Pokemon Black and White (SPECULATIONS ALLOWED HERE)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Upstart

Copy Cat
I realized my problem with having pure water and pure grass starters is that then they give us the monkeys to accomplish the same thing of type awareness for the little ones. Why do we need both.

You do realize Infernape has no hopes of breaking through that spread of Ononokusu, right? Close Combat from physically based MixApe does 28.4% - 33.6% to 252 HP / 252 Def +Def nature.

I hope the Dark/Dragon gets a cool ability that lets him absorb status (specifically Will-o-Wisp), so it can trap Rotom-A with Pursuit.
You wouldn't use Infernape on Ononokusu. I believe it was suggested against the Dark/Dragon type.

Ononokusu is slower than Cloyster if the obviously-fake Base Stats are true. All sorts of things can come in on it's base 100 Attack (other than it's STAB moves, which are resisted by Steel) and set up on it/force it out.

I'd like to see an Ice/Water that's half way between the two, like a slush pokemon. You level it up with a water item and it evolves in to a pure water type, or you level it up with an ice item and it evolves in to a pure ice type.

I'd like to see an Ice/Water that's half way between the two, like a slush pokemon. You level it up with a water item and it turns in to a pure water type, or you level it up with an ice item and it turns in to a pure ice type.
One of the sources of rumors (Melkor? I don't recall) stated that there won't be any branch evolutions this time.

MK Ultra

BOOGEYMAN
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
What? I wasn't claiming it was serious, thats why I said speculation at the end. I was just saying to imagine a pokemon like that, and two pseudo-legendaries certainly isn't impossible - Salamence and Metagross.

Sorry if anyone took me seriously.

Ahh man. I might suggest that for the next CAP then.

We could feasibly see a pokemon that is water typing in spring and summer, and ice typing in fall and winter then. Or grass in spring, fire in summer, ground in fall and ice in winter.

I bet it would end up being a novelty pokemon like Castform, however. I don't think we'll see the Smogon guides accounting for seasonal variation too much in the movesets when it comes to considering pokemon for OU, at least not this generation. But it would be awesome to see a nice, powerful pokemon with movesets that have to be altered every couple of months, or suddenly seeing one pokemon appear in everyone's teams in the summer when its type changes in favour of a certain moveset and having to alter your teams to counter that.

You do realize Infernape has no hopes of breaking through that spread of Ononokusu, right? Close Combat from physically based MixApe does 28.4% - 33.6% to 252 HP / 252 Def +Def nature.

I hope the Dark/Dragon gets a cool ability that lets him absorb status (specifically Will-o-Wisp), so it can trap Rotom-A with Pursuit.
it was mentioned be a pseudo legendary, and as such the dark/dragon hydra. so at least it couldnt switch into ape, which doesnt matter since its fake.

On the subject of speculating treats, let us pay attention yet again to the carvanha fish that is Basurao.

pokebeach said:
Basurao - Violent Pokemon - Water - Reckless / Adaptability.
Adaptability on a water type pokemon would be pretty scary, given how much coverage water-typed moves have. Also revealed in an earlier scan, the fish is stated to be able to learn aqua jet. If its stats are like infernape's or maybe even kingdra, it would be able to break walls from both ends of the spectrum with ease.

It could also be used on a rain team to weaken the opponent's walls. With rain in effect, Basurao's Aqua Jet effectively has the base power of 120. Other moves like Hydro Pump, Surf and Waterfall would also have their base power boosted up to unbelievable levels.

For instance, Hydro pump has a base power of 240 outside of rain - Thats stronger than a STABed Draco Meteor!

We could feasibly see a pokemon that is water typing in spring and summer, and ice typing in fall and winter then. Or grass in spring, fire in summer, ground in fall and ice in winter.

I bet it would end up being a novelty pokemon like Castform, however. I don't think we'll see the Smogon guides accounting for seasonal variation too much in the movesets when it comes to considering pokemon for OU, at least not this generation. But it would be awesome to see a nice, powerful pokemon with movesets that have to be altered every couple of months, or suddenly seeing one pokemon appear in everyone's teams in the summer when its type changes in favour of a certain moveset and having to alter your teams to counter that.
As interesting as this is, it could get REALLY annoying.

Also, seasons last one month in Black/White, so what worked on the 31st of January could become useless on the 1st of February.

I'd also like to note that in one of the Scans, the Big-Deer had an Antler attack, and its antlers change depending on the Season. We may have a seasonal attack already.

One of the sources of rumors (Melkor? I don't recall) stated that there won't be any branch evolutions this time.
I really liked the branched evolutions.... some really cool pokemon came out of it. :(

Alternate forms seem to stupid to me because if they act like Rotom does on WiFi it will be pointless.

They definitely need a Fire/Normal type seeing as now we have Grass and Water counterparts.

On the subject of speculating treats, let us pay attention yet again to the carvanha fish that is Basurao.

Adaptability on a water type pokemon would be pretty scary, given how much coverage water-typed moves have. Also revealed in an earlier scan, the fish is stated to be able to learn aqua jet. If its stats are like infernape's or maybe even kingdra, it would be able to break walls from both ends of the spectrum with ease.

It could also be used on a rain team to weaken the opponent's walls. With rain in effect, Basurao's Aqua Jet effectively has the base power of 120. Other moves like Hydro Pump, Surf and Waterfall would also have their base power boosted up to unbelievable levels.

For instance, Hydro pump has a base power of 240 outside of rain - Thats stronger than a STABed Draco Meteor!
Given that the rumors have it not evolving, I'm thinking that Basurao is going to have Base Stats more on par with Quilfish than Kingdra. 65/95/75/55/55/85.

I wouldn't get my hopes up.

Also consider Vaporeon, the most common Water Absorb sporter gets Hydration to play around with >:D This little fish could be quite a Wall Breaker with Aqua Tail/Waterfall and Surf/Hydro Pump. Looking into the likes of Seaking/Milotic for possible moveset trends, it probably won't get much for type coverage since it lacks a horn/apparently dragon-esqueness. However, if its jaw is as suggets to be slightly similair to Carvanha, then it could get the fangs and Crunch. That wouldn't give it much for type coverage but is still better than nothing.

Adaptibility only boosts its Water attacks and Pokemon like Vaporeon and Suicune will still be able to take its HP Electric with ease, since I don't think it's going to have very high stats since Gamefreak will want to balance its power from Adaptibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)