Other Silly Things You've Seen On The OU Ladder: V2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know, it's just pretty funny that there are such crazy sets in the randomizer. I can't imagine that so many half-functional sets were put together by chance, so I've got to assume that whoever coded random battles had a few laughs doing so.

I can understand Rotom-F being Rotom-Fridge instead of Rotom-Fan, but how the heck is Rotom-Fan referred to as "Rotom-S?"
Well its signature move IS air slash...

Aragorn the King

Literally a duck
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I know, it's just pretty funny that there are such crazy sets in the randomizer. I can't imagine that so many half-functional sets were put together by chance, so I've got to assume that whoever coded random battles had a few laughs doing so.

I can understand Rotom-F being Rotom-Fridge instead of Rotom-Fan, but how the heck is Rotom-Fan referred to as "Rotom-S?"
S stands for spin.

surely its rotom freeze/freezer not rotom fridge too...

Too many people switching/keeping Rotom-W into my Excadrill then eat a Mold Breaker Earthquake for being too stupid.

There's also this guy who's only got Skarmory left and chose to stall out the game while I taunted him to die from Brave Bird recoil. When he finally ran out of PP, he decided not to do anything to force me to forfeit. It took about a couple of minutes for me to figure out what he intended on doing and noticed the battle timer was off. Needless to say, I pressed the button to finally end his misery. Kudos to him for being determined though.

Last edited:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-88196966

Another battle with a little silliness. Keeping, what I can only surmise as a Choice Spec/Scarf Heatran in against Barbaracle... And, for some weird reason, Air Balloon Gardevoir.

I am amazed by the synergy in this team.

(sorry for the vague description but it's only a few turns long and I really don't want to spoil what happens because it's too hilarious)
Shedinja on the same team as a damaging weather bringer? *facepalm*

Random Shit volume 30: Good Thing I'm Not Using Roman Numerals for This One Edition
-Stone Edge+Lava Plume Heatran.
-Sub+Curse Trevenant, which is a damn quick way to trip a Sitrus Berry.
-Several turns of a whole lot of nothing: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/oumonotype-88165690
-Archeops using Ancient Power on turns 1 and 2. And getting the boost both times. But then it had both Acrobatics and Wing Attack, and was holding something.
-Fake Out Ludicolo.
-Dragon Claw+Hidden Power Aggron. And Focus Punch without a sub.
-Quick Claw Milotic. It activated on a turn it used Dragon Tail.
-Electro Ball Rotom-W. Without a Scarf.
-Rhyperior Thunderpunching and Dragon Tailing a Whimsicott.
-Facade Scrafty. Would have been even funnier if it had Shed Skin, but no confirmation on that.
-Roar Mamoswine is one thing. Using it on Espeon is another thing entirely.
-Tangela.
-Audino.
-SD+U-turn M-Scizor.
-Destiny Bond Trevenant, against a Dusclops spamming Fire Punch. Said Dusclops also had Brick Break (which allowed it to avoid DB) and Frisk.
-Shadow Claw Garchomp. What exactly are you hitting with that, Gengar?
-Moonblast+Ice Punch stall Clefable without Magic Guard.
-Sucker Punch Rotom-W.
-Flame Charge Talonflame. Gotta go fast.
-"Talonflame Check" was the nickname one guy gave to his... Gigalith.
-Explosion Smeargle.
-Y-zard and T-tar on the same team. More crazy weather than Indiana. And that's saying something.
-Ominous Wind Dusclops, which gave it the boost. Twice.
-Body Slam Aggron.
-Wise Glasses Togekiss, stolen by a Thief+Sucker Punch Shedinja.
-Frustration Garchomp.
-Shadow Claw non-mega Absol.
-A Bulk Up Talonflame that had WoW instead of a Fire STAB.
-Focus Sash+Counter Pikachu.

michaeloche Are you intentionally backwards laddering to see these things, or you just making them up. I find it highly unlikely that someone can see all of these terrible things so frequently. And Zard Y + TTar isn't silly at all. SD + U-turn Scizor has its uses, Gigalith does check Talonflame, and W-o-W is an option on BU Talonflame.

michaeloche Are you intentionally backwards laddering to see these things, or you just making them up. I find it highly unlikely that someone can see all of these terrible things so frequently. And Zard Y + TTar isn't silly at all. SD + U-turn Scizor has its uses, Gigalith does check Talonflame, and W-o-W is an option on BU Talonflame.
I am clicking on the Replays button on PS, then looking through stuff. It's a goldmine.

As for Gigalith, it does check Talonflame, but there's stuff that does it better in general, like Tyranitar and Rotom-W.

I just battled someone who had a pretty solid team, but I had managed to trick my Scarf from Rotom onto his Breloom. Rotom died, and it was the last turn, Breloom vs +2 Terrakion.

He used Spore.

