Pet Mod SylveMons (Discussion Phase)

I don’t see why you would bother changing Dragalge’s type considering it gives it the unique typing and niche needed to avoid competition from otherwise similar Pokemon. TBH, if Pokemon could have three types it would probably be Poison/Dragon/Water because that would just make sense, but since that can’t happen, Poison/Dragon is really the best typing for it, competitively and otherwise.

WIP

Name: Voltage Feed
Existing Move?: N
Category: Other
Type: Electric
PP: 10
Effect: Heals the user for 50% of its total HP, if Electric Terrain is under effect user heals 100% and Electric Terrain dissapears
Priority: 0.
Z-Move: +1 Speed
Description: Allows Electric-types to take on a more bulky approach giving Lanturn and Stunfisk room to shine in lower tiers. Can also be helpful for Tapu Koko which recovers all of its HP and can U-turn out as its terrain ends. Also helps non Electric-types such as Rhydon and Rhyperior.
Potential Pokemon With This Move: Pikachu, Raichu, Alolan Raichu, Alolan Geodude, Alolan Graveler, Alolan Golem, Electabuzz, Jolteon, Lanturn, Pichu, Mareep, Flaffy, Ampharos, Elekid, Raikou, Electrike, Manectric, Plusle, Minun,Shinx, Luxio, Luxray, Pachirisu, Electivire, Blitzle, Zebstrika, Joltik, Galvantula, Stunfisk, Helioptile, Heliolisk, Togedemaru, Tapu Koko, Xurkitree, Cubone, Marowak, Alolan Marowak, Rhyhorn, Rhydon, Sceptile, Rhyperior, Goldeen, Seaking.
Name: Distress Glasses
Existing Item?: N
Effect: Holders Special Attack is 1.33x, but it can't use the same move twice in a row
Removable via Knock Off?: Y
Ignored by Klutz?: Y
Niche: Choice Specs but slightly less annoying, can be great for Koko, Ash Greninja and other 'mons that want the power boost but dislike being locked.
Name: Anguish Bandana
Effect: Holders Attack is 1.33x, but it can't use the same move twice in a row
Niche: Choice Band but slightly less annoying, is cool for stuff that likes the power boost like Weavile or Terrakion but don't want to be locked in one move.
Name: Sunscreen
Effect: Holders ignores all effects of sun, including the power boost.
Niche: Good for teams weak to sun, can be given to Pokémon that don't appreciate the sun matchup and allow the to better check sun sweepers.
Name: Umbrella
Effect: Holders ignores all effects of rain, including the power boost.
Niche: Good for teams weak to rain, can be given to Pokémon that don't appreciate the rain matchup and allow the to better check rain sweepers.

WIP

Name: Voltage Feed
Existing Move?: N
Category: Other
Type: Electric
PP: 10
Effect: Heals the user for 50% of its total HP, if Electric Terrain is under effect user heals 100% and Electric Terrain dissapears
Priority: 0.
Z-Move: +1 Speed
Description: Allows Electric-types to take on a more bulky approach giving Lanturn and Stunfisk room to shine in lower tiers. Can also be helpful for Tapu Koko which recovers all of its HP and can U-turn out as its terrain ends. Also helps non Electric-types such as Rhydon and Rhyperior.
Potential Pokemon With This Move: Pikachu, Raichu, Alolan Raichu, Alolan Geodude, Alolan Graveler, Alolan Golem, Electabuzz, Jolteon, Lanturn, Pichu, Mareep, Flaffy, Ampharos, Elekid, Raikou, Electrike, Manectric, Plusle, Minun,Shinx, Luxio, Luxray, Pachirisu, Electivire, Blitzle, Zebstrika, Joltik, Galvantula, Stunfisk, Helioptile, Heliolisk, Togedemaru, Tapu Koko, Xurkitree, Cubone, Marowak, Alolan Marowak, Rhyhorn, Rhydon, Sceptile, Rhyperior, Goldeen, Seaking.
Name: Distress Glasses
Effect: Holders Special Attack is 1.33x, but it can't use the same move twice in a row
Niche: Choice Specs but slightly less annoying, can be great for Koko, Ash Greninja and other 'mons that want the power boost but dislike being locked.
Name: Anguish Bandana
Effect: Holders Attack is 1.33x, but it can't use the same move twice in a row
Niche: Choice Band but slightly less annoying, is cool for stuff that likes the power boost like Weavile or Terrakion but don't want to be locked in one move.
Name: Sunscreen
Effect: Holders ignores all effects of sun, including the power boost.
Niche: Good for teams weak to sun, can be given to Pokémon that don't appreciate the sun matchup and allow the to better check sun sweepers.
Name: Umbrella
Effect: Holders ignores all effects of rain, including the power boost.
Niche: Good for teams weak to rain, can be given to Pokémon that don't appreciate the rain matchup and allow the to better check rain sweepers.
didn't some version of distress glasses/anguish bandana already win?

