OU RMT Balanced team.

I have been playing Shoddy Battle lately and have been doing fairly good This is a more offensive based team where even the defensive pokemon can pack a punch. (Ime using the first move listed, so for example low kick on weavile, any suggestions are appreciated second moves probably have not been tested)

Anti-Lead

Weavile @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Pressure
Adamant. HP:6/Atk:252/Spe:252
~Pursuit/Night slash
~Ice Punch
~Brick Break
~Low Kick/Taunt/Ice Shard/Toxic

Deals with most leads, azelf and frostlass are 2HKOd by Pursuit, night slash can be used for more power but can't catch them if they retreat (and with no stealth rock will explode when they come in). Ice punch is a powerful neutral STAB that can be used against DD dragons later by outspeeding them. Low kick takes out Ttar where brick brake does not, toxic and taunt deals with stallers or steal rock setup but leaves weavile open, ice shard if you want another prioroty move. Choice scarf is taken to outspeed virtually any other lead. (most other teams do not attempt to take out weavile due to most lead weaviles having focus sash)

Dusknoir @ leftovers
Impish. HP:252/Atk:252/Def:6
~Shadow Sneak
~Thunder Punch
~Will-o-Wisp
~Pain Split

Even with minimal defensive EVs Dusknoir can take a few hits before going down. Will-o-wisp cripples most phisical attackers. I have found pain split to be fairly reliable recovery due to Dusknoirs low base HP even when EV trained. Shadow sneak 2HKOs ghosts that switch in while Dusknoir is 2HKOd in return. Thunder punch is a neutral attack that deals with many threats shadow sneak doesn't.

Blissey @ leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
Bold. HP:252/Def:252/Spe:6
~ Seismic Toss
~ Counter
~ Softboiled
~ Shadow ball/Aromatherapy

My special tank, takes special hits like a boss without any SDef EVs. Def and HP EVs so she can take on many of her counters with, well counter. A few STAB fighting moves can OHKO her so she must be careful of those (such as Lucario/infernape close combat. Seismic toss is to take down attackers fairly well while soaking up the damage. Shadow ball takes down ghosts that switch in to be "immune" to toss/counter combo while Aromatherapy aids the rest of the team by removing status (mainly paralyze and toxic for dusknoir)

Rotom-H @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
Timid. Spe:252/SAtk:252/SDef6
~ T-bolt
~ Overheat
~ HP-Ground
~ Dark Pulse/Trick

Anti-gyarados who my team used to have trouble with. Outspeed and OHKOs it with T-bolt. Overheat dealth with steel types. HP-Ground can do damge to Heatran but doesn't OHKO him which can be a problem. Dark pulse can deal with bulky ghosts and psy types. Trick is to scarf an enemy.

Lucario @ Life Orb
Ability: Inner Focus
Modest: HP:6/Spe:252/SAtk:252
~ HP-Ice
~ Vacuum Wave
~ Dark pulse/Dragon pulse
~ Earthquake/Close combat/aura sphere

Overall "sweeper" HP-ice for coverage, Vacuum wave for prioroty, Dark pulse to deal with ghosts, EQ for steel. Really thinking of switching out Dark pulse for Dragon pulse due to Kingdra hitting my team hard.

Jerachi @ leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace (AKA flinchhax)
Bold. HP:252/Def:224/Spe:32
~ Calm mind
~ Wish
~ Psychic
~ Grass knot/HP Grass

Ah, my stallbreaker, wisher, and finaly type coverage. Bulky waters (especialy ground/water) are taken out by this set. Jerachi deals with heavy phisical types like Machamp and can calm mind up on the likes of Blissie. Although wish requires some timing so you don't get 2HKOd. HP EVs alow more hits from Seismic toss and wish heals for more. Defense is to take hits from EQ as most fire types are negated with a couple calm minds.

Main counters are DD setup, if weavile can get out in time these are usualy stopped cold. Rain dance Kingdra smashes my team and I can't hit ludicolo either for super effective. If my blissie is gone oponent blissies can hurt my team but due to moveset with shadow ball, in a blissie-blissie stallout mine can usualy out-pp theirs. My team is hit by fires pretty hard, mainly infernape due to dusknoir not being able to wil-o-wisp him although blissie usualy survives an attack and OHKOs with counter. Weather and stall teams hurt mine fairly hard as my team can't handle a massive stall. I hope I did this right first time posting a team :).

Edit: images aren't showind up, help...

Zephyr

Life Stream
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hey. Not a bad team you got going here, but I think you could be making better use of your lead Weavile set. I think a Choice Band set instead of Choice Scarf set would be a beneficial alternative for your team to try out. Weavile is already more than fast enough too handle most threats, rendering Choice Scarf redundant. Too top it off, the very few set up Pokemon you'd want to revenge kill like Dragon Dance dragons, get slammed plenty hard enough by a Choice Banded Ice Shard anyway. Choice Band will let Weavile hit a shit ton harder than you'll be able too with scarf, and you already have a Scarf-rotom on your team to act as your primary revenge killer. Here is the reworked set:

Weavile @ Choice Band
Nature @ Jolly
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Speed
-Ice Shard
-Pursuit
-Brick Break / Low Kick
-Ice Punch

Good luck!

Hi, nice team. I just have a few nitpicks.

I echo Zephyr's sentiments on Weavile (@Zephyr: Love your avatar. FFX is the greatest game of all time!)

Running Aerial Ace on your Weavile can help with your Infernape problem. It's unorthodox, but almost no one expects a Weavile of all thing to take out an Infernape. It can potentially OHKO with an Adamant Nature.

