Project What's His Last? V4 (Round 24 Voting Phase: Semi-Stall)

Status
Not open for further replies.
sorry missed deadline, went out camping and had no net :(

Congrats to Infernal and the submission of Amoonguss. Twice in a row now *-* youll be added to the OP as soon i contact Team Pokepals or littlelucario :)
Feel free to PM me or shoot me a message on smogon if youd like me to feature your squad in the next round with a description.
W18 Team up soon o.O

Reactions: TPP
PDC's Balance Template ft...

So basically i was kinda pressed for time so i just grabbed this sitting around in my teambuilder. Tang + Heatran form a very nice core, complimenting each others weakness rather well. Phys Def Tang has blown up lately and for good reason; it tanks hits from Mega Lopunny, Garchomp, Lando-T and Azu among many. Heatran is the rocker and is running max speed to help deal with Offensive Mega Scizor + Mega Heracross, both of which give Tangrowth issues. Mega Latias provides a water resist as well as helping deal with Keldeo and Manaphy, both whom pose a huge threat to the team. Scarf Lando-T is used as a form of speed control and U-Turn allows it to bring Terrakion safely in on bulkier mons. Band Terrakion is the breaker and absolutely murks teams considering their rock resist is often a defensive Lando-T too bad Edge never hits lol... SD Hp Ice Terrakion can also be considered on this team. Now what's his last?

Tangrowth @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Sleep Powder
- Giga Drain
- Knock Off
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Stealth Rock
- Lava Plume
- Toxic
- Taunt

Latias-Mega @ Latiasite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Recover

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 24 Def / 232 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Knock Off

Terrakion @ Choice Band
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Iron Head
- Quick Attack

Have fun posting :D

Last edited:
Slowbro tbh. He can not only tank most Physical Hits for you, but a nice Calm Minder and with Fire Blast/Psyshock Coverage. That or Suicune. Volcanion or Manaphy too.
My point is a nice Water type is super cool, especially those that tank hits and be a set up wincon or a balancebreaker.
But in this case, CM Slowbro CM Suicune or CM Manaphy can do that job well.

But if I really have to pick, it'd be CM Slowbro with Regen core with Tangrowth.

Slowbro @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 224 Def / 32 SpD
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Fire Blast
- Scald
- Slack Off

Last edited:
Keldeo @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power [Electric]

Standard Pokemon, standard set, good wallbreaking ability to wear things down for Terrakion (some kinda mini fighting core here too rofl), checks things like Weavile as well because huge Ice weakness, didn't want to go RestTalk here (you also have CB QA Terrakion so I guess you can sorta check that after Keldeo gets worn down + Terrakion beats Bisharp so I didn't see it as necessary).

Last edited:
Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 SpD
Calm Nature
- Calm Mind
- Soft-Boiled
- Moonblast
- Thunder Wave

Clefable forms a very nice partner for this team because it provides the team with a reliable Kyurem-B and Weavile switch-in while also completing the FDS core with Heatran and Mega Latias, both of whom help to check its counters such as Gliscor and opposing Clefable. Thunder Wave is used in the last slot to cripple fast Pokemon which threatens this team like Mega Alakazam, Scarf Jirachi and Tornadus-T. Plus, it's a good answer to Mega Sableye.

Last edited:

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Thread title updated and tp edited the archive anyways, but skarmx2 has done a great job co-hosting the thread while school has been a dick and smogon should give him a gold star kek. I'll prolly post next week's team and count up the votes when I remember to.

So this team looks pretty weak to Kyurem-B, Weavile, SD Gliscor, and the lesser used Crawdaunt. It also lacks a wincon. I think Belly Drum Azumarill would be a good choice for the last slot, forming a good offensive core with Terrakion.

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 92 HP / 252 Atk / 184 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Knock Off

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Voting Time is Up!!!! (bc ill forget if i dont do it rn)

Votes
Specs Keldeo, yuruuu: 5 Votes
CM MG Clefable, Random Passerby: 1 Vote
Belly Drum Azumarill, superninjadillo: 2 Votes

Specs Keld from yuruuu has won!!! next team will be up in the next few minutes hopefully while HOF and title are updated.

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!