Random Shit volume 30: Good Thing I'm Not Using Roman Numerals for This One Edition
-Several turns of a whole lot of nothing: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/oumonotype-88165690
-Archeops using Ancient Power on turns 1 and 2. And getting the boost both times. But then it had both Acrobatics and Wing Attack, and was holding something.
-Fake Out Ludicolo.
-Facade Scrafty. Would have been even funnier if it had Shed Skin, but no confirmation on that.
-Tangela.
-Audino.
-SD+U-turn M-Scizor.
-Destiny Bond Trevenant, against a Dusclops spamming Fire Punch. Said Dusclops also had Brick Break (which allowed it to avoid DB) and Frisk.
-Sucker Punch Rotom-W.
-Explosion Smeargle.
-Y-zard and T-tar on the same team. More crazy weather than Indiana. And that's saying something.
-Body Slam Aggron.
-Frustration Garchomp.
Shadow Claw Garchomp? Well there's a counter to Gardy, if you don't wanna run Iron Head.

It was neither. I've ran the calcs. If it was Scarfed, it would have outsped Zoroark, and if it was Specs, it would've done much more damage. The wierd thing is, if it had Assault Vest, it would have taken Night Daze a lot better. So I'm assuming it was EBelt or something. Which would be kinda understandable, if the calcs didn't tell me that he was probably running no SpA EVs at all.

Maybe he thought that 3 EQ resistant Pokemon wasn't enough, and that bluffing Scarf/Specs on his Physically Defensive Heatran was far too important.
Well I was too busy raising eyebrows at it to do the calcs but I see your point.

I am clicking on the Replays button on PS, then looking through stuff. It's a goldmine.

As for Gigalith, it does check Talonflame, but there's stuff that does it better in general, like Tyranitar and Rotom-W.
Avalugg does it as well believe it or not... if you remember to use Recover when needed and use Avalanche. The physical bulk of it works for checking Talonflame, and a good number of physical dragons too (especially Garchomp)

random noobish stuff In Ubers.
physical blissey using brickbreak egg bomb protect aromatherapy
dark void spam.....on mega mewtwo Y
special terakion with rocks, EVs invested in sp. Atk
a guy who loved his in game team so much he still had all HMs on the pokemon
dunsparce in ubers, need I say more?​

random noobish stuff In Ubers.
physical blissey using brickbreak egg bomb protect aromatherapy
dark void spam.....on mega mewtwo Y
special terakion with rocks, EVs invested in sp. Atk
a guy who loved his in game team so much he still had all HMs on the pokemon
dunsparce in ubers, need I say more?​
I actually did Dark Void spam on MewY before I realized it had insomnia. More of a new gen 6 thing than being a noob, per se.

-Fake Out Ludicolo.
-Tangela.
-Audino.
-SD+U-turn M-Scizor.
-Sucker Punch Rotom-W.
-Explosion Smeargle.
-Body Slam Aggron.
-Frustration Garchomp.
I think I saw that same scrafty! I remember watching a replay, and scrafty gets burned, and I was waiting for shed skin and then.... Facade.

Also, I am super guily of running a ancientpower serene grace jirachi with investment in bulk, and I won't even lie, when you get the boosts in a row, you feel like "SO THIS IS WHAT ITS LIKE TO BE A LEGENDARY IN THE ANIME"!!!

Star

is a Tournament Directoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Top Tiering Contributoris a Past SPL Championis the defending RU Circuit Championis a Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OGC & Tour Head
-Fake Out Ludicolo.
-Tangela.
-Audino.
-SD+U-turn M-Scizor.
-Sucker Punch Rotom-W.
-Explosion Smeargle.
-Body Slam Aggron.
-Frustration Garchomp.
A lot of these things are very viable. Charizard Y + Tyranitar is one of the best offensive cores in OU as Ttar removes important Char-Y checks like Lati@s. Audino is also a very viable cleric with Regenerator and good bulk. Eviolite Tangela is an absolute Physically defensive monster and has a nice 100 SpAtk to boot. SD + U-turn Scizor lets it function as a pivot and late game cleaner assuming it has Bullet Punch.

A lot of these things are very viable. Charizard Y + Tyranitar is one of the best offensive cores in OU as Ttar removes important Char-Y checks like Lati@s. Audino is also a very viable cleric with Regenerator and good bulk. Eviolite Tangela is an absolute Physically defensive monster and has a nice 100 SpAtk to boot. SD + U-turn Scizor lets it function as a pivot and late game cleaner assuming it has Bullet Punch.
Yeah but the fact that opponent was using an Audino and a Tangela in OU is not right since for what purpose do they serve when they severely get outclassed there (Blissey and Ferrothorn)

Star

is a Tournament Directoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Top Tiering Contributoris a Past SPL Championis the defending RU Circuit Championis a Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OGC & Tour Head
Yeah but the fact that opponent was using an Audino and a Tangela in OU is not right since for what purpose do they serve when they severely get outclassed there (Blissey and Ferrothorn)
Audino isn't outclassed by Blissey lol. Regenerator means it doesn't have to heal itself. Tangela has much more attacking power than Ferrothorn and again has Regenerator to heal itself.

Also, I am super guily of running a ancientpower serene grace jirachi with investment in bulk, and I won't even lie, when you get the boosts in a row, you feel like "SO THIS IS WHAT ITS LIKE TO BE A LEGENDARY IN THE ANIME"!!!
Totally. Hax for boosts once or twice and then baton pass to something a bit more threatening, and then fucking GG.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 8)