Pokemon Black and White (SPECULATIONS ALLOWED HERE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I missed all the news of the past few days. Just saw the starter evos in CoroCoro. Without a doubt the worst set of starters ever conceived, including fakes. Seriously, GF have hired absolute morons to design these things. Pokabu's evolutions... what the fuck, why? The other two look pretty good at second stage, but having seen what they become... WHY?

Denchura does look excellent, though - Compoundeyes + Thunder and/or Megahorn is awesome, and it may get Hydro Pump or Blizzard as well. But I can't be too please about it because of the utterly fucking shittily horrible disgustingly crappy bollocks starters. ARGH.
lol Megahorn. It would be nice, but considering -Pinsir- doesn't even get it...yeah. I'm hoping it gets Glare and Hypnosis to abuse, (it makes sense with it's multiple eyes) and a Sp.Atk stat of at least 90.

Now that almost everyone has gotten over the starter evos,i`d like to point out a pokemon which can be gamebreaking...the pseudolegend

If a Dark/Dragon type,it means

4x weaknesses - none
2x weaknesses - Dragon,Fighting,Ice,Bug

2x resistances - Fire,Grass,water,electric,ghost,dark
immunities - Psychic

If it is like beldum and has no egg moves,it may be a standard, but having access to outrage and draco meteor already make it very strong...and the wonderful dragon typing ,resistance to pursuit and neutrality to SR too

I wonder if this implies a change in the type effectiveness chart or else good luck taking it down if it has decent defensive stats
Steel Type still resists its STAB, so I don't think much has changed.

MK Ultra

BOOGEYMAN
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Now that almost everyone has gotten over the starter evos,i`d like to point out a pokemon which can be gamebreaking...the pseudolegend

4x weaknesses - none

immunities - Psychic

If it is like beldum and has no egg moves,it may be a standard, but having access to outrage and draco meteor already make it very strong...and the wonderful dragon typing ,resistance to pursuit and neutrality to SR too

I wonder if this implies a change in the type effectiveness chart or else good luck taking it down if it has decent defensive stats
Melkor's twitter: It [Ononokusu] will be the first defensively oriented pseudo legend. It will fit in Stall like an absolute pro, and its stats will be:

130/100/130/60/130/50

Imagine:

Hippowdon/Blissey/Tentacruel/Skarmory/Vaporeon/Ononokusu.[/speculation]

Melkor's twitter: It [Ononokusu] will be the first defensively oriented pseudo legend. It will fit in Stall like an absolute pro, and its stats will be:

130/100/130/60/130/50

Imagine:

Oh God, it's like Cresselia with good typing.

AND better defences. Jesus christ.

Although that team you posted needs a Rotom-A for spin blocking :)

Dragon is a decent special defensive type. It resits electric, fire, grass, and water. Unfortunately ice is a used with electric and water alot. Fire and dragon are a good type combination and if it(Ono) becomes popular, so might fire+dragon. Forunately it seems like most fire types (not named heatran) would need to use hp dragon at least. And electric/ice might not be that threatening, since hp ice is most common alonside tbolt, most electrics don't learn ice beam.

It is also neutral to pretty much all common physical attacks, other than ice punch or dragon attacks.

What would have been really nice is if the starters weren't water/grass/fire at all. Although it would require a complete restructure of the games storylines. We wouldn't feasibly be able to start in a small town surrounded primarily by normal-type pokemon if one of the starters was a ghost, for example.

I'd welcome having a snowy mountain town as the protagonists home, however. Or maybe starting on an island. There isn't anything wrong with the current games' stories, but I suppose it would be a nice change. But then again, being surrounded by weak normal-type pokemon and bugs is the only logical way, at the moment, to start a game. Then you progress up to 'harder' types like dragons and legendaries.

I was just wondering if people would welcome other types as starters, instead of the predictable water/fire/grass. It would definitely get rid of complaints that arise from comparisons with older starters, such as the "Oh not another fire/fighting" pokemon.

Almost every non legendary dragon type that isnt part water has access to a Fire move and EQ too
Just pointing out that Dark/Dragon isn't all it's cracked up to be. Depending on it's actual stats, it could be KO'd by any number of things. If it's slow enough, Infernape could come in on a Swords Dance and scare it out with Close Combat.

