ORAS UU Uptown Funk

Ununhexium

I closed my eyes and I slipped away...
is a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus

INTRODUCTION + TEAMBUILDING

Hi everyone!! It's been a while since I last made an RMT, so I've decided I'll show off a team I've been playing with a little bit recently. Though I haven't really done anything significant with it, I think it would be solid enough to showcase here. This team I decided to build around Hone Claws Mega Aerodactyl with two STAB moves instead of coverage like Aqua Tail. I figured Aerodactyl hates two things: bulky Water-types and anything Steel-type (at least I don't need to deal with Jirachi lol). Naturally, the answer is Choice Band Heracross who has Close Combat to deal with any Steel-type and fucks over basically every bulky Water-type except something random like Pelipper unless its running Stone Edge. Next, I didn't want Hippowdon to be a pain and anybody who knows me knows I really, really, really, don't like Fire-types, so I added Substitute + Calm Mind Suicune with maximum HP and some Defense investment instead of Special Attack because I really don't like Fire-types and I want to be able to set up on things like Blissey (even though this team has two Fighting-types), Forretress, and Hippowdon where Suicune's Substitutes can usually survive an Earthquake. Next I added Crobat because I like Crobat and Aerodactyl likes not having Stealth Rock on my side of the field. After that I added Mienshao because I like Choice Scarf Mienshao because it outspeeds most other Choice Scarf users, is good at cleaning with High Jump Miss, and I refuse to use any Choice Scarf user without U-turn with very few exceptions. After that, I wanted Stealth Rocks and a decently hard hitter, so I added Black Glasses Krookodile with Intimidate.

A CLOSER LOOK

I'M TOO HOT (Aerodactyl) @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Hone Claws
- Stone Edge
- Aerial Ace
- Roost

The central member of the team, Mega Aerodactyl is such an amazing Pokemon in UU right now. Literally the only problem with it is that it uses up your Mega slot, but who cares because it's amazing. Anyway, it's the team's central sweeper and the goal of the team is to allow it to sweep. It's also a good revenge killer if I don't want to risk locking Mienshao into a single move (especially in the early game). The only issue I have with Aerodactyl is that it doesn't have enough moveslots to do everything I want it to. I wish I could also run Earthquake and Aqua Tail or maybe even Taunt, but in the end it all works out nice and smooth. Hone Claws boosts Aerodactyl's Attack allowing it to pick through the opponent's team late-game and also boosts Stone Edge's accuracy to the point where it actually hits things!!!!!! Aerial Ace and Stone Edge are just STAB moves. Nothing too wild or crazy. Roost was chosen in the last slot to take on Pokemon such as Beedrill and Crobat multiple times throughout the match, but I may switch it out for something like Aqua Tail. The EVs are standard in that they outspeed Mega Beedrill and Choice Scarf Chandelure

It also kills Serperior

HOT DAMN (Heracross) @ Choice Band
Ability: Guts
EVs: 112 HP / 252 Atk / 144 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Megahorn
- Knock Off
- Earthquake

Heracross was mainly added to the team to kill Steel-types and bulky Water-types, and damn does it do its job well. It's also the first part of my little Fighting spam core alongside Mienshao. A cool little relationship between Heracross, Miehshao, and Krookidile is that they all have Choice Scarf and wallbreaking sets, so it's annoying to the opponent not really knowing which is which. Even if they were to figure out that Heracross is not the Choice Scarf users, there are still two possibilities (three if you're King UU and consider Crobat a Scarfer). There really isn't much else to say here other than its pretty awesome. I wish it had one more movelslot, however, to nail Salamence and Crobat with Stone Edge. Close Combat and Megahorn are the Water-type killer moves, Knock Off nails Ghost-types and really any type because it removes their item which is awesome and Earthquake hits Poison-types harder than anything else. The EVs are just enough to outspeed Honchkrow so it can't kill Heracross with Brave Bird with the extra EVs placed in HP to take on bulky Water-types better.

Police and Fireman (Suicune) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 112 Def / 144 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: NaN Atk
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Ice Beam

Suicune was added to the team to beat Fire- and Ground-types that are a pain in the ass for most teams in general and Mega Aerodactyl and Heracross, respectively. It also makes another good sweeper in case Mega Aerodactyl is incapacitated. Sadly, I wish I could fit Toxic Spikes on the team somewhere for Suicune because Suicune loves having Toxic Spikes. It also lures in Pokemon such as opposing Heracross, Shaymin, Roserade, and Serperior, so if I can properly double switch into my Crobat or Aerodactyl, I can take them out. It also lures in Electric-types for Krookodile to take on. It's also my best switch-in to Hydreigon thanks to its good bulk and access to Ice Beam.

