Team Monotype Premier League III Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Btw that outburst was just a culmination of other things happening in my life so im dropping that shit with shadestep. But you know whats not dropped? My draft value! Hit that .nom for 100 years good luck and a bag of skittles.

Sorry for ruining all the meme posts about my flip out by deleting it but it said some pretty foul shit and it was due to some irl shit I was going through. I already apologized to shadestep. But since I ruined a decent amount of memes ill post one in the chat here to try to make up for it

Sorry for ruining all the meme posts about my flip out by deleting it but it said some pretty foul shit and it was due to some irl shit I was going through. I already apologized to shadestep. But since I ruined a decent amount of memes ill post one in the chat here to try to make up for it

What does this mean

Eevee General was right last year; we really can't handle having a thread like this. Jokes made in good-natured humor that everyone can laugh at is fine, but the bashing of individual people goes too far. I loved the funny memes as much as everyone else, but if we can't be mature about it, then we can't have it. I was considering being more strict last time something like this happened, but I wanted to give it one more chance because we've never had a casual thread for the community. That was a mistake and I should have come down on it back then.

I would close this thread now, but the auction is happening tomorrow and I want people to have a place to discuss the results. As a result, I'm leaving this thread open. However, make sure your posts are directly relevant to Monotype Premier League III. If you want to meme, we have the casual Discord MPL channel, in which you can do so. Posts that are irrelevant to the tournament or insubstantial will be deleted from this point forward.

On that note, signups have closed. Auction will be held Sunday April 9 at 7 PM UTC+0. I hope to see you all there. I'll make an announcement post here, on Discord, and in the Monotype chatroom if we change which room the auction will be held in.

idk if this has been asked yet, and sorry if it has, but is there gonna be a midseason auction?
The managers agreed that there won't be one. We may have a midseason event anyway, but there will definitely not be a midseason auction.

Shadestep

volition immanent
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
even though there won't be a midseason auction, me and a couple others were still interested in hosting a Official Monotype Premier League Farm League swiss-style tournament, for those unable to get onto a team but still want to experience SM Monotype at a highly competitive level. Omega-Xis has already offered her help.
If enough interest, Sign-Ups would go up somewhere next week, shortly after the MPL Draft. Even though there's no direct reward in performing well in Draft League, it will still show off how well you can perform in a swiss style format and may be a good step up from a 'probably just another random' to 'nah he's actually kinda decent'.

If you're interested in this idea, be sure to LIKE THIS POST as a notification of how much interest there would potentially be.

-Monomafia Snakestep out.

Last edited:
even though there won't be a midseason auction, me and a couple others were still interested in hosting a Official Monotype Premier League Farm League swiss-style tournament, for those unable to get onto a tram but still want to experience SM Monotype at a highly competitive level. Omega-Xis has already offered her help.
If enough interest, Sign-Ups would go up somewhere next week, shortly after the MPL Draft. Even though there's no direct reward in performing well in Draft League, it will still show off how well you can perform in a swiss style format and may be a good step up from a 'probably just another random' to 'nah he's actually kinda decent'.

If you're interested in this idea, be sure to LIKE THIS POST as a notification of how much interest there would potentially be.

-Monomafia Snakestep out.
Shadestep said it himself but I want to make it super clear that this is not directly affiliated with Monotype Premier League III because we are not having a midseason auction. That being said, as all good farmers know, it takes time for your plants to grow. If you put in the time in the Farm League, your hard work may sprout and bear fruit in next year's Monotype Premier League!

No, but really jokes aside, there is no midseason auction, so if we do host this tournament, it is purely for fun and for greater inclusion of the community. I don't want people to work really hard and show off their talent but then be disappointed when there's no second auction for them. I can guarantee that if you do very well in the tournament that people will be watching the best players closely, though. There is still incentive to play in this tournament and show off your skill. Remember how many managers and people reference tournament performance? I'm personally excited and love the idea.

Entei

TIMMEHHHHHHHHHHHHhHhhhh
is a Tiering Contributor
Just a "pep talk" for all you newcomers and first time premier league players(and other people..).

If you dont get drafted today, you are probably not skilled enough or not known enough as an individual in the community. I apologise for how harsh it sounds, i'm being realistic.
I'm asking you to keep going, keep getting better at playing this game, have more interest in discussion threads and the chat in the room, you will find out stuff you have never though of(trust me), wether they are viable or not.
Sometimes a meme set may be that tiny piece of creativity, which gave you the great idea you were missing to build something greater.

And to those that are good and are known, you're probably known as a troublemaker, grow the fuck up. we don't want to hate you, it's your behaviour that makes us have that feeling.

