Media Minecraft Discussion Thread

Ivy

resident enigma
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor
2020-09-10_02.29.05.png

Maybe you haven’t heard, but Minecraft is this little game that has over 50 million users now. You start out alone near a village (if you're lucky) with a bunch of TESTIFICATEs that aren’t exactly human. You start punching trees and building shacks to be protected at night form all sorts of baddies, soon you will find yourself with castles stretched to the skies and portals to other worlds. Minecraft was one of the highest-selling games even while in beta. This thread will be for general Minecraft discussion as well as conversation on Smogon-affiliated servers.

As a rule we would like to encourage original discussion in this thread over simple game questions. Basic getting-started information and how to build machines and farms can be found on the Minecraft wiki here: minecraft.gamepedia.com/Minecraft_Wiki.
Furthermore, the in-game crafting guide helps some.

Play with smogoons!
We have a Discord server for discussions that are more spontaneous: spo.ink/minecraft

One of the primary features of the Discord server was a Pixelmon server provided by yours truly. The server is currently offline, but it can be reinstated at any time if people wish. The modpack we use for that server can be installed via the Technic launcher with the instructions at this page: www.technicpack.net/modpack/smogon-craft.1745968 (Click the "+ Install this modpack" button for the guide). My goal with this modpack is to provide an enhanced progression to enable a vast array of tools for building while also having ample facilities with which to build a Pixelmon team for friendly battles with fellow users.

Gallery:
2020-09-13_02.03.50.png2020-10-27_20.18.39.jpg2020-10-27_20.18.50.jpg2020-10-30_02.00.47.png2020-10-25_02.57.23.png2020-11-10_03.54.49.jpg

Ancient Smogcraft world downloads, for your nostalgia-perusing pleasure:

Happy building, may your constructs be free of creeper explosions.

Last edited:
ah wtf. i was just about to post a minecraft thread .-.
anyways fuck man this game is addicting. i've been playing it for about a month and it's such a great time waster. when i get the chance ill upload some screenshots of my house/world.

cim

happiness is such hard work
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
It's a lot better to play this on a server with some well meaning friends and good moderators. It's so much more fulfilling to be able to show someone your work and to work together on it.

There's 2 or 3 different servers at RPI that are all pretty fun.

Minecraft spawns the most epic videos found on youtube. Also, if anyone uploads servers frequently post them here so some of us can join :D

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
So this game is not rolling too popular,
It's an independant game by one person. It has sold over 500,000 copies. About 1.5 million players means 33% of the registered users are on the paid version of the game. That's about 7 million US dollars for the creator of the game. He was also flown to Bellvue by Valve and has been engaged in talks with them.

This is a popular game.

I love this game. Am I the only one who thinks that the sounds are sometimes SO annoying? I hate the nether the random screaming and the cows to. If you watch a youtube video you would know.

I am also addicted to this game, my colleague has a server set up on his laptop and a few of us from work have a pretty cool little world going. Even if it's only in Alpha stage, it's still a really intriguing game. It's worth buying if you have a lot of free time, but if you've got a busy schedule with school or work or whatever, I would suggest staying away until the holidays lol..

yes i am building a pyramid <<

I was gonna make a thread about this like 2 months ago, but I figured someone else will do it better. There's actually already a thread from a year ago about Minecraft with no replies.

Regardless, This game is pretty dang awesome. I'm an admin on a pretty sweet server (It was sweet before I was an admin :P), and I wasted quite a bit of time just messing around on there.

This game showed me how horrid I am at architecture, as the only "impressive" things I've done are "pixel art" which isn't really that cool anyway. I might post some later, as well as the server IP when it's done with the current downtime.

Rocket Grunt

✁ - - - - - - - - - -
is a Top Artist Alumnus
ive only really fucked around on the free servers
and made a couple pokeman sprites
but its pretty awesome

The game is very funny. I've played it just a little, but what I saw is better than people tell me.

