Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

So, after Google searching this site and manually searching hundreds of pages back (the search thread feature on here isn't working), I don't see any updates for the Lake of Rage Red Gyarados.

Has anyone been able to successfully catch an RNG'ed Red Gyarados with the desired stats and nature? Is the spread ever on the correct frame, is it consistently offset by a number of frames, or is it entirely unpredictable?

So, after Google searching this site and manually searching hundreds of pages back (the search thread feature on here isn't working), I don't see any updates for the Lake of Rage Red Gyarados.

Has anyone been able to successfully catch an RNG'ed Red Gyarados with the desired stats and nature? Is the spread ever on the correct frame, is it consistently offset by a number of frames, or is it entirely unpredictable?
You need to calibrate frame for Red Gyarados.

So your target frame is 247. Rayquaza's monster frame is 1. Say you verify your seed by calling Elm 10x, and you hit your seed. Then, you should advance the frame 236 times, which should put you on frame 246 when you're done. When you press A on Rayquaza, that puts it on the target frame.

There are two ways (that i know of) of advancing the frame. You can carry on calling Elm for the 236 times, or use the radio. By switching to and then detuning the bottom right radio station. It must not be on Buena's password though, or it will not work.

Good luck with your Rayquaza!
Of course why making it easy when you can have it impossibly hard?
If you abuse for a Rayquaza everytime you leave and reenter the cave your frame is advanced +1.
Easier, faster then calling or detuning.

Of course why making it easy when you can have it impossibly hard?
If you abuse for a Rayquaza everytime you leave and reenter the cave your frame is advanced +1.
Easier, faster then calling or detuning.
Well, not faster than the fast radio method (tune in your station, then just switch between the map screen and the radio screen to keep advancing the frame, then detune the station once you're done).

Roaming Latios\Latias: varies, there is an NPC that advances the frame. You will have to save inside the Fan Club and immediately walk out the door or bring up the Pokegear. You will have to do a test run first to calibrate for the Lati's frame, similar to how you calibrate for your egg frame in DPPt.
I am trying to RNG for the 114th frame of d2140289, for latias. When i stop progressing the frame at 105, i hit frame 115, yet when i stop progressing the frame at 104, i am hitting frame 113 when activating latias. (I have only caught latias 4 times, so these results aren't scientific). I am saved in the fan club just before the door. So the way it is looking to me, it is not possible for me to hit this frame, or am i just getting bad luck?

Do you have a DS lite? If yes, put a GBA game into your GBA slot to change the frames from odd to even.
The GBA changes the delays from odd to even and vice versa, i am having a problem hitting the frame, because Latias' monster frame number is somewhat random

thanks anyway

When advancing the frame to catch Pokemon like Suicune, do I need to be ON the target frame or do I need to be one below (like when breeding) the target frame?

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
When advancing the frame to catch Pokemon like Suicune, do I need to be ON the target frame or do I need to be one below (like when breeding) the target frame?
advance to the one below since suicune appears on a monster frame of 1 so once you interact with it, it will advance the frame by 1 to your target

Will the same time and date hit the same seed, though?
Like, say my desired time is 2:00:16 on 2010 07 03 with a delay of 634. I'm hitting only odd delays and have no GBA game. By switching to 2009 07 03 at 2:00:16, would I still hit the same seed and an even delay or just a totally different seed?

So in HG, I want to RNG abuse for Latias. I've already released him however. If I faint him, then fight the Elite 4, will I be able to rerelease him from the Fan Club and RNG abuse him from there?

I am trying to RNG for the 114th frame of d2140289, for latias. When i stop progressing the frame at 105, i hit frame 115, yet when i stop progressing the frame at 104, i am hitting frame 113 when activating latias. (I have only caught latias 4 times, so these results aren't scientific). I am saved in the fan club just before the door. So the way it is looking to me, it is not possible for me to hit this frame, or am i just getting bad luck?
RNGing it there is a bitch. try at E4s it will respawn after you beat Lance so make sure you hit your target seed+frame at E4s. Check Page one second post for the concrete method.

So I'm performing the calibration steps on Platinum, and I got a seconds value of 41. I believe this is because I have my AR attached so I can easily find the IVs of the captured Pokemon. Will it be a problem to have such a high delay? Is this actually high? The one in the example is only around 15, which is why I'm wondering.

