Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

oke so why is romsstars elms guide gone? i have a pretty basic question btw. is my starting frame when i enter the game (counting the fact i have NO roamers out) always 1? im guessing its not as experience is telling me otherwise, still i have to ask. if its not. Romsstar, how can i check my frame with your seed verifier using the elm methode, no roamers? iv hit my seed like 3 times already and the first 10 results match up to verify my seed. than using the check my current seed thing i always get the 0 result after verification. the other results always match up as well. my frame should be 11(10 from the seed verification and 1 being the starting frame) +the number of calls i make afterwards, correct? there is no way my starting frame can be higher if all results match up right?

i have a question... is there a way to find my SID without having to catch a shiny pokemon? i have platinum and my luck on shinies isnt that great...

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
So if I want to use the Elm method for Egg IV abuse, the frame my egg on should be at least 11 (or so) or higher, right?
Not necessarily. Its recommended though. You can still potentially verify your seed with fewer calls. Also, the NPC on the bottom might move before you select your pokegear. This will shift the order of your calls. Lets say he made 2 movements (which he usually does). That would advance the frame by 2 and your first call to Elm would be the 3rd one in the order for that seed.

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I'm consistently getting the "Too many IV combinations... blah blah blah" message.

But legendaries will work, right?
then you need to catch a higher leveled pokemon legends work too as long as they are level 49 and above since your using the stats option.

I'm consistently getting the "Too many IV combinations... blah blah blah" message.

But legendaries will work, right?
You could always try and work out the IVs for yourself (rare candies + metalkid's IV calculator), then use the IVs to Seed tab.

Just abused for my Extremespeed Dratini, using the roamers method in PHS to check my seed. Worked nicely, except once when I hit my delay but managed to be one second off somehow, thus getting the roamers to be the same as what I was looking for.

I'm trying to find a starting frame on Platinum so I can hatch a perfect egg. But it is constantly changing, sometimes it is 6, 7 and 8. Not sure which one it is. Help?

Just resave. If you're getting between 5-7 advances in the time it takes to grab the egg, it's going to be a pain when you start going for your target. Just wait a minute or so then resave and try again.

Seed Verifier 0.4 Beta

Changelog 0.4:

- Corrected Frames so your correct Frame Amount is displayed
- Removed Changecolor Function (As it was basically pointless)
- Placed there a Panel that Entering the Routes is experimental as at this point I can't tell exactly how to use them properly, maybe at some point I gotta remove them too, I really don't see their purpose, they only screw things up.LOL
- Removed the irritating 0: Seed Display at Current Seed Finder (OmegaDonuts Suggestion)
- If you enter a Seed that is a higher amount than a normal seed it will be cut to it's right length (Pehu did this, credits to him for that)

Breeding conditions:
Father - Max Attack and Speed w/ Power Brace (attack)
Mother - Max Hp and Speed, Adamant nature w/ Everstone
1. Hasty - Max Attack and Speed
2. Calm - Max Attack and Speed
3. Adamant - Max Attack
4. Brave - Max Hp and Attack
5. Adamant - Max Attack and Speed
Gonna keep breeding more and update this post.

Notice however that because both parents have the max speed IV 3 out of 5 of the offspring had maximum speed IVs.
And as always, via the Power Brace 100% of the offspring had maximum attack IVs. One offspring (out of five I may note) inherited the mother's max HP IV. A pattern I see often.

I was 6 frames/whatevers off of my target seed, so to fix this, do I just have to perfect the time at which I sr/press continue?

Hey, I'm abusing for my ID/SID.
So when calibrating for my delay while using Emloop, do I click A as the timer reaches zero at the TV screen, or do I have to take into account the time it takes to say the words after the TV screen...?

Princess Emily

Fear the nice-smelling Princess!
BTW, did anybody requested before to make an RNG program for Voltorb Flips?
I like to have many coins, but you can't buy it nowadays, so it will be a good idea for someone to do RNG on Voltorb Flips.
We like it to do the quicker way, not wait for a million years to get 99,999 coins.
Reason for getting the coins is to RNG the Game Corner Pokemon, like Eevee, Porygon, etc...

