Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Lol, thanks!! But can you give me tips if you don't mind please? I fail, Every time! :(

Edit: Lol, that's just a joke, I'm sure I'll find out myself! :D

Okay, I have finally obtained my ID and SID in my heart gold game (11172 and 37712 respectively). I'm a bit confused as to how exactly I would RNG for a shiny rayquaza, unless everything works like it did in DPPt. Tell me if this is right:

1. I go to 4th generation time finder, go to the Capture tab, and select method K, right?
2. I put in ID/SID, search for adamant shiny frame. I find my target frame, 247 (seed 3A0901FE). I hit generate more times.
3. I adjust the year to 2013 so that the delay is 497, as that seems to be my average. 2013 12/26 9:02:00. Ok.
4. I select HGSS and input that no roamers are present (I killed them for now, they can respawn when I'm done RNGing :P).
5. I hit generate a little lower, and scroll down to my corresponding thing I have to hit. Now I'm a bit confused here; I'm assuming these 10 Elm responses are the ones I have to get in order to verify I've hit my seed? They're like coin flips in DPPt, right?
6. If I've hit my seed, how do I advance the RNG succesfully and consistently? I read in the second post of this thread that calling Elm advances the RNG by 1. So my ten calls that I did to check my seed have already advanced it by ten. Besides, how do I figure out how many RNG advances I need? My frame is 247. Is it just 247 - roamers (0) - monster frame (no idea what this is for rayquaza, but I think it's 1).

Yeah, I'd like to know if all this is right before I begin painfully attempting to hit my seed...

If I'm constantly hitting odd delays, is the only way to fix that a GBA version? I found 31/31/31/1/31/31 on an even delay.

so i keep trying to hit my target time which is 16:40:15, but i either get 14 seconds with 491-495 delay or i get 15 seconds with 500-513 delay. anyone know how to fix this?

If I'm constantly hitting odd delays, is the only way to fix that a GBA version? I found 31/31/31/1/31/31 on an even delay.
You can change the year by one to make the delay odd.

so i keep trying to hit my target time which is 16:40:15, but i either get 14 seconds with 491-495 delay or i get 15 seconds with 500-513 delay. anyone know how to fix this?
You can use Pikatimer to help you, add one more second to the first timer, because there is a higher likely hood that you'll get below 500 delay on HGSS, at least there is for me. You'll get to second 15 and if you are still having trouble you can just look for another time to hit that seed.

Okay, I have finally obtained my ID and SID in my heart gold game (11172 and 37712 respectively). I'm a bit confused as to how exactly I would RNG for a shiny rayquaza, unless everything works like it did in DPPt. Tell me if this is right:

1. I go to 4th generation time finder, go to the Capture tab, and select method K, right?
2. I put in ID/SID, search for adamant shiny frame. I find my target frame, 247 (seed 3A0901FE). I hit generate more times.
3. I adjust the year to 2013 so that the delay is 497, as that seems to be my average. 2013 12/26 9:02:00. Ok.
4. I select HGSS and input that no roamers are present (I killed them for now, they can respawn when I'm done RNGing :P).
5. I hit generate a little lower, and scroll down to my corresponding thing I have to hit. Now I'm a bit confused here; I'm assuming these 10 Elm responses are the ones I have to get in order to verify I've hit my seed? They're like coin flips in DPPt, right?
6. If I've hit my seed, how do I advance the RNG succesfully and consistently? I read in the second post of this thread that calling Elm advances the RNG by 1. So my ten calls that I did to check my seed have already advanced it by ten. Besides, how do I figure out how many RNG advances I need? My frame is 247. Is it just 247 - roamers (0) - monster frame (no idea what this is for rayquaza, but I think it's 1).

Yeah, I'd like to know if all this is right before I begin painfully attempting to hit my seed...
So your target frame is 247. Rayquaza's monster frame is 1. Say you verify your seed by calling Elm 10x, and you hit your seed. Then, you should advance the frame 236 times, which should put you on frame 246 when you're done. When you press A on Rayquaza, that puts it on the target frame.

There are two ways (that i know of) of advancing the frame. You can carry on calling Elm for the 236 times, or use the radio. By switching to and then detuning the bottom right radio station. It must not be on Buena's password though, or it will not work.

Good luck with your Rayquaza!

So your target frame is 247. Rayquaza's monster frame is 1. Say you verify your seed by calling Elm 10x, and you hit your seed. Then, you should advance the frame 236 times, which should put you on frame 246 when you're done. When you press A on Rayquaza, that puts it on the target frame.

