Project What's His Last? V4 (Round 24 Voting Phase: Semi-Stall)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reserving Conk

Conkeldurr @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Mach Punch
- Ice Punch
- Thunder Punch
- Poison Jab

Ok, so looking at the squad, it struggled to break bulky waters such as suicune + slowbro which cld stop a possible zardx sweep. Also the team struggled a lot v bisharp. PJab is there for fairies b/c fuck clef. Still kinda weak to serp but mach can revenge if its low + klefki can twave. Cool team littlelucario but id go with Recover>Roost on Lati b/c the animation is better c:​

Last edited:
Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Heart Stamp
- Healing Wish

I really dislike how weak this team is to Serperior, Adamant Mega Lop and Timid Mega Gard so I added Scarf Jirachi as a blanket check to these Pokemon while also being able to form a Volt-Turn core with Rotom-W. Plus, it adds some Speed to the team so Klefki doesn't get pressured to Thunder Wave so much.

Serperior is the main threat to this team, and pretending the last member isnt Talonflame or Torn-T, I'm going to go with Togekiss. I also picked Togekiss because it checks (the less common) Mega Garchomp, which could be a problem to the team. I also feel like Togekiss could help Charizard by breaking down some physical walls with Nasty Plot, like Lando-T.

Togekiss @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 76 Def / 4 SpD / 176 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Air Slash
- Thunder Wave
- Roost

Phantom Me

Banned deucer.

Serperior @ Life Orb
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power Fire
- Giga Drain
Azumarill is a big threat to the team.You also need to have a check to bulky water types.Serperior solves this problem.Also,its a powerful special wallbreaker with out any special attack drops.

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Sorry for not posting this earlier, I've been really busy with school lately. If someone wants to co-host the thread, that would be nice :]

Voting Poll

Keldeo, Iloveleague
Talonflame, Thatwackycruton
Breloom, Infernal
Conkeldurr, Skarmx2
Jirachi, Random Passerby
Togekiss, Superninjadillo
Serperior, Phantom me

voting will end on wednesday, then we will return to our regular schedule hopefully.

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I'm extending voting to monday and submission phase to thursday because of the lack of voting.

Aragorn the King

Literally a duck
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus

makes it really kabutops/omastar weak at the cost of fixing the serp weakness and adding an offensive check to kingdra

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
Votes

Talonflame, Thatwackycruton: 2
Conkeldurr, Skarmx2: 2
Jirachi, Random Passerby: 1
Togekiss, superninjadillo: 2

There is a three way tie for first place, so I have chosen the following winner

Sorry to the runner ups :[. Next team will be posted soon.

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!

Lopunny-Mega @ Lopunnite
Ability: Scrappy
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Return
- Fake Out
- Ice Punch/Baton Pass

Hoopa-Unbound @ Choice Specs
Ability: Magician
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Thunderbolt/Hyperspace Hole/Hidden Power Ice

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 8 SpD / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

Latios @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Draco Meteor
- Defog
- Roost
This is a pretty solid offensive squad that I built around the core of hoopa-u+lop. Rotom-w and lando-t are slow, bulky pivots that can provide hoopa u safe switch ins and allow it to do some major damage to both offense and stall. Lop can run baton pass since hoopa snaps most mlop counters in half like a fucking twig lol. If you are running bp on lop over the more standard ice punch, consider running hp ice as the coverage move on hoopster for smacking incoming garchomps and landos. Lando is the rocker and mandatory zardx check on offense, Latios is the hazard removal, lop is the anti-offense pokemon/fast cleaner, hoopa-u is my counter to most fat shit, rotom-w is a fat pivot that can spread around burns and this is generally a really solid team. Obviously it struggles with some things like switching into fairies, but it is still really solid.

But... What's his Last?

Deadline for submissions is Wednesday

I think that the last member could be Jirachi because it is a good switchin to dragon/fairy. I believe every team should have some sort of Draco/Hyper Voice Swithin. Jirachi also provides good momentum and healing wish support to further support Hoopa's unbreaking capabilities. Scarf Rachi is also a good form of speed control vs. Alakzam which can prove to be a threat when paired with hazard stacking.

Last edited:
Gotta recommend good 'ole ScarfTran for this team. A bit gimmicky, but it does what the team wants it to.