Just like checking your seed in catching Pokes, we can also check our seed by seeing what pattern will show up on the game board or something.
And if there will be a program, it must also show what squares in a board have number 3s, 2s, or Voltorbs...

Anyway, it'll be a good idea if someone will create an RNG Reporter on Voltorb Flips...
For reason of RNGing Game Corner Pokes.

I like to have many coins, but you can't buy it nowadays, so it will be a good idea for someone to do RNG on Voltorb Flips.
We like it to do the quicker way, not wait for a million years to get 99,999 coins.
Reason for getting the coins is to RNG the Game Corner Pokemon, like Eevee, Porygon, etc...

Just like checking your seed in catching Pokes, we can also check our seed by seeing what pattern will show up on the game board or something.
And if there will be a program, it must also show what squares in a board have number 3s, 2s, or Voltorbs...

Anyway, it'll be a good idea if someone will create an RNG Reporter on Voltorb Flips...
Doubt that can be RNG'ed. The pokes most likely can though. Just try to get all the money you can...

Nexus

Forever the Recusant

seems like a waste of time, first there is already a good way to check seeds with the radio, second the pokemon you get from there you can breed them and even hatch them there so no real benefit for going through that trouble besides the novelty value, and you don't need 99,999 coins just 9,999 for porygon, but if a good number of people feel like its worth it then why not.

The closest thing to that would be a voltorb clip calculator. Google it and you'll find it as the first result on filetrip. I second Nexus's comment.

I'm in the middle of RNGing Latias. I've got a savestate on my seed 870e0455. Frame 59 is my target frame. I get about a +7 frame advances when talking to Stephen. Using the PHS seed verifier, I advance to frame 52, and I get the Latias matching frame 58. So I talk to Elm one extra time to get to frame 53, and I get the Latias matching frame 61??

Is this just part of the craziness of RNGing Lati@s? And does anyone have any tips or ideas on how to get this crazy Lati?

Thanks!

Okay... For some reason my delay + seconds doesn't match up with Romsster's program.

I'm aiming for a delay of 2427. My seed is a4160986.
My pokegear needs to say
a4160986:Raikou:44 Entei:45 Starting Frame:3

However, I just hit saw this when attempting to hit my seed.
My Pokegear says the roamers are at Raikou:38, Entei: 35

Which I couldn't find on the program, so I just caught it (Sudowoodo), then Rare Candied my poke to level 50ish to get the Ivs.
I plugged the Stats into metalkid's calculator.

And then found my seed was A4160984.

However, the seed in Romsster's program, said the roamers would be at,
a4160984:Raikou:29 Entei:38 Starting Frame:3

So, what's happening?

EDIT: Could the position of where you are affect what frames show? Because I was abusing Sudowoodo, but now I'm trying to get Dratini, but instead of
Raikou:38, Entei: 35 for seed a4160984 when I was abusing Sudowoodo

I'm getting a4160984:Raikou:29 Entei:38 Starting Frame:3

I'm at 8th gym place. Blackthorn?

Okay... For some reason my delay + seconds doesn't match up with Romsster's program.

I'm aiming for a delay of 2427. My seed is a4160986.
My pokegear needs to say
a4160986:Raikou:44 Entei:45 Starting Frame:3

However, I just hit saw this when attempting to hit my seed.
My Pokegear says the roamers are at Raikou:38, Entei: 35

Which I couldn't find on the program, so I just caught it (Sudowoodo), then Rare Candied my poke to level 50ish to get the Ivs.
I plugged the Stats into metalkid's calculator.

And then found my seed was A4160984.

However, the seed in Romsster's program, said the roamers would be at,
a4160984:Raikou:29 Entei:38 Starting Frame:3

So, what's happening?

EDIT: Could the position of where you are affect what frames show? Because I was abusing Sudowoodo, but now I'm trying to get Dratini, but instead of
Raikou:38, Entei: 35 for seed a4160984 when I was abusing Sudowoodo

I'm getting a4160984:Raikou:29 Entei:38 Starting Frame:3

I'm at 8th gym place. Blackthorn?
First of all: The RNG at Sudowoodo is not calm which makes it hard to abuse.
The RNG at Dratini is though..
So did I get that right, that the Routes for your Roamers also didn't match when you tried to abuse for Dratini?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 28)