With Volcanion+pursuit running around everywhere, I wanted to try out a colbur berry jellicent spikes stacking team and it ended up looking really solid. Jellicent was added as the first mon, being a really solid volcanion switch in with both water absorb and a useful water typing to resist fire blast while also being able to burn common pursuit trappers with colbur berry+wisp that would otherwise threaten jellicent a lot more. Skarmory was added afterwards since I wanted more of a balanced hazard stacking build and having a flying immunity to check ground types and phase out shit that the team didn't like was really nice, and I could always change it to ferro in the long run if need be. Next, Hippowdon was added as a rocker to finish out the hazard stacking core, check common threats to balance like dd zardx and talonfalame, and be an electric sponge since I already had 2 electric-weak mons. After hippo, excadrill was immediately added since I wanted a spinner (i despise spikes+defog) and a mon to check faster mons that threatened the team while also being a solid cleaner vs offense. Clefable was added since it's a fat piece of shit and can really help out by dealing with the lati twins, the main defoggers on offense. It was also added to deal with msab, who basically walled the entire team as well as kyurem-b who could click ice beam and fusion bolt a few times and run through my team. This is a really solid build so, but it is still weak to a few mons that the last mon needs to help with.
Jellicent @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Calm Nature
- Hex
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Scald

Skarmory @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Iron Head
- Spikes
- Roost
- Whirlwind

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Def / 112 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Slack Off

Excadrill @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 SpD
Calm Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Thunder Wave

This is the current team but... what's his last?

[1:30:04 PM] Aldo: CALM MIND MEGA LATIOS
[1:30:07 PM] yuruuu: aldo pls
[1:30:16 PM] Aldo: NOW IS THE MOMENT

Latios @ Latiosite (is that how you spell it?)
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Calm Mind
- Roost

Your team basically has zero for breaking a proper stall team. CM Mega Latios helps with that, as well as help with like ...I don't know. While Jellicent counters Keldeo I do not like having only one check. Mega Venusaur is also looking like it will 6-0 you right here. Your team also needs some offensive presence that doesn't require you to sacrifice Hippowdon to get up. Double CM core here, so you can beat things like Amoonguss too. etcetc.

Actually I just thought your team could use a Psychic / Dragon type so it was an easy choice. Use Mega Latias.

[1:35:51 PM] AM: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-ou-137095
replay completely unrelated.

Last edited:
Following in yuruuu 's idea (I think CM Mlatios looks like a good fit, tbh):

Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Mild Nature
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Fusion Bolt
- Roost
walls won't be getting in your way any more with this monster! It fits nicely
in this bulky team, checking mega venusaur and amoonguss and smashing many other notable threats.

lol so this team's counter to serp is excadrill

Tornadus-Therian (M) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Hurricane
- Heat Wave
- U-turn/ Knock Off/ Focus Blast

Like others have stated, this team is really weak to stall as well as stuff like Mega Venu. LO Torn helps with Serp, deals with grasses in general, and taunts the hell out of stall. Hurricane also hits Medicham which otherwise would be a problem. Heat wave beats Ferrothorn and Scizor which wall the entire team. The last move is sort of a toss up in the air. U-turn lets Torn be a great pivot, Knock off hits chansey so Exca can kill it later, and Focus Blast hits Ttar. tbh still a really passive and slow team, but torn sorta helps with that.

Last edited:

Infernal

Banned deucer.

Charizard @ Charizardite X
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 248 HP / 100 SpD / 160 Spe
Careful Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Flare Blitz
- Roost
- Dragon Claw / Earthquake

Mega Latias is probably the ideal final member, but here's something anyway! Zard-X provides a few interesting things. For starters, despite running a more defensively oriented set, Zard-X still sports a good deal of the offensive presence this team would appreciate. Furthermore, it's able to help with troublesome threats like Zard-Y, who messes with your sand and looks very threatening overall. To add, Zard-X pressures a few annoying grasses for this team, such as Mega Venu, Loom, and Serp lacking Dragon Pulse. Zard-X also provides a tool versus defensive Pokemon like Skarm and Mew. Currently, Skarm can Spike pretty freely on every member bar Jelli, while Mew can essentially lead turn 1 and give this team a headache from the get-go. With Zard-X on the team, this all becomes less of an issue.

This all aside, Zard-X does a nice job spreading burns, which is nice with residual damage like sand and hazards on your side. This is also useful to cripple grounds like Lando-T, something Exca will love. Having Pokemon like Lando-T burned makes life easier with wearing down the opposing team's SR setter, helping with the hazard removal game in the long run. Zard-X's ability to burn defensive waters like Slowbro is another way Exca benefits. If running EQ, Zard-X can also potentially lure and eliminate Tran for members like Clef. This is helpful because although the team has a few ways to threaten Tran, nothing really likes switching in between the threat of Toxic, Lava Plume burns, and Taunt. Dragon Claw is the main choice to reliably damage Zard-Y, and to give hazard removers like Latios fewer chances to freely Defog your Spikes. It's also useful to threaten Rotom-W better, which is helpful because this Pokemon is pesky for every member bar Clefable.

To round things off, Zard-X gives this team some additional ways to check Pokemon like Bisharp, Mega Scizor, and Thund-I. The checks on a team like this have a tendency to get overwhelmed in practice, so having some backup measures can definitely be useful. Downsides to Zard-X include having its success hinging on how well SR can be prevented, and being unable to provide an additional check to offensive waters Keldeo and Manaphy unlike Mega Latias.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)