YOU KNOW WHO I AM (Crobat) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 248 HP / 60 Atk / 200 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- U-turn
- Defog

Crobat is the entry hazard remover for the team as well as its best check to Fighting- and Grass-types, most notably Heracross and Serperior. While its ability to remove entry hazards is incredibly helpful, I find it's most valuable in its ability to kill Fighting- and Grass-types which are just really threatening overall in the metagame right now. Also, it's a great Pokemon to lure in Electric- and Rock-types with U-turn for Krookodile and Suicune, respectively. It's actually really fun to lure in Toxicroak and Heracross with Suicune when they're expecting a CroCune set then KO them with a Brave Bird from Crobat after a double switch.

COME ON (Mienshao) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Reckless
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Knock Off
- Poison Jab
- U-turn

I really love using Choice Scarf Mienshao. For one thing, it's extremely fast, allowing it to outspeed the entirely unboosted metagame and all relevant Choice Scarf users except the rare Choice Scarf Infernape (no, Choice Scarf Azelf and Alakazam don't count). Anyway, Mienshao makes for my revenge killer if the opponent isn't outsped by Aerodactyl or Crobat and can also grab momentum rather easily with its U-turn. I also really love Mienshao's ability to easily clean up the opponents team late-game with its STAB Reckless High Jump Kick and basically ruin the opposition. I chose Knock Off and Poison Jab as the coverage moves to hit Ghost-, Psychic-, and Fairy-types super effectively, though I would consider switching Poison Jab for Stone Edge because fuck Salamence and Crobat.

DON'T BELIEVE ME JUST WATCH (Krookodile) @ Black Glasses
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Pursuit

The final member of the team is no less than Krookodile. Krookodile is important for the team as it is the Stealth Rock setter and can take out opposing Psychic- and Ghost types such as Slowking, Reuniclus, Bronzong, non-Scarf Chandelure, the very rare Jellicent, and the (lol) Trevenant with either Knock Off or Pursuit, which in general is a helpful move for picking off opponents while they're weak. It's really nice to be able to spam STAB Knock Offs in the early game to firstly punch holes and secondly cripple Pokemon by removing their items. If I can Knock Off the opposing Choice Scarf user I'm in even better shape.

Also Black Glasses are absolutely necessary for this set to work as they are much more badass than a stupid little Dread Plate

Anyway that's about it. Thanks for reading!! No shoutouts because this isn't an important post.

Aerodactyl @ Aerodactylite
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 212 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Hone Claws
- Stone Edge
- Aerial Ace
- Roost

Heracross @ Choice Band
Ability: Guts
EVs: 112 HP / 252 Atk / 144 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Megahorn
- Knock Off
- Earthquake

Suicune @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 112 Def / 144 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: NaN Atk
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Ice Beam

Crobat @ Black Sludge
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 248 HP / 60 Atk / 200 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- U-turn
- Defog

Mienshao @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Reckless
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Knock Off
- Poison Jab
- U-turn

Krookodile @ Black Glasses
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Pursuit

how does this team beat bulky waters like suicune if heracross goes down? not to mention heracross if far from the best check to bulky waters

Ununhexium

is a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
how does this team beat bulky waters like suicune if heracross goes down? not to mention heracross if far from the best check to bulky waters
i drown them with my tears

in all seriousness i just try to wear them down and not sack heracross

Ununhexium

is my team at the akward point where its too good to rate yet not enough for showcase :P

aka bump

Honestly, the biggest weakness here is the fact that you have nothing to take water or ice type attacks once suicune is worn down...
You should have a backup-plan for that.
And also you have 2 flying-types. I think removing one of those would be ideal. Crobat isn't THAT good of a stealth rock remover, since he takes damage from them, too. So it would be good to have a hazard-remover without rock-weakness and water or ice resistance.
Hmm...
maybe Forretress?

(Also this team is pretty good as it is, so the things I said are just little nitpicks. And I'm no pro anyway, so there's that too :P)

Hey man cool team, I'm at school right now and can't make a full rate, but I have maybe one suggestion. Since your team has only one special Attacker in suicune, and you get bopped by the likes of something of LO Heliolisk, maybe Nidoqueen would be better thank Krook. It gives you the same roll as an offensive rocks setter and is a more reliable electric immunity than krook. As well as giving more of a presence on the special attacking side, which your team lacks as I said previously.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)