Finals Smogon Champions League III - Finals [Won by Studio Gible]

Theia

Say hello to the robots
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnus
User Safety Lead

>Spreadsheet<
>Games Schedule<
>Season Schedule<

Tournament Rules and General Guidelines

Matchups:

Studio Gible (5) vs (5) Orange Islanders
SV OU: mind gaming vs aesf
SV OU: Piyush25 vs Welli0u
SV OU: Fogbound Lake vs Wolf
SV Ubers: Fc vs Exiline
SV DOU: z0mOG vs JRL
SV UU: Eternal Spirit vs pdt
SV RU: cleann vs robjr
SV NU: etern vs Danny
SV PU: S1nn0hC0nfirm3d vs DugZa
SV LC: ninjadog vs Hacker

Deadline will be December 17th @ 11:00 PM EST (GMT-5).

Studio Gible (0) vs (0) Orange Islanders

Meru

ate them up
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Studio Gible (4) vs (6) Orange Islanders

zS

this is all a moo point
is a Top Tiering Contributor
NUPL Champion

potential tiebreak:
Studio Gible (2) vs (1) Orange Islanders
SV OU: mind gaming vs Welli0u
SV PU: S1nn0hC0nfirm3d vs pdt
SV RU: Eternal Spirit vs robjr

1LDK

Vengeance
is a Top Team Rater
Mind Gaming is just better

I would also be in cloud 500 if I were to kick the king out of the hill, not just the confidence boost, but overall 1 good day can do wonders for your mind

I think this one has a 60/40 split, on record alone I would say fog wins (and he has fought wolf in the same tournament and won), but wolf has done solid wins and has also gotten into creativity, so an upset would be possible

I have no idea about lower tiers, so I just looked at the records, I'm just hoping for no tiebreakers

SV OU: mind gaming vs aesf - this'll be mind gaming's second trip to finals in the year, both rocking outstanding records. last time didn't go particularly well: this time i fully believe in the power of gaming. rip rubyblood
SV OU: Piyush25 vs Welli0u - welli0u is in top form right now after dispatching oldspicemike and xavgb back to back
SV OU: Fogbound Lake vs Wolf - big matchup. wolf has been very consistent the whole tournament but fogbound has been just explosive this season, and should be the favorite on paper as long as he doesn't load (checks notes) hisuian lilligant and 2 healing wishers
SV Ubers: Fc vs Exiline - i don't really watch this tier and i literally can't start now so im just going off records
SV DOU: z0mOG vs JRL - the jrl has been a solid contender for all of this tournament, posting a perfectly average 5-5 record. obviously z0mog has good fundamentals but i don't know how active he's been in SV DOU
SV UU: Eternal Spirit vs pdt - matchup of the week. pdt comes in with a great record but did blink briefly in semis, and i'm getting the feeling that the magician can pull a rabbit out of the hat.
SV RU: cleann vs robjr - one of two problematic tiers for gible. things went better in semis with cleann posting a win over ajna but i can't see robjr falling to an upset here
SV NU: etern vs Danny - etern is one of the clear top-tiers of the NU field. i had a line here about how the tier leader is probably really well-equipped to deal with the rapidly changing meta but i forgot danny's also on the council
SV PU: S1nn0hC0nfirm3d vs DugZa - i'd be a fool to bold against this record at this point
SV LC: ninjadog vs Hacker - the other problem tier for gible. luckily ninjadog is activated now but hacker has played more

very curious stylistic matchup here in terms of team composition. gible has a lot of really heavy hitters but a couple of vulnerabilities, while islanders are all-around solid with potential to win anywhere. your big flashpoint matchups are fog/wolf, dou, uu, ubers: any of those flip and it could decide the series

Dave

formerly Stone Cold
is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Five-Time Past WCoP Champion
Last edited:

Islanders

Genesis7

is a Past SCL Champion
RoAPL Champion
Studio Gible (7) vs (3) Orange Islanders

This one could be an upset. I think aesf has a high ceiling. It is a real shame that the Islanders have to deal with a quit leading up to finals. I am hoping aesf can pull through here so there are no regrets about that.

Similarly, this could be an upset as Well (hehe). Anyone who has followed piyush knows that the guy could very well be a top player on the site by 2024. But this is the Showtime Leviathan Show Well... tough mu

Alfa is underrated and this is more of a 60/40.

I am sticking with the gut pick in Fc. This has been a rough tour for him and last round was a regrettable game from him I am sure. But the boys carried him into finals and I know prime, focused Fc is unstoppable.

I fear the m0z may be farmed in VGC-lite, but he already got owned by weakness policy zygarde. He will not be farmed again.

Gama surprised with a cool tech last round. But pdt has the stuff.

Eternally the king of NU.

DugZa freakend owns, but sinnoh has the n00by PU tier in the palm of his gamer gunk smeared hands.

Just looked in an old discord server and saw that ninjadog is a bladee fan? Ya... I'm thinking he is freakend awesome.

Let's go Gibles

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 3)