Zygarde Discussion

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Zygarde 10% forme
Dragon/Ground
Abilities: Power Construct / Power Construct / Power Construct or Aura Break (Two different versions of Zygarde 10%, one with Power Construct one with Aura Break)
HP: 54
Atk: 100
Def: 71
SpAtk: 61
SpDef: 85
Spe: 115

Zygarde Complete forme
Dragon/Ground
Abilities: Power Construct / Power Construct / Power Construct
HP: 216
Atk: 100
Def: 121
SpAtk: 91
SpDef: 95
Spe: 85

Level Up

L1 - Glare
L1 - Bulldoze
L1 - Dragon Breath
L1 - Bite
L5 - Safeguard
L10 - Dig
L18 - Bind
L26 - Land’s Wrath
L35 - Sandstorm
L44 - Haze
L51 - Crunch
L55 - Earthquake
L59 - Camouflage
L63 - Dragon Pulse
L72 - Coil
L80 - Outrage

TMs

TM06 - Toxic
TM10 - Hidden Power
TM11 - Sunny Day
TM15 - Hyper Beam
TM17 - Protect
TM20 - Safeguard
TM21 - Frustration
TM26 - Earthquake
TM27 - Return
TM31 - Brick Break
TM32 - Double Team
TM34 - Sludge Wave
TM37 - Sandstorm
TM42 - Facade
TM44 - Rest
TM48 - Round
TM52 - Focus Blast
TM68 - Giga Impact
TM71 - Stone Edge
TM78 - Bulldoze
TM80 - Rock Slide
TM82 - Dragon Tail
TM86 - Grass Knot
TM87 - Swagger
TM88 - Sleep Talk
TM90 - Substitute
TM100 - Confide

Tutor

Draco Meteor
Core Enforcer
Thousand Arrows
Thousand Waves
Dragon Dance
Extreme Speed

New Ability
Power Construct: Other Cells gather to aid when its HP becomes half or less. Then the Pokémon changes its form to Complete Forme.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pyritie

TAMAGO
is an Artist
Can I be first to say that I'm completely disappointed by 100% forme? Those stats are awful considering you have to lose half your HP in zydog form to even trigger it, and for something that's supposed to be this terrifying defender of ecosystems, I can't see it doing much with those mediocre stats.

Sylveon.

Penny saved is still a fucking penny
Yeah, though it is hella tanky in complete form, but this thing still sucks. We all expected it to have cool offensive stats or be a superior garchomp, but just to use it you pretty much have to lose 50% of zygarde-50 which sucks.
Only way it could be used is I guess, a coil/rest/thousand arrows/sleep talk set which is kinda meh, also it is stuck with that shitty ability in power construct. :/
Seriously after all the hype, this is what we get.
That dog form is going to be NU I guess.

I'm just happy dragon doggo won't be banned to ubers.

So, I guess 10% form can't have Aura Break after all... I do still want to know exactly how the Zygarde Cube works, though. Is it possible to have 50% form with Power Construct?

Kalalokki

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris an Artistis a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris an Administrator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Sprite Leader
Since the 10% can only have Power Construct, we lost any chance of using the forms in different tiers which is a bummer to me. The complete form is basically 50% Zygarde with less speed, more spa and a giant HP stat. It also lost DD AND Extremespeed now so a bulky set is all it got going for it but I seriously doubt anyone is able to use this thing to its full potential. I feel like it's a slightly better Darmanitan-Z but still not the Ubers god we wanted.

Also, Thousand moves being event only or what?

Edit: Since the 10% can have Aura Break I guess we will have a speedy Dragon/Ground mon running around in the lower tiers, will be interesting to see what it will do.

Last edited:
lol, how the fuck is 216 base HP disappointing.

252+ Atk Choice Band Teravolt Kyurem-B Outrage vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Zygarde: 498-588 (78.3 - 92.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

This thing is not dying to anything short of a STAB Ice Beam.

If it can live a super-effective CB Adamant Outrage from Kyrurem-B, it is most definitely fit to defend an ecosystem.

Sylveon.

Penny saved is still a fucking penny
Since it can transform into Complete Zygarde, I think they're forced to share tier placement.
Wait, the dog thing transforms into complete form too. Lol, we are going to have a meleotta-p/zen-darm syndrome here.

Kalalokki

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris an Artistis a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris an Administrator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Sprite Leader
lol, how the fuck is 216 HP disappointing.

