Pokémon Pokébank changes discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

UnicornDemon

Banned deucer.
Pokébank is now online in Japan, and will be online in NA in 3 days time. Already seeing some major additions coming into the research threads, but figure there needs to be a thread for discussion as to how these changes will affect the meta.

Notable changes caught so far (no one cares about Fell Stinger Genesect)

NO MONS HAVE BEEN RETYPED THAT WE DIDN'T KNOW ABOUT ALREADY
TORNADUS DOES NOT GET AEROBLAST

Techno Blast buffed to 120 BP
Sacred Fire Entei (move relearner)
Switcheroo Froslass/Glalie, Klefki (egg move)
Moonblast Cresselia, Whimsicott (level up)
Competitive Milotic (new ability, does not replace anything)
Dazzling Gleam Meloetta, Mismagius, Azelf/Uxie/Mesprit, Jellicent (TM)
Toxic Spikes Weezing, Cofagrigus (egg move)
Sucker Punch + Hammer Arm Emboar (egg move)
Play Rough Ronphan (egg move)

Discuss!

Please try to keep discussion to confirmed news and its impact on the meta. All wild speculation will do is derail this thread from its actual purpose. If you have any discoveries, please be sure to post them in the relevant research thread!

http://www.smogon.com/forums/forums/research.251/
>Cresselia learns Moonblast
>Azelf and friends learn dazzling gleam
>Mismagius learns dazzling gleam
>None of them get fairy typing despite each of them obviously being inspired by fairies

So, is gamefreak just trying to rub this in our face or what?

>None of them get fairy typing despite each of them obviously being inspired by fairies

GameFreak thinks that since Cresselia is already really good in VGC, if they gave it Fairy it would dominate, so they didn't. Which really surprises everyone.

Azelf and co...I have no idea.

Mismagius isn't really a fairy. It's a ghost.

So, now that some event pokemon have gotten into X/Y with pokebank, can anyone test if you can go to the move relearner and get event moves back?

Also, similarly, does the move relearner teach pokemon from older games forgotten egg moves? It's possible once the egg moves were forgotten in the earlier games, the game erased any evidence of ever having those egg moves.

So, now that some event pokemon have gotten into X/Y with pokebank, can anyone test if you can go to the move relearner and get event moves back?

Also, similarly, does the move relearner teach pokemon from older games forgotten egg moves? It's possible once the egg moves were forgotten in the earlier games, the game erased any evidence of ever having those egg moves.
The Relearner relearns event moves if it ever existed in XY with that move. We need confirmation as to if it was forgotten before XY but personally I don't think they'd bother to code in something like that.

Event moves can be relearned, this has been confirmed by Serebii. I would be surprised if event moves forgotten pre-Gen VI could be relearned, however. What I'm interested in is confirmation that tutor moves can be relearned.

As soon as PokéBank goes up on eShop in NA, I'm going to be doing some extensive testing to see just how good the hack checks are. I'll be testing using three Landos, one that was caught legitimately, one that was created using a third party device but with legal stats moves and ability, and another with completely bogus everything.

Not sure why Mismagius isn't Fairy but Dazzling Gleam is a nice step up from HP Fighting. It wasn't ever breaking through Tyranitar anyway but now Missy has almost perfect 2-move coverage for a SubCM / SubPlot set.

Event moves can be relearned, this has been confirmed by Serebii. I would be surprised if event moves forgotten pre-Gen VI could be relearned, however. What I'm interested in is confirmation that tutor moves can be relearned.
Oh, but they can't. I taught Searing shot on my timid Victini over Fudsion Flare, and of curiousity tried to see if I can relearn Fudion Flare. Nope. There was no Fusion Flare in relearning options

I don't get why people keep insisting on this. Yes, it learns a move from fairy type. So what? That doesn't mean anything. x| And Mismagius & Cresselia are not even close inspired in fairies.

While Mismagius may appear to be more a witch than anything else, Misdreavus is undoubtedly a banshee given its appearance, that it is the Screech Pokemon, and nearly all of its Pokedex entries discuss it screaming and wailing. Given that banshees are a type of fairy in Irish folklore, it stands to reason that Misdreavus should have been retyped to Ghost/Fairy type. In addition, because Pokemon almost always retain their typing or gain/exchange a subtype when they evolve (the only pokemon I can think of that doesn't is Bellossom), Mismagius should also have been retyped.

Then again, it would have been immune to Normal, Fighting, Ground, and Dragon... traditionally, besides Shedinja, pokemon could only have typing/ability combinations that made them immune to up to three types of attacks.

Fully evolved non-Fairy-types able to learn Dazzling Gleam:

Vileplume
Alakazam
Tentacruel
Gengar
Hypno
Starmie
Mew
Lanturn
Xatu
Bellossom
Jumpluff
Espeon
Girafarig
Blissey
Celebi
Sableye
Volbeat
Illumise
Altaria
Claydol
Banette
Chimecho
Jirachi
Roserade
Cherrim
Mismagius
Gallade
Probopass
Uxie
Mesprit
Azelf
Phione
Manaphy
Shaymin

Yeah I think going up to Gen 4 is enough.

See, coverage moves are a thing.

No, you forgot some things.
Rotom-Fan being double-immune to ground attacks, Magne-line not getting Levitate, Delibird having two abilities: Insomnia and Vital Spirit, and, most notably, Azelf, Uxie and Mesprit not being Fairy types when they are fairies lol
You forgot a few more: Final Gambit Shedinja, Ring Target, female Mr. Mimes, Limber Stunfisk, Ampharos not getting Tail Glow when its tail glows so bright it can run a freaking lighthouse, Empoleon and Blaziken not getting Roost, to name a few.

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Anyone has thought of a way to breed Mudkip with Steath Rock? If it's not possible, it will be legal to import it from previous gen?
It's not an egg move afaik, so it's not possible on one originating from Kalos, but it's perfectly possible to transfer one over that knows it.

Cool that Weezing got toxic spikes. Its a shame, however, that it has bad synergy with will-o-wisp, which feels key on him... Oh well. Hopefully his evolution will be the poison/electric levitating garbage of my dreams

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)