2011-12 Football/Soccer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

HBK

Subtlety is my middle name
Come on this is our only realistic chance of silverware.We have to win this.

i mean i know they had a 4-0 advantage but you wouldve thought milan would at least have had the courtesy to show up... i have no clue what they're doing, halfassedly parking the bus without playing good defense? I predict arsenal score a 3rd early in the 2nd half, things look really crazy for a little while, then milan scores a goal midway through and the game dies 3-1, arguably as good as arsenal ever could have realistically hoped for (a morale boosting victory rather than progression)

Fucking unreal. AC Milan either haven't turned up or they're getting assraped so bad by Arsenal's movement that they don't know East from West. Van Persie so beast blasting that penalty into the top corner, Rosicky looks like hes going to eat someone alive, even Walcott looks like he has a footballing brain. I know I sound high right now but seriously what a match. So far so good!

HBK

Not surprised with the scoreline at half time.I really don't want this to go down to penalties.Di matteo,pleease sub Torres and bring Sturridge on and end all chelsea fans' misery.

Cooky

Banned deucer.
3-0 GO ARSENAL COME ON

AAAAA so tense

god AC are such cunts lets just pass the ball for an hour and not do shit

ahhh

in the end good effort, if only Chamberlain could have lasted longer I'm sure we could have won.

RVP....I both want and dont want to blame him. Dont know what to think anymore.

First half was honestly the fastest and most concentrated onslaught I've seen this entire season from us, but keeping it up was always a hard ask.

back to the league then.

No way can they be down after this match. No way in hell. It was an admirable performance and we did exactly what we set out to do.. play like there was nothing to lose. Although it's a shame we couldn't have played strong in the first leg..

Really thought the second half could have been a lot stronger from us and we could have won it.. but damn.. I love Arsenal. Do not give a shit about what anyone says, can't knock the spirit down.

And there is no reason to blame RVP at all. In Wenger I Trust.

I can't say I was disappointed with that performance and really 4-3 was probably more than we could've hoped for but you can't help but think what could've been :(

I agree with the pundits in that Arsenal didn't have the firepower on the bench to change things, Chamberlain and Walcott for Chamakh and Park just isn't good enough. We need players as good as Chamberlain and Walcott coming from the bench to replace them, fighting for places in the team. I really hope Wenger strenghtens with a top class winger and forward in the summer because when Wilshere gets back there will be competition for all places and hopefully Arsenal can be really strong next season. Great match tonight!

HBK

Hopefully this is a sign of an improvement in our performance.Should win all our matches from now on if we want to qualify.I agree that beating a championship side isn't the biggest achievement but when you've gone 12 games with just 3 wins you learn to appreciate 'em ;_;

Now we have to concentrate on overturning our 2 goal deficit.Luckily,we have 1 away goal so we just need to score 2 and keep a clean sheet to win.I'm sure our defence will be solid,JT might even be fit for the game but scoring 2 goals is probably too much to ask of our strikers >_< and we'll probably have to depend on goals from our wingers or midfielders.

Oh dear, that Barcelona match was painful to watch. I stopped just after they got the 6th goal because it was just getting a bit embarrassing. There's only Chelsea left in the CL out of English teams so I'll probably be tuning in next week and cheering them on (maybe) cos I usually do that for the last English teams apart from Man U who I will forever be bitter about cos they're so jammy and pay off the referees all the time the jammy pricks /rant.

eeeditttt: Podolski signed for Arsenal

Happy news if it's the quality forward/winger we had all been hoping for. Very bad news if he's the replacement for Van Persie. Very very bad news in fact. Squeeky bum time for the rest of the season and summer until we find out!

Trading Walcott for Hazard possibly? I would like that.

EDIT: I don't literally mean trade, I just mean replace.

good that we're doing business early, especially with the Euros coming up. Still not convinced by Podolski, feels like another Reyes to me really, but it's worth a gamble.

And fucking hell can we stop just thinking he's a good winger. When played out wide he's a left footed Walcott with a better shot. Good on the counter, but no good against a deep line. Fine if we want a wide forward with a solid finish, but put him in with Walcott as the wingers and we are gonna have no penetration whatsoever.

He'll make a good squad player, not a regular though.

Well I've only ever watched Podolski at internationals and Germany does have a vicious counter-attack so I've always seen him destroying teams with pace and a rocket of a shot, hence why I only know him as a winger. I've no idea how he performs domestically but having him would be better than not having him I'd imagine at least for the competition for places. Also I trust Wenger enough with transfer dealings that I don't really have too many doubts. We've had more Songs and Koscielnys than Arshavins that's for sure. (ie players who appeared hopeless at first but were secretly awesome than players that appeared awesome but were hopeless)

HBK

Lol Mancini says he'd like to sign Van persie in the summer.I really hope that does not happen.

Podolski will be fine completely different level to Reyes and he is better then Walcott, the only reason he is seen as a dissapointment is because he had a massive amount of hype to begin with.

This is still the guy who was supposed to be the next world class german forward and was the 2nd best young player(only behind Ronaldo) at the World Cup 06. 90% of Arsenal's current team wouldn't have made it at Bayern or done as well he has.

He is pretty injury prone that is Arsenal's biggest problem with him, in return they have a player that is better then any attacking player they already have outside of Van Persie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)