Do not beat yourself up, reflect upon your play and your doings in chat/on this forum, seek what is wrong if you want any part of this and future team tours or generally your place in the community, if you're just mediocre, thats ok, seek competitive help from the community,
They will direct you to the right people, not everything said in chat and/or by staff is correct, remember that.
Eventually you will get better and compete on a higher ground, just play the game, keep yourself off of wrong-doings regarding forum/room policies, and well moral stuff such as attacking an individual anywhere.

If it's trouble youre creating, stop it. you will not get anywhere, you will not be liked by anyone for making shitstorms, its really all looked at attention whoring.
As idiotic as it may sound to you, seeking for approval on a pokemon simulator from staff/veterans is not going to make you better, thats what every single one of you are doing in reality.
It does nor will help you, getting better is on you, if you spend all your time on getting noticed instead of prompting your play, what is there to notice? <-think of it this way.

Again i apologise if this all sounds attacking or if you're offended by this, but please look at the facts, this post is not meant to dismotivate you, its meant to wake you up.

Just remember, there is another MPL, and you have by this time next year to unfold. become mature and think more about what you are doing, toward other people, and during play.

And before you say "lol this guy is taking mons too seriously" , i really don't, i personally barely have time to even log on anymore given rl situation, i dont even know if ill make it to any match i'll have to play, if i get drafted at all,
To me, it would just suck if a community i've been a part of in forever would fall apart because a huge portion of it would quit or get frustrated and that sort of stuff,
Do what i do and ask yourself this: what is left of a metagame without its community? exactly, nothing.

Ball is on your side now, i'd like to think i've done my part.. Take it any way you want, just know this is for you not against you.

Last edited:

Vid

Our life is what our thoughts make it
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Manager Rankings
I wanted to do a quick preview of managers and what I think what people they would draft and which managers will buy themselves.
Please don't take anything to heart I am not trying to be mean or anything, I am just trying to give my opinion based on my experiences in MPL I and II.
I've been on a worst team (Salacious Swamperts MPL II) in MPL and the best (Ambitious Altarias MPL I) so I've seen good managing and bad as well, so without further ado here are my manager rankings.
  • Acast and Bondie - Bloom Doom Glooms
I believe Acast and Bonide may be the Devious Diancies of MPL III (They haxed every team and won MPL II). They probably will take most gambles on unknown players, which may or pay of. From experience from MPL II (Salacious Swamperts we finished last) drafting multiple unknown players is a bad idea because majority of the time they do not deliver because of immense amount of pressure that is put on them. For newer / unknown players I would recommend asking Acast or Bonide for a tryout last minute tryout. The Bloom Doom Glooms may turn out to be a bust like Salacious Swamperts were in MPL II or the champions like the Devious Diancies.
Positives
* Unknown players may be cheaper
* They will have all of their credits
Negatives
* Unknown Players may not deliver
* Both of managers won't likely buy themselves, so overpaying may be likely.
* Their predicted strategy may not work out and is hit or miss
* Acast has a history of overpaying for certain players
  • Omega-Xis and Dirpz - Mauville Memers
Omega and Dirpz are probably the best at drafting out of every manager and have shown they can assemble a team that can win every year in MPL when they both managed their own teams. Mauville Memers have a great shot at winning this year based on management alone. Omega and Dirpz are the best memers in Monotype community, so it will not be boring to play for them. Like the Bloom Doom Glooms they will have all of their credits to spend on players. However, I feel they are unlikely to overpay based on how good they are at drafting, which means they are likely to win MPL III.
Positives
* They have all their credits
* Proven they can make a team that can compete
* These guys are the most fun managers
* Best memers in Monotype
Negatives
* Really nothing major expect they haven't won in MPL before

• Azelea and Zarif - Blackthorn Bucks
The last two years of MPL, Azelea and Zarif have both played Mono OMs, so seeing them play something different will be a great. I feel like their draft plan isn't clear at the moment. These guys are in a tough spot and are in a pretty bad place, since both of these guys really want to play.
Positives
* Azelea and Zarif haven't played anything outside of OMs so people don't know what they'll bring to MPL
* Good name
* People can't guess their draft plan or direction until draft starts
Negatives
* They'll be in the hole 30k with slightly worse manager core than others.
* Unproven managers. We don't what to expect
  • Misaka Mikoto and Balto - Petalburg Porygons
This team is unclear as well because their direction will determined by if Misaka buys herself for 15k. The insecurity of not knowing what this team is going to do is scary to say the least. However, Balto is a great player and has been consistent in MPL. This will also be Misaka's first time managing and most people are unsure of her draft plans until draft starts
Positives
* Having Balto for 15k
* Unpredictability
Negatives
* Inexperienced in managing
* Doubts of what direction the team will go
* This team may take a gamble on one unknown player, but it isn't a big deal
  • Arifeen and Lax - Amber Aeros
Arifeen and Lax have been out of Monotype community and have only recently came back. They will most likely draft good players from tours. This is probably a good thing because most tours players can learn Monotype pretty easily unlike most players. The big question mark here are Arifeen and Lax ready for play Monotype again at a high level for a short time. I think both of these guys may have an of week but will Bounce Back in later weeks.
Positives
* They have a direction
* Cheaper Players
* Decent value for manger pack
Negatives
* Will certain tour players be really expensive
* First time managing in MPL, so not proven yet
  • 1 True Lycan and Sabella - Hearthome Honchkrows
These two are not doubt the best managers in terms of battling. Both of managers in this draft would probably be worth 30k a piece and getting them for 15k a piece is great. The big question mark here is management will these guys be able to manage a team. Although, Sabella has some managing experience from MPL II, which will probably come in handy.
Positives
* Best managers in terms of battling
* Lots of MPL experience in terms of battling
Negatives
* Management
* Credits will they overpay for certain players
  • Anttya and Ticktick - Littleroot Lotads
These two are both very interesting in terms of battling as Ticken is only there for Monothreat, while where Anttya will be playing is a big question mark. This team is a Wild Card that might win MPL if they draft right pieces around these two. They can probably just draft good players and be fine in draft unlike others teams that need Monothreat
Positives
* Ticken is a great buy 15k Monothreat wins
* They will have easiest time drafting because they won't need a monothreat player
* Winning Experience
Negatives
* Does Anttya still have it? Can Anttya compete at a high level again?