Heatran @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 28 Hp/ 252 SpA / 228 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast/Overheat
- Flash Cannon
- Earth Power
- Ancientpower/Hidden Power [grass]

Standard ScarfTran, it kills those pesky fairies with no problems whatsoever, as well as outrunning some things that may or may not give your team problems. Bops Mega Diancie with ease, seeing as how three of five of your team cannot switch in safely, and the other two don't really want to take repeated Moonblasts. Also doubles as an Ice resist, seeing as how you only have one reliable switchin to repeated Ice attacks. Fireblast/Overheat is mostly your choice of hitting things harder on switches/revenging more easily and consistency. HP grass and Ancientpower are again another choice between Talonflame and a variety of Waters.

Last edited:

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
Not much to say, it traps those pesky steel types (particularly Scizor who is troublesome for this team) and adds a nice semi-speedy volt switch user.
Can you please add a tad bit more description? Mag more than just you mentioned for the team and some additional clarification on this would be nice.

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
What else is there to say? You add magnezone to trap steels and grab momentum
Magnezone actually offers quite a bit for the rest of the team aside from trapping steels. Mag fits along with the volturn theme of the team, being able to generate lots of free switch ins for hoopa due to the many switch ins that it may cause. Not only that, but it can be a late game wincon/sweeper when equipped with a choice scarf with the ability to clean up some weakened teams, which is nice since this team doesn't have a scarfer and its only priority move is fake out. Additionally, mag provides a solid fairy check for the team, which is important since the team has no fairy resists. Also, it provides a solid lati check as the team has no lati switch in which is really nice.

This may be a tad excessive, but points like that should've been brought up^^^

Phantom Me

Banned deucer.

Talonflame @ Sharp Beak
Ability: Gale Wings
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Swords Dance
- Roost
I'm suggesting the smogbird here because this team is devasted by zard-y,and you may call for rotom-w, but it cannot ko zard-y with its stab,and is 2hkoed by solar beam.Even latios cannot switch in it directly because it is 2hkoed by fire blast in sun,and cannot ko it in return.Also,the team lacks and winning condition. Talonflame solves this problem,has good synergy with teammates,since latios gives it hazard removal, and the other members killing it's checks,lando and rotom-w bringing it in the fight safely too.Also,it also kills scarfer,fast attackers and revenge killers.

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!

I think that the last member could be Jirachi because it is a good switchin to dragon/fairy. I believe every team should have some sort of Draco/Hyper Voice Swithin. Jirachi also provides good momentum and healing wish support to further support Hoopa's unbreaking capabilities. Scarf Rachi is also a good form of speed control vs. Alakzam which can prove to be a threat when paired with hazard stacking.
can you please provide an import of the set?

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Ice Punch
- Healing Wish

I rescind my Magnezone post to offer up a mon that I feel would help this team in a much more focused way. I would instead recommend...

Magneton @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power Fire

I know what you're thinking. "Why would I use a frailer mon that does the same role as its bulkier and more powerful fully evolved form?" And while Magneton is more frail than its one-eyed older brother, it has one important characteristic that makes it more useful, it's speed. Magneton is able to outspeed several crucial threats Magnezone can not. Among these are Diancie, Tornadus, and Weavile. Also, even after the power drop, Magneton still secures the same OHKO and 2KO's that Zone does. However all of this does come at a cost, as Magneton cannot switch into even resisted hits more than a few times. But considering that both Landorus and Rotom can safely bring it in through Volt-Turn.

Overall, I think that Magneton is an excellent choice for the team as it can trap and remove several steel types that would otherwise trouble the team.

-edit-

Tfw you put Diancie instead of Starmie

Last edited:
Reserving Skarmory
How fitting lol

Skarmory @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 244 SpD / 16 Spe
Careful Nature
- Iron Head
- Spikes
- Whirlwind
- Roost

Team struggles v Clef, no Lati Switch in, Bisharp (once Lop get low +2 sucker can kill it it and it gets a free SD on Hoopa depending on what its locked into and Lati) and Offensive Mega Scizor (SD + 3 Attacks). Being able set up spikes is just an added bonus. One thing to note would be that Chomp>Lando-T on the team seeing as how it helps with Bisharp more we already have Rotom-W + Skarm to counter sand, although you do lose U-Turn.

Also, some minor nitpicks on Talonflame and Heatran. I think that a max speed Heatran would be much more benefical to this team than ScarfTran as it can deal with Clef, Mega Scizor and Latis better. Also a bulky talonflame set with SD over offensive SD can help with bisharp, clef (if it's not running Thunderbolt and even then im pretty sure it needs +2) and also gives the team a wincon.

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Lava Plume/Magma Storm
- Toxic/Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt
- Earth Power

Talonflame
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 248 HP / 244 SpD / 16 Spe
Careful Nature
- Swords Dance
- Will-O-Wisp
- Acrobatics
- Roost

Last edited:
Reactions: TPP
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)