2011-12 Football/Soccer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL John Terry.

Also I would laugh if Capello got appointed! Personally I think Chelsea should go with a real manager who can shut those overpaid prima donas up: Mick McCarthy!

HBK

Subtlety is my middle name
Even if you guys are right it's very unlikely to happen.You know Roman;he wants big names associated with big clubs.The last thing he's gonna do is sign the Ex-manager of a club in the relegation battle.

GG Spurs

Whilst RA is throwing his toys out of the pram yet again, you do have to admit that without him Chelsea would be in the same position as Portsmouth probably.
imho He should've just paid off the contracts of the big ego players and given AVB a clean slate with players who respect him who he signed and then let the renaissance begin. Far cheaper.

Megson for Chelsea? ^^

I think Mourinho ends up back at Chelsea in the summer, pretty much already taken Madrid past Barcelona and won the league, basically what he wanted to do and he never stays anywhere too long either.

Except he won't have Ronaldo to carry Chelsea to the league title, as many refs or teams willing to be obviously paid off or be in a league where 3/4 of the teams are among the level of Blackburn.

Mick McCarthy should never be out of a job. Guardiola is more likely to take a complete break from football after the Barca job than go onto some bit part top 10 prem team. He's got a bad back, carrying Chelsea for a season isn't going to do it any good.

SHOLA 4 ENGLAND CAPTAIN

Guardiola probably has a billion better things to do then have a short term job in london :P
benitez is favourate to replace... enjoy :P

if that was any other match.. there would have been 6 red cards, finally a decent game with decent hard tackling :P
and mick ashley adds even more sports direct advertising. surprised he hasn't coloured the flaming pitch and kits yet :P

and united play shockingly bad an win 3-1. need more of those goals from young, at least 3 at the etihad please.
although looking at the fixtures, citys easy run at the start is now going to bite them on the arse
swansea (a) - liberty stadium is defo a banana skin
chelsea - (H) - god knows which chelsea will turn up.
stoke (A) - brittania stadium - see liberty stadium
sunderland (H) - winnable but sunderland are capable :P
arsenal (A) - arsenal still on from will easily mean city drop 2 or 3 points
west brom (H) - should win
norwich (a) - see liberty stadium :P
wolves (a) see where they are
united (H) the decider(or not) revenge will be sought
newcastle (A) at the sports direct - again who knows :P
QPR (H) erm yea... easy unless they need the points

Now for uniteds
West Brom (H) should be an easy win as above really
wolves (A) see above, wolves have blackburn and bolton around this period so wil lnot be focusing on points here, still have to be careful
Fulham (H) should win
blackburn (A) should win
QPR (H) should win
Wigan (A) its wigan ffs... should win
villa (H) - villa will probably park the bus should win
everton (H) - should win that as it is not at goodison
city (A) - hopefully the away from will be the winner here. see how citys nerve hold out
swansea (H) - should be a win, swanseas away from isn't that good
sunderland (A) - not the best game to have to have if title was to be decided

going to be points dropped, city have 4 tough away trips, (swansea, norwich,stoke and arsenal) united have the far better run in to the finish, wolves and blackburn are not too late in the run so less pressure on them to perform against united. everton are always a problem, but lack goals, villa going to be a pain to break down. west brom - depends on which west brom turns up (the one that scores or the one that gets thrashed).
only issues united could have are city and sunderland and complacency against the like of blackburn QPR wigan and wolves.

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
i've gotta side with phalanx here, Man Utd are still favorites in my eyes. they do have the easier run in (i mean, there next six games are WBA, Wolves, Fulham, Blackburn, QPR and Wigan and during that same time period City need to play both Chelsea and Arsenal) but more importantly, United know what it takes to win the league and, to me, City have always looked like they'll choke when it matters most. predicting a blood and guts match at Eastlands with Man Utd edging it and winning the league by some 5~ points by the time everything is said and done.

HBK

You can't write a team off just because they haven't done it before.By that definition they'll never win the title just coz they'll slip up every season due to lack of experience.There's a first time for everything.I never denied the fact that United have a chance to win the title,i just said i'd barf if they do.

Also it's pretty funny how you predict United to win at Eastlands after the 6-1 and considering City's superb home form;it's more of a question of 'by how much?' rather than 'who wins?'

^certainly not in the league though and certainly not 6-1.

We know City can come up big when they need to (FA cup winners anyone?) and there's plenty of experience in the Toures, De Jong, Agüero etc. and I thought the whole idea of keeping Viera around and bringing in Pizzaro was to bolster experience at least. Sure, they haven't won the title before, but they're doing all the right moves to the best they can in the experience department and have a nice conveyor belt of young and old talent moving. If they don't win the title this year then they should certainly have at least one within the next 5 or so years imho. They're just improving at too great a rate to be a flash in the pan and at some point they'll win big.

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
HBK said:
trust a chelsea fan to put their faith in the side with the most money ;(

oh and http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/sport/football/lma-chelsea-are-an-embarrassment-7537270.html

Chelsea are an “embarrassment” after sacking Andre Villas-Boas just eight months into his reign, the chief executive of the League Managers’ Association said today.

“Looking for what is an eighth manager in nine years is a serious embarrassment to the owner, the club, the fans and the Premier League. If you want success you must look at the longer term.”
hear hear

They clearly do not want to line their pockets when they spend £40mil on a short term manager when a 'big' club typically gets in only £50 - £100mil total revenue every year. It is a toy to these guys, their real life Football Manager game. Once they lose interest all these clubs would have to break their necks trying to stay out of administration.

no roman doesnt, but some other owners are like liverpools old owners and the glazers.
but yea, man city and chelsea are the first option, toys, and the exact thing of them losing interest and ruining the clubs is not fair on the fans when they do lose interest, but nor are leaching owners.

HBK

I'm not predicting City only coz they have more money lol >_> iI'm just using my brains.United's victory at Eastlands in the FA cup was based on a rare mistake from the otherwise excellent Kompany and the(again,rare) absence of Toure from the starting lineup.

There's just something about Champions League nights that always gets the excitement levels jumping. Van Persie, Gervinho, Walcott, Chamberlain and Rosicky with Song holding the boat together in midfield tonight; can't say I'm expecting anything but you've got to be optimistic amirite? 5 goals in 27 mins would be very nice indeed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)