• New England Patriots & New York Giants

Votes: 14 20.9%
  • San Diego Chargers & Green Bay Packers

Votes: 10 14.9%
  • San Diego Chargers & New York Giants

Votes: 9 13.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Alright, now that there's only 4 teams left in the football season, what are your predictions for the SuperBowl? It can only be one of four, and only 1 AFC team and 1 NFC team go into the SuperBowl. Predictions are a lot easier now then they were a few weeks ago. So, what's your opinion? Discuss.

NFL Teams Left:

AFC
New England Patriots & San Diego Chargers
NFC
Green Bay Packers & New York Giants

I watched both of those games, they deserved it. Romo always chokes in the playoffs, and San Diego is determined to win. I see the Chargers going all the way with there spirit and determination, and just there gameplans they've had against Peyton Manning and the rest of the Colts offense. I see the Giants going all the way too, just from the look of there last few games. They did extremely well against the Patriots, and since then, they've been playing to there full extent to take home the Super Bowl trophy. I see this happening.

Chargers and Giants baby!

Though, the Patriots had a huge play that I've never seen before in that game against the Jaguars. The Statue of Liberty play was pretty unique and insane. It worked too. Sadly.

Edit: ^ Yeah, it's true guys. For those that didn't know. The Patriots were caught spying on other teams sidelines. Pathetically. They should have penalized them more severely then they did though.

GB_Packers_Ftw

LOOKS LIKE FAVRE GOT SHUT DOWN
I wouldn't go as far as saying romo cracked. Certainly he has lead his team to a great record, but the fact of the matter is they were just frauds. They were setting themselves up for this the last month. I think the Packers match up to the Pats better than anyone else left in the playoffs, and i think they can beat the giants next week. So i went with GB\NE. Chargers are a good team, but really got some nice breaks in that indy game.

I'm going to have to disagree with that. The Patriots from what I've noticed tend to do worse against the teams that are less expected. Seeing as how Indianapolis lost, the Pats were probably expecting them to win and started to create a gameplan around Indy. Though, even if they were to concentrate on San Diego, they'll be focusing around Tomlinson more than anyone else on the offense. If anyone knows the Patriots strategies more, it's the Chargers. Just because they got Chambers from Miami, who has played the Patriots more than any other teams in the league. If anyone has the advantage, it'll be the Chargers. The Chargers were an all run game team, and now they're mixed making it hard to follow up with what'll happen.

As for the NFC, I see the Giants going on to the SuperBowl. The way they've been playing since week 16 has shown some excessive improvements and what a huge capability that they have. Making it in as a wildcard, losing to the Pats by 3, and just showing how good they can truely be. I see the Chargers and the Giants in the SuperBowl.

Also, about the Romo cracked discussion. The reason I say that Romo cracks in the playoffs is because of this years performance, AND last years game against the Seahawks in the playoffs. Dallas' first playoff game in 2 years back to back, and Romo's at fault for them both. The first for messing up the field goal that determined the game, and the 2nd for leading his team to a turnover in the 2 minute drill and losing the game.

with the way the packers have been playing i highly doubt the giants will be able to overcome them i also think at this point the chargers don't really stand a chance against the patriots. their offense is just too devastating. they dont make mistakes and when the other team does, they score.

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I'm not a big of football, but since I live in San Diego, I'll definitely watch the last two games of the season this year. xD Finally, we actually have a good team at one sport.

I want it to be Chargers vs Packers but, I think it will be Pats vs Giants. Being a San Diego boy this is more exciting right now than when the Chargers got to the super bowl vs the 49ers. GO BOLTS!

Also, about the Romo cracked discussion. The reason I say that Romo cracks in the playoffs is because of this years performance, AND last years game against the Seahawks in the playoffs. Dallas' first playoff game in 2 years back to back, and Romo's at fault for them both. The first for messing up the field goal that determined the game, and the 2nd for leading his team to a turnover in the 2 minute drill and losing the game.
yes romo is solely responsible for their loss to the giants

definitely not the coaching, offensive line, patrick crayton, or the defense

it was only romo that made them lose

jesus christ, football is a team game. you can maybe make an argument that Romo lost them the game last year, but saying he lost it for them this year is just fucking retarded. he played a decent game, and his team played a decent game. the giants were just more solid throughout.

Romo took a team that was struggling with Drew Bledblow and made them a legitimate playoff threat two years in a row from the moment he took over.

i don't even fucking like the cowboys and actually borderline detest them, i can't believe i'm sticking up for romo

my superbowl prediction? giants over the patriots. if the giants secondary plays reasonably well(which they CAN when they aren't hurt), the giants are probably the biggest legitimate threat to upset the patriots run.

I like favre, but he's going to have a tough game next week. Old quarterback vs the giants D line is going to be a disaster.

