SPOILERS! Scarlet & Violet: The Teal Mask

Just finished mt first play session. Felt really fun, I like the setting. I feel the level scaling is weird though.

to make matters worse, they gave weavile shitty icicle spear and not triple axel
Icicle Spear is a 100-125 BP move with 100% accuracy with dice. Triple Axel has an average BP in the 90's with about a 70% chance to hit 120 BP. Icicle Spear is fine. It just trades a small bit of power some of the time for consistency.

Weird in what sense?
I did as Centro suggested and caught a new wild Pokemon (Morpeko) and Poltchageist to start chilling and make a new party.

I did a few battles and it went well and then I fought a random Level 75 guy with

-Light Clay Grimmsnarl dual stab
-Gardevoir (crit didn't see the set)
-Quiver Dance Sticky Web Ribombee
-CM Clefable with Flamethrower

I lost because I didn't have my main game party but it felt like those were adequate elsewhere. Not even sure if a level scaling issue per se or just what is intended.

I feel like if the intention is to have trainers like that at random points of the world, other trainers in general should be more challenging.

Icicle Spear is a 100-125 BP move with 100% accuracy with dice. Triple Axel has an average BP in the 90's with about a 70% chance to hit 120 BP. Icicle Spear is fine. It just trades a small bit of power some of the time for consistency.
it doesnt want to run dice though. band and boots are both super valuable for weavile. the opportunity cost is very high for only a relatively low increase in power as compared to smth like crash or spinner

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)