Wouldn't it be easier on users if these Encore items had the same name? Such as Anguish Band/Specs/Scarf for easier rememberability.

wait a minute, what happens if two people submitted the exact same item, but with different changes? i ask because i made an Electrizer/Magmizer, but Dilasc ghanged it too.

Name: Dragon Rage
Existing Move?:
Y
Category:
Special
Type:
Dragon
PP:
Effect:
Does damage equal to the user's level.
Priority:
Misc.:
None
Z-Move: 100
Niche:
Dragon is a pretty good defensive type, but barely has anything to work with stall-wise. This gives the Dragon-Types that are stalling out a way of hitting the foe easly. This is a Seismic Toss clone.
Potential Pokemon With This Move: Things that already had it
we could probably also apply this to sonic boom tbh

AquaticPanic

Intentional Femboy Penguin
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor
Community Leader
Honestly the only thing I can see using it is Musharna, who most of the time will be just setting Trick Room and switching out anyways.

S. Court

[Takes hits in Spanish]
is a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributor
I stopped receiving notifications about this thread for some reason... Ohh well, I changed some of my submissions just in time then

Abilities: Air Stream (Coolman6001), Guard Up (Yoshiblaze), Dynamotor (Yoshiblaze), Levitation Surge (Origin0), Scarecrow (Dilasc), Wind Glider (Coolman6001)

Moves: Air Current (Coolman6001), Acid Melt (Dilasc), Antigravity (Origin0), Seed Bomb (Dilasc), Hail (S. Court), Odd Room (Samtendo09)

Items: Breeze Rock (Coolman6001), Protector (Coolman6001), Fireplace (Dilasc), Weather Warrior’s Crystal (Origin0), Clear Sign (Samtendo09), Serenity Brace (Origin0)

Pokemon: Samurott (Yahooboo), Ledian (Sharpest), Cresselia (Yahooboo), (Mega-)Absol (Origin0), Blissey (Origin0), Musharna (S. Court)

Last edited:
Abilities:
Debris (Sereg)
Sunlit Guard (S. Court)
Make a Wish (Dilasc)
Air Stream (Coolman6001)
Levitation Surge (mine)
Guard Up (Yoshiblaze)

Moves:
Swampland (Sereg)
Air Current (Coolman6001)
Anti-Gravity (mine)
Fairy Charge (mine)
Terrifying Tackle (Yoshiblaze)
Jetstream (Pika Xreme)

Items:
Booby Trap (Sereg)
Protector (Coolman6001)
Breeze Rock (Coolman6001)
Weather Warrior's Crystal (mine)
Enigma Berry (Yoshiblaze)
Clear Sign (Samtendo09)

Pokemon:
Mega Blastoise (Sereg)
Musharna (S. Court)
Cresselia (Yahooboo)
Torterra (Coolman6001)
Blissey (mine)
Hoothoot line (Yoshiblaze)

Last edited:
Abilities: Air Stream (Coolman6001), Guard Up (Yoshiblaze), Dynamotor (Yoshiblaze), Levitation Surge (Origin0), Scarecrow (Dilasc), Wing Glider (Coolman6001)

Moves: Air Current (Coolman6001), Acid Melt (Dilasc), Antigravity (Origin0), Seed Bomb (Dilasc), Hail (S. Court), Odd Room (Samtendo09)

Items: Breeze Rock (Coolman6001), Protector (Coolman6001), Fireplace (Dilasc), Weather Warrior’s Crystal (Origin0), Clear Sign (Samtendo09), Serenity Brace (Origin0)

Pokemon: Samurott (Yahooboo), Ledian (Sharpest), Cresselia (Yahooboo), (Mega-)Absol (Origin0), Blissey (Origin0), Musharna (S. Court)
It's actually Wind Glider, not Wing Glider

electrode would always prefer to run actual attacks
I mean electrode is pretty fast, nice moves like taunt and volt switch, plus its movepool in terms of attacks is honestly just that shit, only has signal beam in terms of special attacks that aren’t normal or electric type. I don’t see the reason to not change sonic boom and give it to more mons. Seeing as similarly, most dragon types would prefer to run actual attacks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)