Theorymoning, while interesting, can't really be done with just it's typing.

Upstart

Copy Cat

130/100/130/60/130/50

Imagine:

If this is true which I beleive it is I am sad as I had high offensive hopes for Ononokusu. However it is nice to see stall get a pseudo to use unfortunately he seems like he could be even more broken then blissey as he can take hits from both sides. Hopefully he will get a healing move but even rest sleep talk dragon tail will be a hell of a combo

What would have been really nice is if the starters weren't water/grass/fire at all. Although it would require a complete restructure of the games storylines. We wouldn't feasibly be able to start in a small town surrounded primarily by normal-type pokemon if one of the starters was a ghost, for example.

I'd welcome having a snowy mountain town as the protagonists home, however. Or maybe starting on an island. There isn't anything wrong with the current games' stories, but I suppose it would be a nice change. But then again, being surrounded by weak normal-type pokemon and bugs is the only logical way, at the moment, to start a game. Then you progress up to 'harder' types like dragons and legendaries.

I was just wondering if people would welcome other types as starters, instead of the predictable water/fire/grass. It would definitely get rid of complaints that arise from comparisons with older starters, such as the "Oh not another fire/fighting" pokemon.

flying/rock/fighting is a feasible for a new trio. all SE and resists one, NVE and weak to the other.
Although it would mean a pure flying, but we're already getting one this thread, so why not?
Although it would cause riots if the fighting became fire/fighting.

So it's basically a miniature Giratina, except without the Ghost/Dark weaknesses. I've never really thought about it, but Dragon is pretty good defensively. I wonder how well a defensive dragon will work in OU, especially one that slow.

Oh God, it's like Cresselia with good typing.

AND better defences. Jesus christ.

Although that team you posted needs a Rotom-A for spin blocking :)
:O

Get ready for them to make a move called "Dragon Rest" that heals 50% of your health normally, or 75% in a Sandstorm and boosts both of your defenses by 2 stages.

130/100/130/60/130/50

Imagine:

You got something wrong there, ononokusu isnt the pseudo, a new dark dragon line is. other than that, another reason to love infernape.

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Where was that information posted? I highly, highly, highly doubt that anyone would know base stats. Was this just speculation on your part? There is also the fact that Ononokusu isn't the "pseudo-legendary" of this gen.

If this is true which I beleive it is I am sad as I had high offensive hopes for Ononokusu. However it is nice to see stall get a pseudo to use unfortunately he seems like he could be even more broken then blissey as he can take hits from both sides. Hopefully he will get a healing move but even rest sleep talk dragon tail will be a hell of a combo
I think it's awesome to see a defensive pseudo. Some of the others can be excellent defensively (specifically T-Tar and Dragonite), but none of them are specifically designed for it.

Rest talking dragon tail will be hell to face.

4x weaknesses - none

immunities - Psychic

Consider that draco meteor is a move tutor in 4th gen and there's a chance of it not appearing in b/w also outrage is only obtainable via move tutor as well in 4th gen, now what if it didn't learn outrage and draco meteor naturally? It would be hilarious

You got something wrong there, ononokusu isnt the pseudo, a new dark dragon line is. other than that, another reason to love infernape.
You do realize Infernape has no hopes of breaking through that spread of Ononokusu, right? Close Combat from physically based MixApe does 28.4% - 33.6% to 252 HP / 252 Def +Def nature.

I hope the Dark/Dragon gets a cool ability that lets him absorb status (specifically Will-o-Wisp), so it can trap Rotom-A with Pursuit.

You do realize Infernape has no hopes of breaking through that spread of Ononokusu, right? Close Combat from physically based MixApe does 28.4% - 33.6% to 252 HP / 252 Def +Def nature.
And it begins...

That spread is 100% fake.
iiMKUltra was talking out his ass.

People nowadays...

I hope the Dark/Dragon gets a cool ability that lets him absorb status (specifically Will-o-Wisp), so it can trap Rotom-A with Pursuit.
A pseudolegend dragon type without a 4x weakness, I'd think they'll give it a crappy ability =>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)