Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

First of all: The RNG at Sudowoodo is not calm which makes it hard to abuse.
The RNG at Dratini is though..
So did I get that right, that the Routes for your Roamers also didn't match when you tried to abuse for Dratini?
The routes that have been coming up are matching what it says in your program.

I did abuse Sudowoodo, as I use a cart, it did take me 3 attempts, so that was annoying :/.
I'm using the same spread for Sudowoodo and Dratini.

When abusing Sudowoodo

But. When I missed my delay by 2 for Sudowoodo, the roamers were at Raikou:38, Entei: 35. However, on your program it said the roamers should've been at Raikou:29 Entei:38, in which case, they're different.

However.
When abusing Dratini (still doing it)

When I was 2 off my delay. The roamers were indeed what your program said it was. a4160984:Raikou:29 Entei:38 Starting Frame:3

My question was basically, why did Sudowoodo's roamers not show up where you program said it would show up.
Also, does where you are in the map determine whether the positions in your program are the same or not.

The routes that have been coming up are matching what it says in your program.

I did abuse Sudowoodo, as I use a cart, it did take me 3 attempts, so that was annoying :/.
I'm using the same spread for Sudowoodo and Dratini.

When abusing Sudowoodo

But. When I missed my delay by 2 for Sudowoodo, the roamers were at Raikou:38, Entei: 35. However, on your program it said the roamers should've been at Raikou:29 Entei:38, in which case, they're different.

However.
When abusing Dratini (still doing it)

When I was 2 off my delay. The roamers were indeed what your program said it was. a4160984:Raikou:29 Entei:38 Starting Frame:3

My question was basically, why did Sudowoodo's roamers not show up where you program said it would show up.
Also, does where you are in the map determine whether the positions in your program are the same or not.
For Sudowoodo: The RNG there is not calm, the Roamers are calculated correct if nothing unintented advanced the frame, so if a NPC did, the Routes won't match anymore. Imagine like you flew to the Route of the Roamer and then it went to a different Route. When a NPC advanced the Frame something similar is happening, same goes for Elm calls.

That's why it matched for Dratini: Calm RNG. If the RNG is not calm you gotta be VERY quick and be nearly all the time in the X menu otherwise your frame might advance +50 frames pretty fast there(yeah).

And no, your position doesn't really matter at all.
What really matter is if your frame was advanced in any way besides the Roamers, which is very possible at Sudowoodos.
Same goes for Snorlax, this bitchy beast can be hell to RNG.

For Sudowoodo: The RNG there is not calm, the Roamers are calculated correct if nothing unintented advanced the frame, so if a NPC did, the Routes won't match anymore. Imagine like you flew to the Route of the Roamer and then it went to a different Route. When a NPC advanced the Frame something similar is happening, same goes for Elm calls.

That's why it matched for Dratini: Calm RNG. If the RNG is not calm you gotta be VERY quick and be nearly all the time in the X menu otherwise your frame might advance +50 frames pretty fast there(yeah).

And no, your position doesn't really matter at all.
What really matter is if your frame was advanced in any way besides the Roamers, which is very possible at Sudowoodos.
Same goes for Snorlax, this bitchy beast can be hell to RNG.
Oh I see.
So NPC advancements mess up roamers positions. :toast:

Oh I see.
So NPC advancements mess up roamers positions. :toast:
I can't say to 100% but I think it is this way:
We know for certain that NPC advancements mess up Elm Method Calls.
So Roamer method is also for seed verifying. That's why I think it is VERY possible that NPC Advancement would mess up that too.

i need to know something. if im at the end of the victory road cave and catch a poke with sweet scent at the entrance to verify my seed and frame, by how many do i advance the frame by:

1)walking out of the cave(assume im facing the exit and just have to step out)
2)running past the NPC (assume he doesnt move)
3)enter the elite four by talking to the guy at the top of the stairs and facing the elite four.

if i know this i can finally RNG entei en raikou. btw for all you EU version peeps out there. i can confirm that Entei is in fact frame 1 and raikou is frame 6

Alright, I'm at my grandparents house and I managed to download the RNG Reporter. I'm trying to find my SID as of right now. My ID is 41516,
my psyduck is mild and has the following IVs: 21/6/12/19/23/28. I have all of that figured out but I don't know how to do everything else. Can somebody help me get my SID with the following infromation? Thank you very much! I just want to RNG as much as I can while I'm here by Friday.

Alright, I'm at my grandparents house and I managed to download the RNG Reporter. I'm trying to find my SID as of right now. My ID is 41516,
my psyduck is mild and has the following IVs: 21/6/12/19/23/28. I have all of that figured out but I don't know how to do everything else. Can somebody help me get my SID with the following infromation? Thank you very much! I just want to RNG as much as I can while I'm here by Friday.
You cant ask for SID requests here. If it's shiny you can find it in RNG reporter though.