I would replace Dark Pulse with Shadow Ball on Rotom. Dark and Ghost have basically the exact same coverage, but Rotom gets STAB with the latter.

Also, I would unslash Shadow Ball on Blissey. Between Lucario, Dusknoir, Weavile, and Rotom, you already have more Ghost/Dark coverage than you'll ever need. Stealth Rock should be considered in the last slot since you don't have any entry hazards.

If you opt for EQ or CC, be sure to change Lucario's nature to Rash so your Attack stat isn't lowered. For the last moveslot, I recommend Close Combat so you can better handle Blissey.

I hope that helps. Good luck!

Hi, nice team. I just have a few nitpicks.

I echo Zephyr's sentiments on Weavile (@Zephyr: Love your avatar. FFX is the greatest game of all time!)

Running Aerial Ace on your Weavile can help with your Infernape problem. It's unorthodox, but almost no one expects a Weavile of all thing to take out an Infernape. It can potentially OHKO with an Adamant Nature.

I would replace Dark Pulse with Shadow Ball on Rotom. Dark and Ghost have basically the exact same coverage, but Rotom gets STAB with the latter.

Also, I would unslash Shadow Ball on Blissey. Between Lucario, Dusknoir, Weavile, and Rotom, you already have more Ghost/Dark coverage than you'll ever need. Stealth Rock should be considered in the last slot since you don't have any entry hazards.

If you opt for EQ or CC, be sure to change Lucario's nature to Rash so your Attack stat isn't lowered. For the last moveslot, I recommend Close Combat so you can better handle Blissey.

I hope that helps. Good luck!
I will probably replace EQ for CC. (the only reason EQ was on there is even with negative attack from nature, it still OHKOd heatran but taking out blissie is probably beter and CC should take out heatran)

I tried out my team on PO though and an Ice shard even from choice banded max attack weavile did less than half a Dragonites HP so ime trying to do some more tests on if it is good or not.
Arial ace sounds neat but what would I replace? (BTW I dislike PO greatly, seriously you can see their whole team AND change leads...)

I will try out shadow ball, the flinch from DP has saved my skin a few times

I have never found entry hazards effective, my team is resistant to most of them, and there are maby 2-3 places where it would be nice if my team had it, most pokemon are clearly OHKOd or 2HKOd. Virtualy every pokemon with focus sash is a lead and won't be effected by it which are the main pokemon I want to hit.
-----------

I was wondering if I should use HP-grass or grass knot on Jerachi and also should I use trick or (probably going to replace if I use trick) HP-ground.

Ice Shard OHKOs every standard Dragonite set, I just did the calcs myself. They must have been holding a Yache Berry/had Reflect up. I'd put Aerial Ace in the fourth slot, giving you a final set that looks like Ice Shard/Night Slash/Brick Break/Aerial Ace.

If you're going to use Weavile, I suggest that you use LO Weavile. The power difference is not all that noticeable, and with the ability to change moves, Weavile becomes an excellent late game cleaner-upper. Also, max speed is not necessary on any Weavile. 184 Speed EVs is enough to outpace all base 115 (azelf, starmie) as well as Scarftar.

Weavile @ Life Orb
EVs: 32 HP / 252 Atk / 40 SDef / 184 Spd
- Ice Shard
- Pursuit
- Low Kick
- Night Slash

Night Slash is needed to kill Starmie and Azelf at full health because they tend to stay in when weavile switches in. Low Kick deals more damage almost all the time (ttar, magnezone, blissey, heatran, and even lucario I believe).

Sorry to 1-up you zephyr if it seems like it, it wasn't my intention lol

If you need to rely on brick break to kill blissey, then that's a problem considering it struggles to 2HKO any bold blissey with leftovers, plus a lot of blisseys have flamethrower and/or thunder wave which screws you over. Both Low Kick and Brick Break achieve nearly identical results against umbreon and pory-z (which you'll basically never see). It might be more useful to think about the more popular mons. Heatran, the number 1 OU mon, is hit with a 120 BP Low Kick, which is enough to OHKO most of them after stealth rock damage. Same goes for magnezone. Low Kick also ensures the OHKO against lucario. So as you can see, Low Kick is the superior option.

If you need to rely on brick break to kill blissey, then that's a problem considering it struggles to 2HKO any bold blissey with leftovers, plus a lot of blisseys have flamethrower and/or thunder wave which screws you over. Both Low Kick and Brick Break achieve nearly identical results against umbreon and pory-z (which you'll basically never see). It might be more useful to think about the more popular mons. Heatran, the number 1 OU mon, is hit with a 120 BP Low Kick, which is enough to OHKO most of them after stealth rock damage. Same goes for magnezone. Low Kick also ensures the OHKO against lucario. So as you can see, Low Kick is the superior option.

If you didn't see, I dont' have SR so OHKOing Heatran/magnezone is out. I have NEVER seen a blissie with flamethrower, T-wave is decently common though. Lucario has never been that much of a threat to my team, OHKOd by rotom, burned by dusknoir, and acording to damage calculators, unless they build fairly defensively they are OHKOd by a choice band brick break (in every standard lucario build on smogon). Even going lifeorb standard sets are OHKOd by brick break. Blissie is hit for 64% minimum from CB brick break with max defense. Brick break ensures 2HKO on umbreon while lowkick does not. I will admit though that lowkick gives an advantage VS Heatran and Magnezone, but heatran and magnezone are walled by blissie (and if explodes, blissie did its job) Magnezones are OHKOd by my Lucarios CC, most heatran sets are OHKOd also by CC. For my team, brick break will be superior to low kick because walls are more of a threat than the two mentioned.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)