Other Silly Things You've Seen On The OU Ladder: V2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I might as well list the sily things in this battle.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-87948231
  1. Using Infestation... then switching out.
  2. Mixed Charizard... no Mega-Stone.
  3. Looking at Damage calcs... His Azumarill must be horrid in offence and/or not have Huge Power. a propwer physical Azumarill could OHKO my Zoroark (No def EV's)
  4. Hidden Power Excadrill... Arceus above... It has 50 base SpA! Just... Why!?
  5. Superpower against Gardy... Tho's 4x weak and the Deoxys-Defence had Dark Pulse as well.
  6. Finally the only non silly but flipping lucky thing was Gardy surviving the hit with 5/340 HP... If that Charizard had gone mega maybe then my foe would have list...
Yeah... I thnk I meet the ones who caught the dumb.
You still only just won that battle... (you even was down 6-2 at one point)

So with inspiration from the attract post, I think I was called a variety of names on an alt...

My response was... you know you could just switch...

but people kept baton passing the attract...
Attract isn't passed by BP.
Edit: I know it may look like it on PS, but the effects don't transfer.

Sets up Mega Charizard X to +2 with DD, then uses Fire Blast.
Uses Munchlax in OU. That Munchlax has leftovers and not Eviolite. That Munchlax has Zen Headbutt.
Runs Swords Dance + Protect Empoleon...I thought, "it would not be the worst thing ever, if it did not run Protect", then i saw it using Hidden Power.

Too bad you OHKO'd Malamar before it could move and he forfeited before revealing Scrafty's set :[
I have Focus Blast on my cartridge MZardX. Maybe not super optimal, but the combination of fighting coverage and having a nice big Special stick to beat through certain opponents is nice.

Yeah, if it wasn't because the only thing it did was attacking and nothing else. Not implying Pressure on Lugia is silly in general (I saw one with Toxic, Subs and Whirlwind, there I can see its utility), but it was in that concrete case.

EDIT: The first turns of this battle (and the last one): http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-87849887
That was painful the whole way through…mixed boosting Absol that then runs Foul Play? Cosmic Power boosting against a Blissey running SToss? Even if he was trying to max out Stored Power's BP…

252+ SpA Sigilyph Stored Power (260 BP) vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Blissey: 306-360 (42.8 - 50.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

And I can see forgetting about Magic Bounce once and accidentally trying to lay SR (because I do that all the time), but then to try to WW right after AND THEN DO IT AGAIN LATER!? What baffles me is how these people find Showdown when they clearly don't spend any time at all learning about the game...

That was painful the whole way through…mixed boosting Absol that then runs Foul Play? Cosmic Power boosting against a Blissey running SToss? Even if he was trying to max out Stored Power's BP…

252+ SpA Sigilyph Stored Power (260 BP) vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Blissey: 306-360 (42.8 - 50.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

And I can see forgetting about Magic Bounce once and accidentally trying to lay SR (because I do that all the time), but then to try to WW right after AND THEN DO IT AGAIN LATER!? What baffles me is how these people find Showdown when they clearly don't spend any time at all learning about the game...
I think he was using whirlwind as a pseudo U turn.

On topic, this guy did not want to put up with his own web http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-87335790

woah man you need iron tail to counter specially defensive fairies like florges and incinerate to kill those pesky berry users. like those barbacles with occa berries man i mean theyre like op
incinerate is a more reliable way to kill ferrothorn than focus miss

also it lets you murder scizor and gene on the switchin!!! #yolo

jk incinerate is really random just run flamethrower or something

This wasn't OU, but this was a fairly funny match, so I'll post it anyway.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/unratedrandombattle-88174299

I'm growing fond of the random battle ladder quickly. Air Balloon Rotom-F? Bibarel? A Sawk with Life Orb and Sturdy? This was weird.
You do realize that you don't get to pick your random battle teams, right? Each and every Pokemon has an equal chance of being selected. It's not like any of the other silly things where people actually manually picked the weird sets or Pokemon. And Air Balloon Rotom-S (NOT Rotom-F, that's Rotom-Fridge. Rotom-S means Rotom-Spin) is just a joke.

Anyway, I recently saw a Choice Specs Clefable. While this isn't THAT strange, what makes it really weird is that it also had Stealth Rock.

Last edited:
1. viable tactic, guarantees a free switch as you cant switch the same turn
2. yeah bit silly, maybe he forgot to tick the mega button on several turns tho who knows
3. Sap sipper is a somewhat viable gimmick and its definitely unexpected
4. Yeah this is terrible
5. Im gonna guess he forgot your zoroark was gone and therefore that was the real gardy????
6. Even with all his 'Silly' plays he was 5hp away from beating you by a pretty big margin.... Tho your team isn't conventional OU by any means
You still only just won that battle... (you even was down 6-2 at one point)
I prefer battles that are down to the wire, makes them more fun. And I just use mons that have served me well thus far, heck the only ones on the team that haven't sweeped yet are Avalugg and Barbaracle... It's a habit of mine to use non-OU in OU.

Speking of which someone dared try to use a one mon team of Klefki against me... And all I needed was Zoroark's Flamethrower twice and the thing went down. Maybe he chose the wrong meta?

You do realize that you don't get to pick your random battle teams, right? Each and every Pokemon has an equal chance of being selected. It's not like any of the other silly things where people actually manually picked the weird sets or Pokemon. And Air Balloon Rotom-S (NOT Rotom-F, that's Rotom-Fridge) is just a joke.
I know, it's just pretty funny that there are such crazy sets in the randomizer. I can't imagine that so many half-functional sets were put together by chance, so I've got to assume that whoever coded random battles had a few laughs doing so.

I can understand Rotom-F being Rotom-Fridge instead of Rotom-Fan, but how the heck is Rotom-Fan referred to as "Rotom-S?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)