Edit: ^ Yeah, it's true guys. For those that didn't know. The Patriots were caught spying on other teams sidelines. Pathetically. They should have penalized them more severely then they did though.
penalized more? are you serious? they lost a first round draft pick and fined $750,000 as a team! you know not only the pats do this kind of thing. everyone is trying to get an edge in the nfl, it was just the pats that got caught. id the punishment is fair. not too harsh, not too lenient. but how would punish them "miami sports" fan?

pats will win the superbowl over green bay. They shut down tomlinson last time they played each other, and they have way too many injuries to beat the patriots. The patriots prepare the best out of the whole NFL, i dont buy that as an advantage for the chargers

lol at the guy that said the chargers have the advantage. The patriots are undefeated for a damn good reason. They have the best offense in the NFL, but their defense is alot better then people give them credit for right now. They can focus on certain players and stop them completely for the whole game, thats signature patriot defense. Oh and that spygate thing, for all you who dont know anything about it, they were caught cheating BEFORE they got to see any of the footage. Its a well known fact that the guy with the tape was caught on his way to give it to the team, as in BEFORE it was actually watched. That comment about should be punished more is complete BS, a first round pick is worth alot, especially when the pats would of had 2 first rounders with the 49ers first rounder.

Green bay is just a more solid a team then the Giants. They have a great defense, and a great offense. The giants have a great defense, and an okay offense. Brett Farve will be the difference maker in clutch time, where Eli manning will fall.

Are you completely ignorant? Every damn team has cheated one way or another within recent or past years. All you're doing is faulting the Patriots for being caught, not for cheating.

And as for Chargers having an advantage because they have Chambers. SERIOUSLY? Seri-fucking-ously? Yes, the whole staff just sat down Chambers and asked him what he faced out there, from all his past memories and experiences, you know instead of just studying every game the Patriots have played since 2001 against all opponents. I mean, they only have the own tape of what Patriots did in week 2 and in the divisonal round last year against them, but they don't need any of that cause they can just ask fucking Chris Chambers.

Anyways, until someone can actually do something where they WIN and not COME CLOSE to the Patriots, there is NO blueprint to stop them. So baring being a fanboy or a conspiracist, logic just says Patriots will win.

P.S. Phillip Rivers is even more inconsistent than the poster boy of inconsitency himself, Eli Manning!

Why does this merit its own thread? There is already an NFL thread!

(and obviously, Packers versus Patriots has a higher probability to happen than to not)

Why would anyone want the Patriots to win?

WE KNOW THEY CHEAT
From my experience, there are two types of Patriots fans (this could also be applied to any other dynasty team in any sport):

1) Someone who actually lives or has lived in the New England area, or has some other good reason to like the Patriots (obviously "good" is up to the person but I think of myself a decent judge of reason).

2) Random bandwagoner who decides to like the Patriots for a number of terrible reasons, including but not limited to "They're good" and "Tom Bradyyyy iss soooooooo hawtttttt!!!1!!". Those two are probably the most common from my experience, but there are many others.

In any case, I really hope the Patriots lose either to the Chargers or whichever NFC team wins (most likely the Packers). To be honest, I'd like the Packers to win more than the Patriots, although the ensuing onslaught of posts by GB_Packers_ftw and Fight Two Demons would be almost unbearable. I'd probably like it the most if the Chargers won, just because they haven't won a Super Bowl in franchise history (they did manage to make it to one though).

I disagree completely Aeroblacktyl. I think that they have a huge advantage with Chambers now on the team. He's been a key for there offense and has made a huge difference. He's been a huge addition to a Charger's mix offense. They used to only have a run-game, but now they have a better passing game as well, to mix it up and force unpredictable plays. When the Chargers play the Patriots this weekend, don't expect the Patriots to do as great as they did against the Chargers in week 2. Chambers came to the Chargers during the mid-season, and has played the Patriots years and has actually experienced many things thus making him realize things to go wrong.. as to what will work and what won't work. A video tape isn't experience. I agree with you saying that there is no blueprint, but the main blueprint is just to score every drive, go all out, and slow down there offense. Keep Brady contained, and force those turnovers. Or just force the 4th and long situation. Expect the run, pressure Brady by forcing him outside the pocket leaving him revealed, out of the pocket, pressured, and forced to throw deeper to the opposite side of the field if you can get him in that situation. Keep those receivers covered and don't let stupid mistakes occur. Mix up your gameplan, have fun with it, and make your plays unpredictable. Play at the greatest you can get, your 100%.That's what is needed to be done, in every game, not just against the Patriots. Brady seems to do well under pressure, but if he can't find a reciever, he'll crack.. and be brought down eventually. Or will do something stupid and force a bad decision.

You obviously just have described how to beat any team at ANY SPORT played by ANY PERSON. Seriously "if we play perfect, we'll beat blahblahblah."

And did you not watch Saturdays game? He picked the Jags apart with short passes all day long. He doesn't have to throw it deep or to the opposite side of the field. They blanketed Randy Moss the whole game, what the hell did that do?

Another thing, Chambers had like one meaningful game since he's been with the Chargers. And they did have a passing game. It's called Antonio Gates. And when he's shut down, the main guy to step up has been Vincent Jackson, not Chris Chambers.

And if films meant nothing, then I guess all 32 team just sit around watching previous week tapes because they all went to the premier of the movies therefore having nothing else to watch. That's how Peyton and Brady study each opponent, by ignoring the tapes and asking people who played against the other team what they felt.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)