach a Luck Incense to Blissey, but I also need to attach an everstone to get the right nature. Can Roselia hold the Luck Incense? If not then what can I do?

Why are avatars I made looking so bad on certain people's av settings? I save them with .png to preserve transparency...
The size has to be 100 by 100 pixels. If it goes over the limit it resizes them and the white background adds by itself. What i did to fix it was save the avatar after its been resized, transperatize the background and upload it again.

Hey I got a problem. I'll be breeding a Roselia with a Blissey to get Aromatherapy as an egg move. However I will be breeding for a Happiny instead of Chansey. I will need to attach a Luck Incense to Blissey, but I also need to attach an everstone to get the right nature. Can Roselia hold the Luck Incense? If not then what can I do?
Roselia can hold the Luck Incense. Incense doesn't need to be carried by any particular parent or species.

In general, how much % difference does 5 points in special attack make when calculating damage (UU)? What about 20? And how about 6 points difference in defense or special defense?

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
In general, how much % difference does 5 points in special attack make when calculating damage (UU)? What about 20? And how about 6 points difference in defense or special defense?
It depends on how much those few points contribute to the total SpAttk. For instance, if the original SpAttk is 300, adding 5 points only increases it by about 1%. If the original SpAttk is 150, increasing it to 155 increases the damage by 3.3%.

Same goes for the defenses, except for decreasing damage taken.

because it has the strongest base attack of a pokemon with a STAB priority move?
erm... Honchkrow Sucker Punch
Weavile Ice Shard
Arceus Extremespeed..
amongst other Pokemon with higher attacks and Priority moves...
so.. dunno where he got Bannette..

Maybe he was talking about his strongest priority move but still Sucker Punch would still be stronger even with taking Shadow Sneak's priority into account.

Actually, an Absol's Sucker Punch is even more powerful than a Honchkrow Sucker Punch. When Absol is equipped with Life Orb, it is about equal in power to a Mixape Close Combat. Without an item, Absol Sucker Punch does a minimum of 42 % to Garchomp, to give you another perspective.

Sucker Punch isn't considered a reliable priority move though since it doesn't hit unless the enemy attacks. Strangely, CB Hustle Togekiss offers the most powerful non-Sucker Punch revenge kill move that isn't boosted (Extremespeed).

Regarding the box glitch where you can find out the nature of the egg. Does anyone know of the mechanics, I'd guess I'd call it, for this. Because I checking a heracross and I clearly saw the word swarm, which baffled me. For normal pokemon it does not show abilities in that set of information. So I'm wondering if there's a time to see the ability before hatching (if this is already known, I never knew). It was a Lax heracross if anyone cared.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)