Team Monotype Premier League III Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoW

formally Death on Wings
I'm starting to hate people thinking I'm actually good lol

Last year when I played BW even deg was like "are you sure we don't need to draft a proper bw player" but now people are expecting me to actually perform well smh

I'm sure most of this isn't new to most managers but I'm really scared after these mock drafts LOL I swear I'm kinda joking but for real please don't draft these people or at least don't draft me with them and give my team free wins

Obligatory disclaimer: If you think you fall into one of these categories, don't worry. You have five more days before the auction. You can see what is probably not a good thing to do so you can fix that. As much as I'm not joking, nothing is unchangeable. wait actually some things can't be fixed. gl if you're in the bottom half LOL

Monotype Premier League III SM and ORAS Draft Guide

Part 1: Don't Draft Crazy

First, this might be Monotype Premier League, but let's be real. You're going to get more bang for your buck by going to a different tier and buying someone who you can pass a team to than going to <redacted>.psim.us to pick up some random from like the Nyan League (or maybe you won't if you're into that idk) or buying someone who's been playing Grass or whatever for like five years and still isn't an obvious buy. Be smart, you know who's a bad idea.

I won't name anyone here specifically because that's not nice right. But you already know.

Players that refuse to play more than one type. Everyone's got to start somewhere, but come on. Monotype BLT might have let them get away with spamming Fire or Dragon without a single person cteaming them, but MPL is a different beast. If they're willing to learn and use new types, then they're definitely a fine pick.
  • Is this you? Make sure the managers you talk to know you're open to learning. It's 100% ok to start off playing Monotype with only one type, but you've gotta branch out some time. If you get drafted, your team can and will help you with this. Don't worry too much and just get some practice in playing and building other types. But for real, though there are enough role-players running around, don't be one of them lol.
Players that refuse to play types with an average win rate above 20%. You're really shooting yourself in the foot if all they've got are lord types like Ice, Grass, Rock, and Ghost. “But it beats Flying/Fairy/Psychic” yea ok whatever man. I'd stay far, far, far away from these.
  • Is this you? By god please just read the Beginner's Guide (shameless plug) and pick one of the types I recommended. Learn it and learn more. You're not doing yourself any favors only playing bad types. Your tournament record will reflect the low viability of bad types if you don't. As much as you might not care about winning when you use Rock, your team wants to win.
Players that only play on the ladder and think that's the only metric of success. Shoutout to Shadestep for posting before I did. Ladder is ladder. That's a completely different environment. They're also playing a different set of players. Get a few tryouts in first before you put in that solid 4.5k on that one guy who went 36-4 on the ladder but is about to go 0-4.
  • Is this you? Look, I really am happy for you that you got top 10 with Fighting. But gonna be blunt with you, that's not that amazing. You've gotta start playing in tours and stuff, but it's a bit late for that. For now, do what Shadestep said. Talk to managers and show your skill is still clean even off of the ladder.
Players you already know are team cancer and might just get bopped for something midway through the season. If you think you're getting a full refund/completely free pick after some goon you bought gets blacklisted from the tour, you're out of your mind. You don't have to buy someone that plays well and burns every bridge in the community while getting himself infracted or locked or something. Just get someone that plays well and save yourself (and me) the trouble.

Players that really just don't get mons. They're the ones that use no Water-immunity Ground, Skarmory and Celesteela as Magnezone switch-in, Shadow Ball / Psychic Whimsicott Grass, se Sandstorm + Trick Room Jirachi Steel, or nothing faster than Mega Charizard Y Flying. Sometimes there are players that can play like a god but can't build. Yea, you already know these people are different. Worth 3k? Like idk man you could ask your girlfriend or some cheerleader to sign up and buy them for 3k... probably get more value from them. at least they aren't building your teams and insisting on helping you put that clean Sandstorm in lol

Players that insist on appending xaa or feelsgd to every line. Why put yourself and your team through the torture? That's not going to be good for you; that's not going to be good for anyone. And either way, unless you get like one of the two people that do this but also actually know how to build Steel teams with Pokemon faster than Heatran, they're usually pretty terrible anyway. Enter <redacted>.psim.us at your own risk.

Players that use "Alliance" in their name. Please please please please don't draft anyone in this group. To be honest, this sort of overlaps with literally all of the others but by god this is the most important thing you can get from this. I don't even know what to say that I haven't. It's like someone took all six things I said were bad and put them into a single group of people. Watch out. You might be tempted but just remember who their real boss is. If you buy one of these I'll never forgive you.

Well. This guide kind of precludes a rather large percent of the community… I'll be back with Part 2 (who to draft) some time if I don't get too lazy to finish this. Save me and your team from a bad season by drafting smart and not getting a handful of goons.

Seems legit and all, the best way to have fun and win at the same time is to go about it seriously (though it's never healthy to be too serious), but this guide applies to a small number of people and an even smaller number within that group actually need it. Can't help but think you're just trying to squeeze in shots like usual with all the not-so-subtle, but unnamed references to people lol

I know it might seem a bit crazy to draft me and tbh it probably is xaa feelsgd. I play only ice and if I get asked to play anything other than ice I will literally throw the match. I have an impeccable 1204 on the monotype ladder. And I have been known to cheat in multiple tournys but shiiiit you still gon draft me. Ill be the guy that leads your team to victory with my iron ball trick kyurem. (Trust me guys its good x)) also I refuse to change any of my sets since they are already pure perfection xaa. Shoutouts to my main side server buddies alliance-deporter and alliance-distorter.

iLlama

Nothing personal, I protect my people
Eien sucks
Players that use "Alliance" in their name. Please please please please don't draft anyone in this group. To be honest, this sort of overlaps with literally all of the others but by god this is the most important thing you can get from this. I don't even know what to say that I haven't. It's like someone took all six things I said were bad and put them into a single group of people. Watch out. You might be tempted but just remember who their real boss is. If you buy one of these I'll never forgive you.
mpl3 meme 1.png

:thinking:

If you read any part of this post, if you take any part of this post serious. THIS is the most crucial thing to consider. Holy mother of Arceus, just head Eien 's warning warning on this.