There are two ways (that i know of) of advancing the frame. You can carry on calling Elm for the 236 times, or use the radio. By switching to and then detuning the bottom right radio station. It must not be on Buena's password though, or it will not work.

Good luck with your Rayquaza!
Ah, thanks so much. Omega donut says that the radio advances it 14-18 times, which sounds inconsistent, so I'm not going to do that. Calling youngster joey advances it by 2 though, so couldn't I just call him 118 times instead of elm 236 times?

Get confused when I check the first page.

What is actually Raikou's starting frame, 1 or 5 (North America HG Cart)?
Yeah, I know that almost everyone had probably RNGed it, but I just get back to RNG after a 3-week hiatus due to final exam.

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Get confused when I check the first page.

What is actually Raikou's starting frame, 1 or 5 (North America HG Cart)?
Yeah, I know that almost everyone had probably RNGed it, but I just get back to RNG after a 3-week hiatus due to final exam.
in the north American game its starting frame is 1

Code:
Show            Advances                Location
Pokemon Music        1 frame, sometimes none - inconsistent    Upper-left
Pokemon Talk        14-18 frames, inconsistent                Upper-right
That Town, These People    3 frames, inconsistent                        Lower-left
Buena's Password    none                            Lower-right
Trainer Profiles    3 frames, inconsistent                        Lower-left
Pokemon Search Party    1 frame                            Lower-right
Silver Drama        1 frame                            Lower-right
Ah, thanks so much. Omega donut says that the radio advances it 14-18 times, which sounds inconsistent, so I'm not going to do that. Calling youngster joey advances it by 2 though, so couldn't I just call him 118 times instead of elm 236 times?
Yeah i forgot about that...as long as Joey isnt seeking a battle when you call him that works too. However, you can consistently advance the frame by one with the radio if you tune/detune Search Party/Silver Drama. I find this faster than any using phone calls.

Why predict, if calling Elm will let you know exactly the frame you're on at a given moment?
Ohh I think I just realized something...So if I tune/detune Pokemon Talk loads of times, can I then call Elm to see what frame I'm on? Would I have to search through hsi replies manually and look for the succession of replies that match?

Ohh I think I just realized something...So if I tune/detune Pokemon Talk loads of times, can I then call Elm to see what frame I'm on? Would I have to search through hsi replies manually and look for the succession of replies that match?
I know that there are guys who do that. But for breeding, would that be necessary? I mean, I always aim for frame 13-18. You can just use Elm calls to advance the frame AND to know your current frame, at the same time. Calling him 10-15 times is not a problem, you know?

On the RNG Reporter main page under Method K, there are two columns with one read frame and the other reading actual. When I am advancing my frame to try and catch a Pokemon, which number should I go to? Here is my seed if you need it: 620A01F9

I know that there are guys who do that. But for breeding, would that be necessary? I mean, I always aim for frame 13-18. You can just use Elm calls to advance the frame AND to know your current frame, at the same time. Calling him 10-15 times is not a problem, you know?
Yes of course, I was thinking for wild pokes, cos sometimes the only good seeds are on reeeeeeally high frames. Still sounds tough though, it would be great if there were a 'Search Elm' function for verifying your frame as well as your seed...

On the RNG Reporter main page under Method K, there are two columns with one read frame and the other reading actual. When I am advancing my frame to try and catch a Pokemon, which number should I go to? Here is my seed if you need it: 620A01F9
You want the one reading 'frame' for Method K. The one reading 'actual' is the frame for Method 1.

it would be great if there were a 'Search Elm' function for verifying your frame as well as your seed...
Isn't there?

mingot said:
-Fixed issue when going to seed to time dialog from time finder with no year entered
-Fixed some CSV issues related to SpD repeating in the heading
-Fixed issue where shiny egg rmb menu could show when there were no items
-Seed to time now supports searching on Elm responses
-Seed to time now supports searching on roamer locations
-Added a nice map that shows all HGSS roamer routes
-Added vertical searching on frame window for Elm responses
-Cleaned up the initial seed finder and added functionality to save the DPP/HGSS/Custom/Open options
-Added nice images to the coin flip search window
Generate your seed in the main window with Elm responses showing, right-click any of the results, and click Search Elm Responses.

Isn't there?

Generate your seed in the main window with Elm responses showing, right-click any of the results, and click Search Elm Responses.
Ohhhh omg thank you I never realised it did that. Wow this is exactly what I needed, now it's possible for me to reach high frames!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 18)