SPOILERS! Scarlet & Violet Leaks Thread - Data/Mechanics

Late to the party, but really glad Zamazenta has Body Press now.

Fat Garchomp with Spikes is something purely demonic, for sure.

Pex can still use Chilling Water, which might actually be more consistently debilitating as its opponent stays in, but it at least can't inflict permanent burns. Good news is that Defiant gets BOOSTED by the move and Clear Body Pokemon are unaffected by it.

Paradox Hydreigon and Volcarona-F both losing their most important boosting moves. You'd think they'd learned from UBs and then there is the broken shit that is Flutter Mane.

Seein everyone hype up Meowscarada..is it really that good? The movepool isn’t THAT diverse, and Grass/Dark is a pitiful typing.
Look at its stats.

Then look at its ability.

Then look at its signature move.

It's a better greninja except for the 4x weakness to u-turn. Which it learns, thus being able to do the same shit Cinderace did of spamming banded stab U-turns

Seein everyone hype up Meowscarada..is it really that good? The movepool isn’t THAT diverse, and Grass/Dark is a pitiful typing.
i mean it has great stabs + knock and can also just be a u-turn spammer like cinderace last gen. the typing is fine, has good coverage between stabs and it's not like meowscarada is gonna be a wall. in fact the resists the typing does have could give it good opportunities to switch in. tho i do agree that for a protean abuser its coverage is a bit lacking

I thought of that since the signature move is REALLY strong, however usually the pokemon that run these "suicide + heal ally" moves are defensive pokes like Latias and Cresselia, the latter mostly running it as a way to more quickly bring in a TR sweeper...
I don't think you're willing to bring what's essentially a potential deadweight mon just for that move. Unless a strategy develops that's centralized around a single pokemon sweeping, but whenever that's the cause, it's more a indication of that given pokemon being broken.
Let's say, hypothetically, that a format exists which allows centralisation to a much greater degree.

Let's further suggest that said format, on the game's release, has two Pokemon that are vastly superior to anything else in the format, and are additionally very useful for supporting the rest of your team, making it very important to keep them alive. And maybe this meta looks to be extremely offense-based and rocket taggy.

Let's yet further suppose this meta has a prominent setter of electric terrain, and no viable ways to overwrite that terrain (e.g. if basically zero pre-Home viable mons in it learn Defog, there are no Psychic or Misty Terrain setters, and the only Grassy Terrain setter is hopelessly unviable), allowing an Electric/Fighting mon to maintain some measure of offensive presence so it isn't completely dead weight.

That seems like a meta where Pawmot might shine, no? :p

With the removal of the daycare, what does that mean for the ability to transfer egg moves through the nursery like you could in gen 8? Is that something you can do in picnics, or is that another QoL improvement that Gamefreak scrapped?

Here are some additional moves that I don't know the usage of: https://pastebin.com/VkW9XNZ2
This was a very shitty parse, so it's in the format:
Code:
<Personal Table Index> (<Monster No.>):
    <Move No.>
These may be the move tutors. If anyone figures it out, do message me on here so I can update my paste for them later.
Unless I'm reading this wrong this feels somewhat placeholder/wrong as Chilly Reception (move 881) is only listed on Slowking (Mon199) and slowking-g?

Code:
263 (199):

264 (199):

Let's say, hypothetically, that a format exists which allows centralisation to a much greater degree.

Let's further suggest that said format, on the game's release, has two Pokemon that are vastly superior to anything else in the format, and are additionally very useful for supporting the rest of your team, making it very important to keep them alive. And maybe this meta looks to be extremely offense-based and rocket taggy.

Let's yet further suppose this meta has a prominent setter of electric terrain, and no viable ways to overwrite that terrain (e.g. if basically zero pre-Home viable mons in it learn Defog, there are no Psychic or Misty Terrain setters, and the only Grassy Terrain setter is hopelessly unviable), allowing an Electric/Fighting mon to maintain some measure of offensive presence so it isn't completely dead weight.

That seems like a meta where Pawmot might shine, no? :p
Eh, i'm not 100% sold for now. There's also the chance people will just run Ice Roller anyway since it's a relatively decent coverage for example.

However there is the fact that Pawmot surprisingly actually doesn't suck, so it wouldn't actually need the 2 centralizing pokes in first place.

Egg move on Oshawott. Breed it in SV, transfer to PLA through home (it'll lose the move in PLA, but it'll remember it when it returns to the main game). Evolve there. Transfer back. Moveset will be restored to SV's memory.

EDIT: who knows, we may get a Hisuian Evolution method in here too.
There's no indication that Home will work like this, though.

It is very likely Gen 8 to Gen 9 is still "one way"

Also forgot to mention that while Sneasler is shaking up to be a menace, its lower tier counterpart in Toxicroak now finally gets Close Combat as well. A solid buff I must say.

Also Hisuian Lilligant looking solid as a Chlorophyll sweeper. As if Sun didn't need another reason to be worth a peek. Probably outclassed as a Sun sweeper but hey.
Looking at its movepool right now.
Does Sneasle-H get Knock Off or a strong Dark type move?
It has Close Combat, Gunk Shot, and Sword Dance. It looks like a serious threat with its Weavile like stats that having STAB Close Combat/Gunk Shot with Tera STAB Knock Off.

The fact that Miraidon gets Solar Beam is insane. Assuming Hadron Engine is +1 to its special attack and that it can hold an item,

+1 252 SpA Life Orb Miraidon Solar Beam vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Groudon: 211-250 (101.9 - 120.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO

I imagined Tera Grass would be nice for it but never mind lmao

Also, Zamazenta may actually want to forgo the Rusted Shield. It'll weaken Body Press, but critically it'll let it outspeed Miraidon and Koraidon.

1. Kirlia - 38/35/35/65/55/50 (Total: 278) - Psychic/Fairy - Synchronize/Trace/Telepathy
  2. Evolutions:
  3. 0:
  4. Level: 30
  5. Condition: LEVELUP
  6. Parameters: [0, 0, 0, 0]
  7. Species: Gardevoir
  8. Form: 0
  9. 1:
  10. Level: 30
  11. Condition: ITEM_MALE
  12. Parameters: [93, 0, 0, 0]
  13. Species: Gallade
  14. Form: 0
Am I misreading this? Is this saying that Kirlia now evolves into Gallade at level 30 if it's male?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)