The seconds value depends from the time you've soft-reset. Its only the value of the seconds of the DS' internal clock on the moment you enter the game. It doesn't affect the delay in any way. What affects the delay is the time you take from soft-reset to press A at the continue screen.

And as long as you learn how to use pikatimer, it won't matter anyway.

Help with Egg frames

Hi I have some frames while trying to hatch an egg just dissapear on me and I have no idea why.

What are you trying to capture\hatch? Trying to hatch a shiny Evee (In Soul Silver)
What is your target seed and frame? What is the delay of that seed?
Seed: 830C01F4
Frame: 3
Delay: 490

How did you verify your seed? Verified by catching a lvl 51 golbat
lax, a little quick tempered,
hp: 141
at: 100
def: 88
spA: 78
spD: 78
speed: 103

If you tried and failed, what results did you get?

I can never seem to get the egg on the 2nd or 3rd frame, I tried passing the first 2 but ended up with #4, I collected 5 at once and it skipped frame 2 and frame 3s eggs but the rest were correct.

Any ideas? :(

My Id ia 35300 and Sid is 35712

The seconds value depends from the time you've soft-reset. Its only the value of the seconds of the DS' internal clock on the moment you enter the game. It doesn't affect the delay in any way. What affects the delay is the time you take from soft-reset to press A at the continue screen.

And as long as you learn how to use pikatimer, it won't matter anyway.
Ahh, so this is why the guide recommends always starting at the very beginning of the minute. I thought I could start anywhere in the minute as long as the game loaded before the change of the minute. Thanks!

when I try to generate my results in the time finder it always changes my SID is that a problem that will effect my results
well no one answered my question so i need to ask it again.

Also, I downloaded rng version 8.2 and when i open it it says 8.1 is that just a typo or what.

Hi I have some frames while trying to hatch an egg just dissapear on me and I have no idea why.

What are you trying to capture\hatch? Trying to hatch a shiny Evee (In Soul Silver)
What is your target seed and frame? What is the delay of that seed?
Seed: 830C01F4
Frame: 3
Delay: 490

How did you verify your seed? Verified by catching a lvl 51 golbat
lax, a little quick tempered,
hp: 141
at: 100
def: 88
spA: 78
spD: 78
speed: 103

If you tried and failed, what results did you get?

I can never seem to get the egg on the 2nd or 3rd frame, I tried passing the first 2 but ended up with #4, I collected 5 at once and it skipped frame 2 and frame 3s eggs but the rest were correct.

Any ideas? :(

My Id ia 35300 and Sid is 35712
I would recommend finding out your seed using Elm and choose a seed where the shiny is on frame one for breeding. You can check your frame then get the shiny egg.

So I'm performing the calibration steps on Platinum, and I got a seconds value of 41. I believe this is because I have my AR attached so I can easily find the IVs of the captured Pokemon. Will it be a problem to have such a high delay? Is this actually high? The one in the example is only around 15, which is why I'm wondering.
On pearl, my time value goes from 14 without AR to 16 with it. I'm not sure why you've got such a huge jump. Has it worked that way multiple times?

Also, when you're putting the IVs into the Seed Finder, make sure to note that the AR doesn't list the IVs in the same order as Reporter.

Reporter wants HP, Atk, Def, SpA, SpD, Spe
AR gives HP, Atk, Def, Spe, SpA, SpD

I had some problems for a while because I would go straight from AR into that before I realized.

On pearl, my time value goes from 14 without AR to 16 with it. I'm not sure why you've got such a huge jump. Has it worked that way multiple times?

Also, when you're putting the IVs into the Seed Finder, make sure to note that the AR doesn't list the IVs in the same order as Reporter.

Reporter wants HP, Atk, Def, SpA, SpD, Spe
AR gives HP, Atk, Def, Spe, SpA, SpD

I had some problems for a while because I would go straight from AR into that before I realized.
Before I was trying to say that calibration was not outdated, but with Pikatimer I have to say it is, just find out the average delays and second value of yours, well others now, for the game and whether it is odd or even what you are trying to get, at that point use Pikatimer and you'll have no problem.

Well, not faster than the fast radio method (tune in your station, then just switch between the map screen and the radio screen to keep advancing the frame, then detune the station once you're done).
So, no more tuning to lower-right station, detune back to middle area anymore?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 12)