• New England Patriots & New York Giants

Votes: 14 20.9%
  • San Diego Chargers & Green Bay Packers

Votes: 10 14.9%
  • San Diego Chargers & New York Giants

Votes: 9 13.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yes, I did explain how to beat any team, but that's pretty much an obvious one. That's basically how you do beat any team, and yes, I did watch that game and saw how he was picking them apart with short passes all day long. But you figure, you need to have those kinds of coverages and put Brady under pressure to force those turnovers so those short passes aren't complete, and when they are, they're ruled down with a 3 or less yard gain, and when he goes deep you're there for the coverage to knock it down or pick it off. If you can get in his face, you force bad decisions, but that wasn't happening. Somehow, I see the Chargers doing that this weekend though. The Chargers didn't have as great of a passing game as they do now with Chambers on there team though. It used to be the pass game and LT. But now it's just, mixed all together. If you hadn't noticed, Chambers is there primary end-zone receiver, but nothing more. Between him and Antonio Gates, they're always there for the reassurance of the TD in the end-zone. I see the Chargers winning this weekend. They have a smarter and more experienced coaching staff than the Jaguars do as well. I honestly didn't try to start a flame war with you, I just wanted to have a well thought out football discussion. Since it's what I love most.

I'm changing mine to GB and NE. I love the Giants, but I want Favre to beat the Patriots in the super bowl so that he can go down as the best quarterback of all time, hands down. It'd be an epic conclusion to a legendary career. AND WE COULD WITNESS IT!

Yeah, but I honestly don't want the Packers and the Patriots in the Superbowl. I've had my suspicion since the off-season last year that football may be rigged, just because of all the most popular players retiring the year after they won the Superbowl. Favre was hesitating to retire... and then decided to play one more season. Now he's decided to not retire and look where they're at. It just looks way to suspicious to me. Honestly, I don't want the Patriots going all the way either, just because I'm a Dolphins fan and I want Miami being the only team to remain as having the title of "The perfect season" as well as the Patriots being a rival of Miami. I wouldn't mind it so much if it was another team going on with the same record as the Pats, but not a team going on undefeated in the same division as the only perfect season titled team... that's just.. controversial. I hope the Packers and the Patriots both lose in the conference championships. That'd just be spectacular.

Yeah, but I honestly don't want the Packers and the Patriots in the Superbowl. I've had my suspicion since the off-season last year that football may be rigged, just because of all the most popular players retiring the year after they won the Superbowl. Favre was hesitating to retire... and then decided to play one more season. Now he's decided to not retire and look where they're at. It just looks way to suspicious to me. Honestly, I don't want the Patriots going all the way either, just because I'm a Dolphins fan and I want Miami being the only team to remain as having the title of "The perfect season" as well as the Patriots being a rival of Miami. I wouldn't mind it so much if it was another team going on with the same record as the Pats, but not a team going on undefeated in the same division as the only perfect season titled team... that's just.. controversial. I hope the Packers and the Patriots both lose in the conference championships. That'd just be spectacular.
I don't see how it's controversial that the Patriots are in the same division as the team that had a perfect season 35 years ago. People are still going to remember that the '72 Dolphins were the first team to have both a perfect regular season and a perfect postseason (two teams had perfect regular seasons before the Dolphins, but those teams lost in the playoffs). Even if the Patriots do win the Super Bowl, it won't take away from what the Dolphins did, because teams that have perfect regular seasons are incredibly rare, and most teams that get close usually don't manage to carry it all the way through. I don't see how football is rigged... you did not really qualify that statement. Players who won the Super Bowl and retire the year after winning it usually do that to go out on a high note. Now, I like Miami quite a bit, but that doesn't take away from what the Patriots are doing right now, which happens to be playing some really good football.

GB_Packers_Ftw

LOOKS LIKE FAVRE GOT SHUT DOWN
In any case, I really hope the Patriots lose either to the Chargers or whichever NFC team wins (most likely the Packers). To be honest, I'd like the Packers to win more than the Patriots, although the ensuing onslaught of posts by GB_Packers_ftw and Fight Two Demons would be almost unbearable. I'd probably like it the most if the Chargers won, just because they haven't won a Super Bowl in franchise history (they did manage to make it to one though).
Lol this is cute.