• Paleo and Yaksok - Meteor Falls Miniors
Paleo is one of the best Monotype players, while Yaksok is one of most underrated players. If these guys get the right pieces to build they can win MPL III. This team has also been very quiet, so what they are going to do is a surprise.
Positives
* Good manager package for 30k
* Unpredictably in draft
Negatives
* No management experience
* No MPL winning experience

MPL Manager Rankings
  1. Omega-Xis and Dirpz - Mauville Memers
  2. 1 True Lycan and Sabella - Hearthome Honchkrows
  3. Anttya and Ticktick - Littleroot Lotads
  4. Paleo and Yaksok - Meteor Falls Miniors
  5. Arifeen and Lax - Amber Aeros
  6. Azelea and Zarif - Blackthorn Bucks
  7. Misaka Mikoto and Balto - Petalburg Porygons
  8. Acast and Bondie - Bloom Doom Glooms

Thank you to everyone that attended the draft! We've finally finished and we're all set.

Teams:
Bloom Doom Glooms: Acast, Dak Prescott, iVid, Sae Sae, torkool, Death on Wings, AnimusMajulous, A Tyke, Shiba, Anty
Mauville Memers: p2, Croven, Shadestep, Entei, iGlack, Ashaury, ICT, North, AV8, ceraa, Level 56, tko, Mold
Blackthorn Bucks: Zarif, rnbs, Attribute, Wyn, Solidsweeps, Shining Yin, 6ti, Temperarious, illama, Natalie, doubleswitches, izaya2, Haund
Petalburg Porygons: Balto, Ridley, Hmy, Clearly, Crestfall, terrors, Dominatio, KevinELF, nomadderwhat, jiggle
Amber Aeros: Lax, Arifeen, rozes, Chras001, Bushtush, -Tsunami-, Feliburn, Kushalos, passion, Endal, trash, christo,Kingler12345
Hearthome Honchkrows: 1 True Lycan, Sabella, TraceofLife, wanka, Pak,soulgazer, Diakou, SirSkit, Pearl, Crashy, leru, Waszap, jase duken, dawnmidst
Littleroot Lotads: Anttya, Ticken, TheThorn, ArkenCiel, Zukushiku, Empo, obii, Seager, iExca, Nightwingg95
Meteor Falls Miniors: Paleo, Ssalbap, Eien, Freeroamer, Bax, Kiyo, Confide, Void, Porkchopman, H.M.N.I.P

If you are on that list, congratulations on getting drafted!

Here are the results of the event:
Draft List (Chronological Order): https://pastebin.com/T9ypJvK9
Draft List (Ordered by Price): https://pastebin.com/NFwsiYLv
Logs: https://pastebin.com/gv4StLLw

Good luck everyone and let's have a great season. Feel free to discuss the draft and upcoming event in this thread!

Bloom Doom Glooms: Acast, Dak Prescott, iVid, Sae Sae, torkool, Death on Wings, AnimusMajulous, A Tyke, Shiba, Anty

SM - A Tyke
SM - A Tyke
bo3 - A Tyke
ORAS - A Tyke
ORAS - A Tyke
BW - A Tyke
BW - A Tyke
Threat - A Tyke
Subs: Acast, Dak Prescott, iVid, Sae Sae, torkool, Death on Wings, AnimusMajulous, Shiba, Anty

mpl3 , we comin for ya.

Crestfall

levitate, levitate, levitate, levitate
We have a cool spreadsheet like last year showing everyone and their price/records and whatnot? If yes someone pls link

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)