252+ Atk Choice Band Teravolt Kyurem-B Outrage vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Zygarde: 498-588 (78.3 - 92.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

This thing is not dying to anything short of a STAB Ice Beam.
Yeah but it still doesn't have reliable recovery, its support moves are limited to parashuffling with Glare and D-Tail and any offensive set should be able to be reliably revenged since no priority or speedboosting anymore. Also Zygarde has to transform in to its complete form until it can tank Kyu-B hits at which point it won't be at full HP.

The big problem is gonna be on how to reliably get in to Power Construct range, I assume Sub Coil strats are in order to pull something like that off against slower opponents.

Yeah but it still doesn't have reliable recovery, its support moves are limited to parashuffling with Glare and D-Tail and any offensive set should be able to be reliably revenged since no priority or speedboosting anymore. Also Zygarde has to transform in to its complete form until it can tank Kyu-B hits at which point it won't be at full HP.

The big problem is gonna be on how to reliably get in to Power Construct range, I assume Sub Coil strats are in order to pull something like that off against slower opponents.
Oh shit, I thought Zygarde had Roost for some reason.

Party's over.

Actually, its max HP changes. So the damage taken as 10% carries over, but it gains all the remaining HP.

Don't know exact stats but if 10% has 200 HP and 100% has 400 HP, then when 10% hits 100 HP, it will transform and gain 200 HP. After transforming, it will have 300/400 HP.

Since the 10% can only have Power Construct, we lost any chance of using the forms in different tiers which is a bummer to me. The complete form is basically 50% Zygarde with less speed, more spa and a giant HP stat. It also lost DD AND Extremespeed now so a bulky set is all it got going for it but I seriously doubt anyone is able to use this thing to its full potential. I feel like it's a slightly better Darmanitan-Z but still not the Ubers god we wanted.

Also, Thousand moves being event only or what?

Edit: Since the 10% can have Aura Break I guess we will have a speedy Dragon/Ground mon running around in the lower tiers, will be interesting to see what it will do.
Thousand Waves and Thousand Arrows are taught by the cube, somehow. It's in the item description.

I think SubCoil will be the best set, mainly because sub allows Zydog to become its 100% form easily. Then you can sweep with Earthquake and Outrage, Dragon Tail or Stone Edge. We all thought that this would be an ubers or ag staple but maybe not, it's pretty mediocre. Also, don't count on Aura Break Zydog being tiered separately from the Power Construct version....

Looking through the data dump (https://paste.ee/r/zYMUr), it should be possible to get a 50% Zygarde with the Power Construct ability. However, Extremespeed has indeed disappeared from its learned move list, and some of the text from the story data dump implies that Power Construct can only exist on Gen 7 Zygardes (i.e. you can't trade a Zygarde from XY with Extremespeed and somehow get the Construct ability).

Also when Zygarde enters Complete Forme it should acquire the move Core Enforcer but I'm not sure how that works (maybe it temporarily replaces Zygarde's current Thousand move?)

For reference, it's a 100 BP 100% Acc Special Dragon move, "If the Pokémon the user has inflicted damage on have already used their moves, this move eliminates\nthe effect of the target’s Ability."

The only good set I can think of for Complete Zygarde is a bulky(ier) SubCoil set. Even then, it still might not be that good. (Note: this is all just assuming you can use it without having it as Doggarde first. If not, I've got nothing.)
Zygarde-Complete @ Leftovers
Ability: Power Construct
EVs: 200 HP/56 Def/252 SpD
Careful Nature
-Coil
-Substitute
-Dragon Tail
-Earthquake

ehm
Super Zygarde is op as hell with Healing Wish/Lunar Dance support with those stats etc. The only problem is getting to the form. If it would be easily manageable, well...

This is messy, can somebody clarify the tiering situation here? Aura Break Zygarde 10% should be usable for the lower tiers, right? It seems like it'll be pretty decent actually. Then will Aura Break Zygarde 50% be tiered separately from Power Construct Zygarde?

Is Power Construct available only to Zygarde 10% as the form in which it enters the battle?

erisia

Innovative new design!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Just for reference, assuming Zygarde doesn't run any HP EVs (why would you? it's a drop in the ocean for the 100% forme and it's pointless and detrimental on the 10% forme), Zygarde-Complete will have somewhere between 323-448 HP if Zygarde 10% lives the hit. Zygarde 50% has 357 HP EVs without any HP EVs. So Focus Sash Zygarde 10% could basically tank a hit and set up or use an attack for free, and then essentially still be as bulky as a regular Zygarde. Not to mention Zygarde 10%'s Attack and Speed stats are actually pretty good to begin with (you can force things out with Thousand Arrows easily in the early game). I don't think this will be Ubers but you guys are seriously underselling this imo.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)