You cant ask for SID requests here. If it's shiny you can find it in RNG reporter though.
Okay, that's fine. I managed to find my SID on the RNG Reporter and it listed 2 different SIDs. The top one said 61520 and the bottom one said 22248. Which one should I use?

Okay, that's fine. I managed to find my SID on the RNG Reporter and it listed 2 different SIDs. The top one said 61520 and the bottom one said 22248. Which one should I use?
Test both out by RNG'ing something. Whichever one results in a shiny is the one. Best thing to do for that is to find a low frame shiny and for each SID and test each one out using that.

Is there any way i can use RNG to breed a poke with perfect IVs without needing to have parents with the IVs you want to pass on or whatever it is they need?

Is there any way i can use RNG to breed a poke with perfect IVs without needing to have parents with the IVs you want to pass on or whatever it is they need?
I'm afraid thats not possible. There are always 2 or 3 IVs that will be passed down from the parents regardless (although, they DON'T have to be passed down from BOTH parents). My advice is just to get a ditto with Perfect IVs. That can breed with anything and will usually satisfy most of your needs.

what method are wild pokemon in gold?
If you're referring to HeartGold & SoulSilver, then its Method K. Method J is for DPPt only, Method K for HGSS only.

I'm afraid thats not possible. There are at least 2 IVs that will be passed down from the parents regardless (although, they DON'T have to be passed down from BOTH parents). My advice is just to get a ditto with Perfect IVs. That can breed with anything and will usually satisfy most of your needs.

If you're referring to HeartGold & SoulSilver, then its Method K. Method J is for DPPt only, Method K for HGSS only.
thanks

Do you want something like flawless IVs? If so, then I think your parent pokemons have to be somewhat decent though (maybe 31 IVs in two or three stats) because, based on my own experience, RNGReporter can help you come up with three—or, if your frames permitted, four—fixed stats. The remaining stats has to be passed on from the parent pokemons.

Edit: Nvm Gameman87 already answered it.

Wondering if it's possible to RNG one of the 3 legends from the HG/SS arceus event (Dialga, palkia, giratina). OmegaDonut's trade thread has an RNG'ed dialga from it.

So uh, I've been RNG'ing shiny eggs on my platinum game for a while now, but I'd still consider myself a n00b as far as knowledge on RNG'ing. Well I sometimes find myself catching a pokemon and getting the seed from IVs for 30+ minutes, because I always try to find a shiny seed along with a decent nature (and anything beyond 100 taps is too much for my pea brain). In the guide it says to never to use an everstone when RNG'ing. Wouldn't using an everstone make finding a shiny with a desired nature much easier? Is there a way to tell RNG reporter that I'm using an everstone, or is this not supported yet?

And as always, via the Power Brace 100% of the offspring had maximum attack IVs. One offspring (out of five I may note) inherited the mother's max HP IV. A pattern I see often.
So then do Power items ensure the passing down of the IV they correspond to? Which games does this apply to? Is there any more information about this anywhere?

Wondering if it's possible to RNG one of the 3 legends from the HG/SS arceus event (Dialga, palkia, giratina). OmegaDonut's trade thread has an RNG'ed dialga from it.
I believe it's method 1, since it's probably considered as gift pokemon.
A few pages back, someone has already asked about this, also.

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
The Sinnoh legendaries are included when I say on the front page "Everything else: frame 1".

Are the Power items (Power Weight, Power Anklet, etc.) at all helpful for RNG breeding, or are they in the same category as the Everstone (helpful to "normal" breeding, but not to RNG breeding)?

Also, do you all think that there is a way to advance the IRNG in HG/SS (other than collecting every egg, of course), but we just haven't discovered it yet, or not?

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Are the Power items (Power Weight, Power Anklet, etc.) at all helpful for RNG breeding, or are they in the same category as the Everstone (helpful to "normal" breeding, but not to RNG breeding)?

Also, do you all think that there is a way to advance the IRNG in HG/SS (other than collecting every egg, of course), but we just haven't discovered it yet, or not?
Someone in the research thread mentioned the Voltorb Flip game advanced the IRNG.

There's someone here who's been posting their research on the Power items, but not the research I'd like to see. Useful research would answer "how do the Power items affect the egg IV spreads?" Does it simply forward the RNG until it reaches an egg IV spread that passes down the appropriate parent's IV? Or does it actually modify the IV spread for that frame?

EDIT: I'm referring to this person:
Breeding conditions:
Father - Max Attack and Speed w/ Power Brace (attack)
Mother - Max Hp and Speed, Adamant nature w/ Everstone

Gonna keep breeding more and update this post.

Notice however that because both parents have the max speed IV 3 out of 5 of the offspring had maximum speed IVs.
And as always, via the Power Brace 100% of the offspring had maximum attack IVs. One offspring (out of five I may note) inherited the mother's max HP IV. A pattern I see often.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)