Pokémon Pokébank changes discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aegislash not getting
And a quick thing about Serperior: That guy might not have much of a movepool in this metagame, but the Serperior-lovers can rejoice at the fact that Inverse exists. Grass is such an awesome offensive type there that Contrary Leaf Storms are all you really need.
Not really, I have to disagree with you pal. In OU, where things like Genesect, Dragonite, Heatran, Skarmory, Aegislash, Lati@s, Charizard X and Y are present, Leaf Storm has not the best coverage.

Not really, I have to disagree with you pal. In OU, where things like Genesect, Dragonite, Heatran, Skarmory, Aegislash, Lati@s, Charizard X and Y are present, Leaf Storm has not the best coverage.
Read the comment you quoted more closely - the poster was referring to the Inverse battle mode, where the type chart is reversed and Grass is subsequently one of the best offensive types.

Last edited:
Just read a few pages so far of the thread. Sucker punch Emboar seems very good on a choice band set.
And the most obvious move any pokemon should get is Slack off snorlax! Idk if anyone has already mentioned that but if someone could please test for it that would be wonderful.

Just read a few pages so far of the thread. Sucker punch Emboar seems very good on a choice band set.
And the most obvious move any pokemon should get is Slack off snorlax! Idk if anyone has already mentioned that but if someone could please test for it that would be wonderful.
Snorlax is obtainable in XY without Pokebank and I'm pretty sure Slack Off, as obvious a match for Snorlax as it is, has already been proven false.

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Sucker Punch is generally terrible on choiced sets.

You would only sucker punch in a safe situation where you would need it. Emboar is a wall breaker. Sucker punch gives him a much appreciated priority option.
Snorlax is obtainable in XY without Pokebank and I'm pretty sure Slack Off, as obvious a match for Snorlax as it is, has already been proven false.
False! No! It's so obvious and would be great on curse sets. That's a shame

You would only sucker punch in a safe situation where you would need it. Emboar is a wall breaker. Sucker punch gives him a much appreciated priority option.
I don't think you get it. Choice items + sucker punch = fail. Being locked into sucker punch makes you setup fodder for everything in existence, since you can't do anything as long as they don't attack you. You might as well be locked into splash.

While obviously abusable, it's not necessarily any less abusable than any other choice-locked attack, and it gives him a priority option he desperately needs.
Sucker punch is already a risking option. Especially when it's blatantly obvious. So until choice because the norm I'd suggest swimming down stream. You've already wasted a turn if they sub, once they realize you were dumb enough to Spunch while holding choice you're forced to switch giving them another turn of set up.

The only practical way I can see it used would be the surprise factor. I've tested out Choice band Banette with trick/suckerpunchordbond/shadowsneak/trickroom and because it wasn't standard, it worked. Well by worked I mean it did it's job and took down a poke while setting up trick room. That's just a gimmick though. That was back in gen 5 though, where the threats were half the number they are now.

In this scenario you have to sell the choice item hard and if you're playing an oblivious opponent it could almost backfire. All about your reads though. If you're heart set on using it nobody is stopping you, just let us know how it fairs and heed some of the things that have been said.

Can anyone test whether or not Move Tutor moves can be passed down through breeding? Or more specifically, if Gardevoir can pass down Hyper Voice?

I don't think you get it. Choice items + sucker punch = fail. Being locked into sucker punch makes you setup fodder for everything in existence, since you can't do anything as long as they don't attack you. You might as well be locked into splash.
Yes that's true. You would have to not let the opponent know you were choiced. Well idk. It is risky. Life orb set with it then

Yes that's true. You would have to not let the opponent know you were choiced. Well idk. It is risky. Life orb set with it then
Thing is Emboar doesn't exactly have that much sets to go by, let alone item choices, so it is quite difficult to attempt that bluff.

November Blue

A universe where hot chips don't exist :(
is a Contributor Alumnus
So what's the current status of Pokebank? I'm under the impression that nobody really got a chance to explore the new stuff thoroughly, so when the bank comes back up, there will eventually be a bunch of new discoveries.

... right?

So what's the current status of Pokebank? I'm under the impression that nobody really got a chance to explore the new stuff thoroughly, so when the bank comes back up, there will eventually be a bunch of new discoveries.

... right?
Bank is still there for those that got it before it was removed. Serebii's already covered all of the new stuff, though he's prone to making mistakes every now and again, as we all know.

Bank is still there for those that got it before it was removed. Serebii's already covered all of the new stuff, though he's prone to making mistakes every now and again, as we all know.
Plus, until it's back up there's likely some breedable/breed-chain moves that we don't know yet, although at least it'll be reasonably easy to see if anything new is added to a Pokemon's movelist.

In other news, Sharpedo gets Destiny Bond and Escalvilier gets Drill Run.

I don't really care for Escalvilier, but Speed Boost Destiny Bond sounds pretty sick.
Is that right? Better run it now before kids start catchin' on. What coverage slot do you drop though? Ice beam and Hpump are givens but I think you can live without dark pulse.

Is that right? Better run it now before kids start catchin' on. What coverage slot do you drop though? Ice beam and Hpump are givens but I think you can live without dark pulse.
Honestly, I think just running Sharpedo's STABs should suffice (Waterfall + Crunch or Hydro Pump + Dark Pulse). Water + Dark coverage is pretty good on its own, especially now that Steel-types like Ferrothorn can no longer resist both attacks. Ice Beam > Dark Pulse would help against a few Pokemon such as Breloom and Hydreigon, but then you get shut down by a whole host of Water-types (and you probably shouldn't stay in on Breloom anyway because of Mach Punch).

Honestly, I think just running Sharpedo's STABs should suffice (Waterfall + Crunch or Hydro Pump + Dark Pulse). Water + Dark coverage is pretty good on its own, especially now that Steel-types like Ferrothorn can no longer resist both attacks. Ice Beam > Dark Pulse would help against a few Pokemon such as Breloom and Hydreigon, but then you get shut down by a whole host of Water-types (and you probably shouldn't stay in on Breloom anyway because of Mach Punch).
That's what I'm saying though, either way you're left with lack of coverage. I'd be ballsy and just not run protect. Ran a similar set last gen and I don't quite remember what the filler was but he doesn't really need it.

Sure, you lose the option to setup but half the time people predict protect anyway so the gambit would payoff in that regard. You just need to play him a bit different. When you're done denting stuff throw out a last ditch dbond and even if they predict that miraculously you've opened up a whole new ball game of hesitation mind games for your opponent, which wouldn't be benefited by running protect, at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)