Sticky Orange Islands SQSA Thread

Is there more than one in the canyon biome?
I'm not really sure where all the entrances are honestly as my orientation skills are worse only than my ability to cope with certain type of posts in this forum ( :tymp: ), but the electric cave specifically has like 2 or 3 layers (it goes VERY deep monkaS) so if it's the one over there there's a non 0 chance the trainer is somewhere there.

What is the minimum level at which you can complete the Teal Mask dlc and get Ogerpon at?

I've been playing through Scarlet to get my version exclusives (as my main save is on Violet), figured I could actually pick up Ogerpon and do the game with it as well for fun if it lets you pick it at lvl 30ish like it was the case for Kubfu

Mex

The last ace in a lost hand
is a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
What is the minimum level at which you can complete the Teal Mask dlc and get Ogerpon at?

I've been playing through Scarlet to get my version exclusives (as my main save is on Violet), figured I could actually pick up Ogerpon and do the game with it as well for fun if it lets you pick it at lvl 30ish like it was the case for Kubfu
From a quick search, Ogerpon comes at level 20, and the game expects you to be around level 40 to finish the story

Here’s one that just occurred to me: what happens if you initiate a battle with a forced capture but don’t have ANY Pokeballs on hand, such as Ogerpon in the Teal Mask? Does the game only call it out ag the end, or require you to get one before battling? Or does it flag out give you a Pokeball to do it with like the Gen 5 Dragon?

I specify one like Ogerpon or Eternatus where the game will literally force the capture within the battle sequence, compared to Gen 5 or 6 Mascots where you must catch them to proceed but can KO them to restart the fight and leave to get things etc

Here’s one that just occurred to me: what happens if you initiate a battle with a forced capture but don’t have ANY Pokeballs on hand, such as Ogerpon in the Teal Mask? Does the game only call it out ag the end, or require you to get one before battling? Or does it flag out give you a Pokeball to do it with like the Gen 5 Dragon?
Iirc this one was actually tested, the game actually gives you a Pokeball for Ogerpon if you have none.

Haven't touched DLC 2 yet, how difficult is it to grind Stellar Tera Shards?
Moderately painful sadly.

Your only actual options are (spoilertagging for safety even though it's no story spoilers)
- Wild Terastalized mons around the Terarium which can be Stellar type. They're random spawns separated from the fixed Terastalized spawns, and drop around 10 each.
- Looting them in the new part of Area Zero. Seems pretty rare and not really viable, though you get 50 for free during the story.
- Item printer lotto. Rare drop.

For the upcoming Walking Wake 5 star raid.. my understanding is that it will have 4 perfect IV's at random.

I'd like to get a 0 ATK Walking Wake ideally. Can you save in front of the den, defeat & catch it, check the stats, and then reset if you'd like for different IV combinations? I realize the odds of getting a 0 ATK Walking wake are relatively low, since it's 1/32 mutiplied by the 1/3rd chance that one of the 4 perfect IVs isn't given to the ATK stat (someone please check this math lol?)

For the upcoming Walking Wake 5 star raid.. my understanding is that it will have 4 perfect IV's at random.

I'd like to get a 0 ATK Walking Wake ideally. Can you save in front of the den, defeat & catch it, check the stats, and then reset if you'd like for different IV combinations? I realize the odds of getting a 0 ATK Walking wake are relatively low, since it's 1/32 mutiplied by the 1/3rd chance that one of the 4 perfect IVs isn't given to the ATK stat (someone please check this math lol?)
The raid mon is already generated per den, so you would have to date/time skip to reroll for a new raid each time instead of resetting at the same crystal.

Is there anything to denote if the Epilogue coming in January will be enabled with a base update, or could it be something time-limited like the item distributions for old game Mythical events?

Besides availability I also wonder if such an update also gives a chance to push a bugfix like the Legendary/Paradox IV issue noted, or some oddities under the hood with how Gender Ratios behave on some new mons.

Is there anything to denote if the Epilogue coming in January will be enabled with a base update, or could it be something time-limited like the item distributions for old game Mythical events?

Besides availability I also wonder if such an update also gives a chance to push a bugfix like the Legendary/Paradox IV issue noted, or some oddities under the hood with how Gender Ratios behave on some new mons.
They said it was an update.

Anyone have experience getting a specific TID/SID combo for a Pokémon Colosseum file?

I've done it before for XD, and on paper it looked like the process would be similar for both, but it has been much harder to get Colosseum's TID/SID combo than it was for XD.

Basically, I'm doing what I did for XD, and when I have the target frame, I'm "casting around" for a couple of hundred frames before and after the target. I'm expecting I'll be ~125 or so away from the target, or a little more, or a little fewer. I am, however, hitting nothing, after hours of work and alternating between different targets. It doesn't help that the frame skips, and advancing the frame can sometimes make it jump 6 frames.

If it helps, I'm using Dolphin with a lua script to keep track of frames and seeds. I can give any other information that is relevant.

EDIT: Some photos in case they help (not great quality):

Attachments

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)