Omega-Xis

Mauville's Own
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Part 1: Don't Draft Crazy

First, this might be Monotype Premier League, but let's be real. You're going to get more bang for your buck by going to a different tier and buying someone who you can pass a team to than going to <redacted>.psim.us to pick up some random from like the Nyan League (or maybe you won't if you're into that idk) or buying someone who's been playing Grass or whatever for like five years and still isn't an obvious buy. Be smart, you know who's a bad idea.

I won't name anyone here specifically because that's not nice right. But you already know.
Leave juleo and Crimson Torrent out of this. And the Nyan League. Who are you to mock someone for their Liepard + A-Persian core? Council scum.

Players that refuse to play more than one type. Everyone's got to start somewhere, but come on. Monotype BLT might have let them get away with spamming Fire or Dragon without a single person cteaming them, but MPL is a different beast. If they're willing to learn and use new types, then they're definitely a fine pick.
  • Is this you? Make sure the managers you talk to know you're open to learning. It's 100% ok to start off playing Monotype with only one type, but you've gotta branch out some time. If you get drafted, your team can and will help you with this. Don't worry too much and just get some practice in playing and building other types. But for real, though there are enough role-players running around, don't be one of them lol.
/me asks Eien-sama for a team.

Players that refuse to play types with an average win rate above 20%. You're really shooting yourself in the foot if all they've got are lord types like Ice, Grass, Rock, and Ghost. “But it beats Flying/Fairy/Psychic” yea ok whatever man. I'd stay far, far, far away from these.
  • Is this you? By god please just read the Beginner's Guide (shameless plug) and pick one of the types I recommended. Learn it and learn more. You're not doing yourself any favors only playing bad types. Your tournament record will reflect the low viability of bad types if you don't. As much as you might not care about winning when you use Rock, your team wants to win.
I play Grass and Serp should be no higher than B rank OML

Players that only play on the ladder and think that's the only metric of success. Shoutout to Shadestep for posting before I did. Ladder is ladder. That's a completely different environment. They're also playing a different set of players. Get a few tryouts in first before you put in that solid 4.5k on that one guy who went 36-4 on the ladder but is about to go 0-4.
  • Is this you? Look, I really am happy for you that you got top 10 with Fighting. But gonna be blunt with you, that's not that amazing. You've gotta start playing in tours and stuff, but it's a bit late for that. For now, do what Shadestep said. Talk to managers and show your skill is still clean even off of the ladder.
But Eien Gourg-S Grass worked for me on ladder who are you to tell me it can't work off ladder.

Players you already know are team cancer and might just get bopped for something midway through the season. If you think you're getting a full refund/completely free pick after some goon you bought gets blacklisted from the tour, you're out of your mind. You don't have to buy someone that plays well and burns every bridge in the community while getting himself infracted or locked or something. Just get someone that plays well and save yourself (and me) the trouble.
Talk shit get hit.

Players that really just don't get mons. They're the ones that use no Water-immunity Ground, Skarmory and Celesteela as Magnezone switch-in, Shadow Ball / Psychic Whimsicott Grass, se Sandstorm + Trick Room Jirachi Steel, or nothing faster than Mega Charizard Y Flying. Sometimes there are players that can play like a god but can't build. Yea, you already know these people are different. Worth 3k? Like idk man you could ask your girlfriend or some cheerleader to sign up and buy them for 3k... probably get more value from them. at least they aren't building your teams and insisting on helping you put that clean Sandstorm in lol
Hey dude, that random side server dude who used Sandstorm Normal with Stoutland was on the cutting edge

Players that insist on appending xaa or feelsgd to every line. Why put yourself and your team through the torture? That's not going to be good for you; that's not going to be good for anyone. And either way, unless you get like one of the two people that do this but also actually know how to build Steel teams with Pokemon faster than Heatran, they're usually pretty terrible anyway. Enter <redacted>.psim.us at your own risk.
Must be feelsgd if you're a manager because then you can draft yourself if you want totally not thinking about a certain prior MPL xaa xd

Lol hope you're ready to get sued into oblivion by the Paki lawyer himself. Better be ready to pony up all your fake bling lad.

Last edited:
Can't help but think you're just trying to squeeze in shots like usual with all the not-so-subtle, but unnamed references to people lol
cant u just call people out by name instead of spending time making posts with not so subtle call outs
Okay I did some digging and found a list of people

SHUT UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUP
STOP TAKING THIS CRAP SERIOUSLY AND BEING SO DAMN ANNOYING TO START STUFF HERE OR THIS WILL BE MY FIST IN YOUR DAMN FACE ESTUPIDO

Acast

Ghost of a Forum Mod & PS Room Owner
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
When Misaka starts breaking out the anime gifs, you know shit is getting serious.

But really, Eien's post is just poking fun. We can all laugh at each other once in a while.

Well, except for this one:
I'm completely serious about this. Please don't be one of these people. I cringe. The other managers cringe. You would cringe if you could see it from our perspective. Just don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)