I think that the Packers match up the best to the pats and are the 2nd best team without a doubt in the NFL. Then i would say SD at 3, NYG, Jax, Indy, and then maybe dallas as a lowly 7, and seattle is breathing down their necks. The Packers Nickel and Dime backs could be starting corners on any other sub-par defense in the NFL. Then you add in the Fact that they have the 2 best corners in the league, on the same team. They are by no means statisticly the best, but stats mean nothing. Teams like dallas and minnesota learned this the hard way. Anyways what im really getting at is the Packers are the only team that stand a decent chance of winning, not almost winning. They have a top 5 back in grant, and better wideouts than NE. I just said that. Brett Favre is the best QB in the league and most likely of all time. Brady comes as a close second, but he's still not a Brett Favre. Add in that GB has a better Defensive front rotation and better overall defense with the exception of FS, and i don't see why the odds couldn't be a 50-50. Offensive line goes to NE, who has better guards and a better center, although GB has the best Tackle combo in the NFL. Now im not saying that this game will take place, im just saying on paper they match up great. However i did vote for GB\Pats because i love the Packers.

To all of you who mentionned that the Pats cheated, you are perfectly right.

The Pats cheated...in week 1. Do you actually think that the Jets had a legitimate shot at beating this team in week 1? If not, then the cheating is completely unrelated to their perfect season.

I hate Patriots with a passion. :) But I HAVE to admit that they will win the Super Bowl.

So yea, Patriots beat Chargers; Packers beat Giants; and Patriots beat Giants.

I hope I'm wrong. =D

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
From my experience, there are two types of Patriots fans (this could also be applied to any other dynasty team in any sport):

1) Someone who actually lives or has lived in the New England area, or has some other good reason to like the Patriots (obviously "good" is up to the person but I think of myself a decent judge of reason).

2) Random bandwagoner who decides to like the Patriots for a number of terrible reasons, including but not limited to "They're good" and "Tom Bradyyyy iss soooooooo hawtttttt!!!1!!". Those two are probably the most common from my experience, but there are many others.

In any case, I really hope the Patriots lose either to the Chargers or whichever NFC team wins (most likely the Packers). To be honest, I'd like the Packers to win more than the Patriots, although the ensuing onslaught of posts by GB_Packers_ftw and Fight Two Demons would be almost unbearable. I'd probably like it the most if the Chargers won, just because they haven't won a Super Bowl in franchise history (they did manage to make it to one though).
I'm a Pats fan cause they played in the first gridiron game I'd ever seen, and I've been a fan since 1999 :).I'll obviously say the Patriots will win the superbowl; their offense is too strong and they are just too smart for any other team in the competition. The Giants/Packers match is much more interesting, but I'll say that Green Bay will edge them out.

I suspect it will be Pats vs. Green Bay. I hope Pats win as I am a Pats fan, but then again seeing the hometown team [to me] of the Giants in the Super Bowl would be good. I'd still root for the Pats, though ;e

To all of you who mentionned that the Pats cheated, you are perfectly right.

The Pats cheated...in week 1. Do you actually think that the Jets had a legitimate shot at beating this team in week 1? If not, then the cheating is completely unrelated to their perfect season.
Actually, in the next game against the Jets, Brady threw for 140 yards, and 0 TDs against the Jets. So, I do think they had a shot in the first game.

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
It's a good thing the Packers didn't end up winning that game, because after all the chances NYG gave them I really don't think GB deserved that game.

Fucking Tynes. That field goal was incredibly difficult and more than likely saved his job.

FUCK YEAH!!!!!

GIANTS BABY!!!

Edit: Giants totally deserved that win. That game was sick, and I can't wait till the Superbowl.

As much as I wanted the Packers to win...the Giants did deserve the win.

I got excited when the Giants missed the game-winning field goal though, thinking Brett Favre had one more chance...

Oh well, least I evened out in terms of betting money.

bumping this so it doesn't get forgotten.

since Im a Cowboys fan Id be really disappointed if the Pats don't get their shot at perfection. Although if I would bet on this game I would go with the Giants because I believe they are a hot team and would pay better of course :P

The Giants better not win...

My friend was telling me to get on them when they were 100-1 to win the Superbowl a couple of months ago. I thought they didn't have a chance...

They better not win :/

I like the ad I received for this thread - Patriots vs Giants www.sodahead.com (at first I thought it was going to be a 'fathead' ad, which would be almost as bad).

Why would the Giants being underrated in November be a reason for you to not want them to win? They were already surging greatly at that point!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)