Rutgers student commits suicide after being spied on

Does this change the point that America and Americans care about Gay rights way way way more than Japan (and a whole slew of other countries/cultures who don't give a rat's ass about Gays or tolerance in general)?
No. But it shows how America seriously lags behind a good amount of other developed countries. Being the most "developed" country in the world doesnt mean shit when 2 people of the same sex cant even marry (at least in like 45 states). I mean cmon, didnt Nepal legalize gay marriage or something? Or isnt it in the process of legalizing it? This is Nepal we're talking about. While in America you have things like Prop 8, DOMA, and an appeal when DADT is deemed unconstitutional. I think you can understand my frustration when I see news that Nepal is making a move toward gay marriage while this country does what I appointed above. Bragging about gay rights in America seems a bit odd to me, considering its far behind Europe in that aspect. Just because homosexuals have it very fucking hard in some countries and dont have to worry about getting jumped here (at least in most areas) doesnt mean America is a bastion of homosexuality. Ok im just rambling now but I think you get my point. What I kinda got from your post was kind of a "be happy with what you have now because at least you have some freedom" when a 2nd class citizen is still a 2nd class citizen. 2 wrongs dont make a right.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)