SPOILERS! Pokemon Sword and Shield Datamine Thread

Man, watch the Ghost Horse, the least liked out of the two horses, be extremely broken somehow.
Mono Ghost may be better than Mono Ice, but IIRC Rapid-Strike Urshifu was liked more than Single-Strike mainly because of the typing and fear of Fairy types. Yet, Single-Strike proved itself to be be more useful.

If the leaks are indeed true, then I think the Ghost Horse has more in-house competition with Dragapult, Gengar, maybe even Aegislash. It also doesn't help that if it's Special oriented, it could may as well be your standard Ghost distribution with weak Defense. Pursuit may be gone, but Sucker Punch and Knock Off could be an issue. Not to mention Chansey, Blissey being a pan in the ass for it. Potential coverage moves seen on other horses are also seem to be way more physical. Zen Headbutt, High Horsepower, Heavy Slam, Wild Charge, Play Rough, EQ, Rock Slide, CC etc.

Naturally, Ice Horse could face issues as well, but a potentially stronger STAB compared to Icicle Crash, or at least a similar base power one with 100% accuracy would be a blessing. Obligatory HDB also says hello. Maybe even AV could be viable, heck, with just usable Special Attack, Freeze-Dry for some surprises if it gets it.

So again, assuming the leaks are true, I lean towards Ice Horse, both in design and potential. Don't destroy me, GF. :"D

Mono Ghost may be better than Mono Ice, but IIRC Rapid-Strike Urshifu was liked more than Single-Strike mainly because of the typing and fear of Fairy types. Yet, Single-Strike proved itself to be be more useful.

If the leaks are indeed true, then I think the Ghost Horse has more in-house competition with Dragapult, Gengar, maybe even Aegislash. It also doesn't help that if it's Special oriented, it could may as well be your standard Ghost distribution with weak Defense. Pursuit may be gone, but Sucker Punch and Knock Off could be an issue. Not to mention Chansey, Blissey being a pan in the ass for it. Potential coverage moves seen on other horses are also seem to be way more physical. Zen Headbutt, High Horsepower, Heavy Slam, Wild Charge, Play Rough, EQ, Rock Slide, CC etc.

Naturally, Ice Horse could face issues as well, but a potentially stronger STAB compared to Icicle Crash, or at least a similar base power one with 100% accuracy would be a blessing. Obligatory HDB also says hello. Maybe even AV could be viable, heck, with just usable Special Attack, Freeze-Dry for some surprises if it gets it.

So again, assuming the leaks are true, I lean towards Ice Horse, both in design and potential. Don't destroy me, GF. :"D
The wild card factor is the Galarian bird trio. Landorus and regular Zapdos are also slated to infest the most prominent metagames once again. If they all turn out to be considerable threats, Ice STAB may be in high demand. Electric too, but Regieleki faces stiff competition from returning contenders Koko and Xurkitree.

No, the problem is yours.
Keep saying they are fake.
Why should the center show fake stuff?
They are reliable and the past proves it.
And they certainly don't need to get attention.
You can read the past twenty pages of the thread to find out. I'm done elaborating on this, but I will summarize.
  1. Centro is a distributor, not an actual leaker. They buy their information from anonymous sources.
  2. We have no means of gauging the credibility of those sources. It is realistic for a competent artist to scam Centro for the cash prize.
  3. Centro's handling of this information has been suspicious. Notably, they failed to turn up anything on Galarian Slowking.
Personally, I am on the fence. There are good reasons to be skeptical. You are not giving good reasons to put that skepticism aside.

Either way, we have less than 24 hours until we know for sure. So know your role and step off.

You can read the past twenty pages of the thread to find out. I'm done elaborating on this, but I will summarize.
  1. Centro is a distributor, not an actual leaker. They buy their information from anonymous sources.
  2. We have no means of gauging the credibility of those sources. It is realistic for a competent artist to scam Centro for the cash prize.
  3. Centro's handling of this information has been suspicious. Notably, they failed to turn up anything on Galarian Slowking.
Personally, I am on the fence. There are good reasons to be skeptical. You are not giving good reasons to put that skepticism aside.

Either way, we have less than 24 hours until we know for sure. So know your role and step off.
Do you think those in Centro are so stupid?
They will have verified. Anyway we'll see tomorrow and calm down.

Do you think those in Centro are so stupid?
They will have verified. Anyway we'll see tomorrow and calm down.
I regularly frequent a Magic: the Gathering forum that creates threads on any MTG rumor, leak, or preview it sees. The forum has locked and archived many a fake (and occasionally a real, I believe). We've also looked back at leaks of what were later implied to be playtest cards with some amount of humour.

Yes, I do believe that Centro--or any other forum, or especially the MTG one I frequent--is stupid enough to publicly broadcast non-100%-trusted sources.

Aaaand things like that made me remind why I dislike Centro Pokemon so much... Those attention seeker little bastards lmao
Yeah, that and the white knighting aint doing good things for the credibility of these "leaks". We're currently less than 24 hours from the launch of home, there will be plenty of time for "I told you So"s and extracting apologies from people, like me, calling it fake after the DLC drops if it all winds up being true. All this fervant defending by others is doing is making the idea that they got duped by a really good fake even more credible.

I regularly frequent a Magic: the Gathering forum that creates threads on any MTG rumor, leak, or preview it sees. The forum has locked and archived many a fake (and occasionally a real, I believe). We've also looked back at leaks of what were later implied to be playtest cards with some amount of humour.

Yes, I do believe that Centro--or any other forum, or especially the MTG one I frequent--is stupid enough to publicly broadcast non-100%-trusted sources.
If Centro disclosed them, it is because they have evidence, but we'll see in a few hours.

Last edited:

Solace

royal flush
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I don't really care if the horses are real or fake but the idea with leaks I'd imagine is having enough "true" info that people can never rule you out. It looks like the birds, for example, are legit - but that doesn't automatically make everything else true. And if they end up being fake, the leakers can always lean back on "well, maybe GF tweaked some stuff between this leaked data and launch but we were right about the other stuff" so unless you post straight up garbage, it isn't the most damaging thing that could happen.

The back and forth about whether one specific guy is legit or not seems pointless to me. If he gets all of it right, then it's good for him and his website and people will start to trust it going forward. You don't just automatically get trust on the internet, this would be the chance to earn it.

Yeah, that and the white knighting aint doing good things for the credibility of these "leaks". We're currently less than 24 hours from the launch of home, there will be plenty of time for "I told you So"s and extracting apologies from people, like me, calling it fake after the DLC drops if it all winds up being true. All this fervant defending by others is doing is making the idea that they got duped by a really good fake even more credible.
That makes absolutely no sense. Why would people believing the leaks or not even be a factor regarding whether or not they're fake.

Sounds to me like y'all hatin, ngl. Lmao

Besides, outside of some jokes and laughs, there's no consequence to being right or wrong about believing it or not.

I think the horses are real. If I'm wrong, so be it.

RoiDadadou

Nothing less... from a king.
is a Pre-Contributor
Okay guys, I did the maths using the different dates on the Pokemon website, which aren't the same depending on the country (23 for French and Spanish people, and 22 for Americans, for example), and thanks to some good placements, I can affirm that it will be released between 2 and 5 am GMT 0, at the latest. I used the timezone of the most eastern region of South America for that, so it could be an hour or so before what I mentionned.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 8)