But to say the truth, these days I've totally forgotten about the game (lol), guess I'll play it now. :)

I am the only one that when look at it remember of Picross 3D (Nintendo DS)?

I just got the game yesterday. Since I have no real experience yet, I've been playing on Peaceful. I used some staircase mining and found a cavern with some gold, some diamonds, plenty of coal, and a fair amount of Iron.

I used the iron on some armor (just because I felt like it), on a minecart and some tracks to go down to my cavern (not finished, yet), and on a couple buckets. I have an infinite pool near my house right now.

Can anyone tell me if the wood-generating boat placed near a cactus ring still works?

EDIT: http://servers.minecraftforum.net/ - servers there

Woo finally got our own privately hosted server to play on.. no more lag! Anyway, new server meant new map..

I just got the game yesterday. Since I have no real experience yet, I've been playing on Peaceful.
In my opinion early on it's way more fun on hard/normal more fun running from zombies. Exploring caves and venturing out into the night( going into the night is something I wouldn't do till later though when you have back up weapons and armor) Is so fun.
Also don't be afraid to die it's kind of like call of duty in a way you don't want to die but it's boring to sit back in a little corner and camp or dig a little hole and hide there everyday. I don't mean to suicide into the night but have fun. When you constructing something massive then go on peaceful so you can work at night but other wise it's way more fun on hard mode.

Also Dan Dan that's some pretty crazy stuff you got there.

I know how to make a server. In fact, I have a server right now, but that's for my school work. Call my teacher stupid, but he let us use minecraft to present our city of the future :/

Here are some of mine, not too exciting as Dan Dan's

I find venturing around to be more fun than staying in one place and building a place. What does everyone else think?

CACTUS FARM!

My tower I started building, supposed to reach every milestone point I have reached.

It's fun venturing off but dying sucks =/. It's a lot like cod like I said. You want to have fun but you don't want to die! I think going off into the unkown but leaving a trail behind and only going with a few expendable items is really fun. I like going in a full suit of iron armor, one bow and 32 arrows, one steel/diamond sword, and some food. Go and make small one night camps stay for 2 nights and explore and dig. On the last night I fight off monsters till sunrise then ride to another island for another adventure. I go until I die then it's back to finding diamonds and building giant structures!

It's fun venturing off but dying sucks =/. It's a lot like cod like I said. You want to have fun but you don't want to die! I think going off into the unkown but leaving a trail behind and only going with a few expendable items is really fun. I like going in a full suit of iron armor, one bow and 32 arrows, one steel/diamond sword, and some food. Go and make small one night camps stay for 2 nights and explore and dig. On the last night I fight off monsters till sunrise then ride to another island for another adventure. I go until I die then it's back to finding diamonds and building giant structures!
I have yet to find anything that's worth more than iron. I always find lava spots underground but never diamond near and I've dug literally to the center of the earth without finding any gold :(
Bad luck or whaaattt

I have yet to find anything that's worth more than iron. I always find lava spots underground but never diamond near and I've dug literally to the center of the earth without finding any gold :(
Bad luck or whaaattt

Diamonds are quite rare so don't stress out on it. Iron is actually really good but most people think it's only decent because "omg man diamonds are so much better." Iron items are actually better then gold. Gold is rare and looks nice, however based on the fact that gold is a soft material notch emphasized it and made it only as good as wood =/. Redstone is cool though ^_^.
If you really want to find diamonds then http://www.youtube.com/user/kiershar?blend=2&ob=1#p/u/23/7Jx1Unhhn94 should help but I think it's more fun to get them yourself though.
Also so you don't misunderstand I mean by digging 3x4 shafts not digging straight down until you reach a cave. Explore the caves you find while digging this 3x4 shaft and continue digging. Once at the bottom you've probably explored a good amount of caves and had a ton of fun. If you really want diamonds then now you're at the bottom and can use the guide or make a new shaft. Remember, it's all about luck.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)