Media Minecraft Discussion Thread

Reduce server stress? i have a sub-par laptop and i can run a FTB lan server that always has a 64x64 quarry running and around 6 chunks loaded. the chunk loading isnt stress causing if you use them right. Lack of EE3 means i wont be on it myself, the most OP thing i can do with it is turn the drops from a zombie-pigman farm into basically unlimited iron/diamond along with the gold. and that requires getting 512 kills on a soul shard. (then again, thats easy with the soul shard bug, said bug allows you to combine shards in an anvil. 10 shards with 1 soul becomes 1 tier 5 shard)

im applying right now if anyone on the server could vouch for me that could help but otherwise ill be on in a couple of days. And EE3 is not that great of a mod its ok but not great.

*Cough*enderpearls from iron*coughs*
also, EE3 is very WIP. it only has the minuim stone, give it time. Also, are there limits on soul shards?

@megados sure there should be no problem getting accepted

@Hydrarattler
If you want more information on the rules, read the sidebar on the wiki. I don't really know much about specific rules because frankly I don't really understand most of FTB anyway. As a rule of thumb though it might be good to just ask someone before you do anything that you think might be banned for whatever reason.

And EE3 was disabled because its pretty damn OP. You can literally turn wood into diamonds very easily, enderpearls into iron just like you said. As for soul shards, I haven't heard of any limits or bans although people are advised to not have spawners left running unnecessarily.

Remember when Sal griefed Kanto?

You know how he got punished? He got ownership of the server (which is prolly the worst thing we could have done to him actually)

Kinneas

puffoon
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I was thinking it would be cool to make a region in minecraft like this.

http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/411/276/1e7.jpg
Here's a few snapshots of my single player Kanto that I've been casually working on over the past year. It's a great deal bigger than most of the Kanto regions I've seen made that try to stick to an exact scale, which I think doesn't work at all in minecraft and makes the entire region look miniaturized. I try to stick to the world known in-game where I can, usually using HGSS for reference, but sometimes I just add entirely new areas when I'm bored, or things I remember from the anime.

This is Pallet Town, but you can also see more buildings off in the distance, because I felt like making it more of a town and less of a "whatever you call 3 buildings on their own".

Route 1. About 260 blocks long.

Pewter City Gym.

Part of Route 3.

Mt.Moon

Cerulean City Gym

It takes half a minecraft day to travel from Pallet Town to Pewter City in foot, which is just over 1000 blocks. It's also surprisingly easy to get lost in Viridian Forest in the first person perspective. :(

I'll post more if anybody is interested. Those are just the screenshots I already had from a while ago, and some of the areas are incomplete. They are mapped out and everything, but quite blocky (especially the dirt borders).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)