International Wi-Fi Tournament - Autumn Friendly [OVER - Rankings Released Nov. 1st]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just battled a girl in the low 1200's. She was using tirtouga so I figured she was using in game or favorites... her darminitan superpowered my chandelure. ;-;

I felt really bad that I was KOing all of her pokemon, until she D/C'd. Whats the point of doing that when you're at 1200 anyway?

I've found my Reuniclus to be useless apart from killing Amoongous. I really wish that I didn't waste the slot on my team for it. =/ It gets ohko'd to next to anything supereffective attacks. Jellicent is far more awesome and much better TR set upper for me.

Oh, I love the ice cream. He was on my in-game team, and when I learned he was actually viable in VGC, I knew I had to have him on mine. And besides, almost no one expects a sudden Vanilluxe from a Trick Room team. And, mine's all Sp. Attack (Modest, as well) and Speed, plus a Scarf. He's made to fulfill the very specific niche of OHKOing everything that's weak to ice in the VGC, which is a surprising many. Thus, I don't often have him out against Terra. If that ends up happening, either I'm plotting something or something went terribly wrong, haha.
Good point,I do that because it doesn't need more than enough speed to outrun base 116s,so the hp comes in handy just in case. It really works great against teams where everything is weak to ice,swept 3 teams with it :).

Just battled a girl in the low 1200's. She was using tirtouga so I figured she was using in game or favorites... her darminitan superpowered my chandelure. ;-;

I felt really bad that I was KOing all of her pokemon, until she D/C'd. Whats the point of doing that when you're at 1200 anyway?
This is something I don't understand. I understand someone thinking "Okay, I took this team through the game and it beat the final boss so it should do well in a tournament." Shouldn't that person then realize, playing through a competitive tournament, "I'm not doing well, there must be things about the game I don't understand yet that other players do; I guess I'll go figure something out"?

Why keep going on and on and on until you get the insanely low score of ~1200, then disconnect on people as if you're in denial about your team's capabilities? If the incredible amount of losses isn't evidence to that you need to go do some research or ask somebody for help or something in that vein, shouldn't you at least be playing honorably? Why disconnect, as if to say, "I can't beat anybody and I know it but I'm still going to try, but if they bring evidence to that my team isn't any good, which I already know, I'm going to disconnect on them in denial?" It makes the 1900+ players who D/C, dishonorable though that is, at least seem logical.

V4Victini

再起不能
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
I think that was a quote from my post, right?
If so, yeah, it runs Protect, TR, Psychic and Shadow Ball. I assume your third coverage move is Focus Blast? If that's the case, I'll tell you why I don't need it anywhere near as badly: Reuniclus is almost always out beside Conkeldurr after Amoonguss goes down. (And I almost always intentionally let Amoonguss go down for this exact scenario.) They have amazing synergy together and pretty much start breaking everything in sight when Trick Room's up. More often than not, things go down in a single hit from either.
Yup! I learned that personally but I guess Recover is more sufficient in Singles

This made me laugh. Hard.

I think that was a quote from my post, right?
If so, yeah, it runs Protect, TR, Psychic and Shadow Ball. I assume your third coverage move is Focus Blast? If that's the case, I'll tell you why I don't need it anywhere near as badly: Reuniclus is almost always out beside Conkeldurr after Amoonguss goes down. (And I almost always intentionally let Amoonguss go down for this exact scenario.) They have amazing synergy together and pretty much start breaking everything in sight when Trick Room's up. More often than not, things go down in a single hit from either.
Heh, mine's more often than not out with Conkeldurr too, but I usually manage to have Amoongus stick around a little longer so Focus Blast becomes a necessity to take down Hydreigons quickly.

My typical match:
Turn 1. Reuniclus Trick Room, Amoonguss Rage Powder.
Turn 2. Reuniclus kills Pokémon A, Amoongus Spores Pokémon B.
Turn 3. Reuniclus hurts Pokémon B, Amoongus Spores Pokémon C.
Turn 4. Reuniclus finishes off B, Amoongus fires off Giga Drain (maybe it does some damage).
Turn 5. Reuniclus kills C, Amoongus Spores D.
Turn 6. Reuniclus Trick Room, Amoonguss Rage Powder.
Turn 7. Finish off D.

Well, that's the plan, anyway! That's how it plays out against people using random in game teams or unprepared for TR teams. Against savvy players you obviously have to play a bit differently.

FINALLY BROKE 2000, holy cow. 2005 - 148 battles. Back to SAT Prep lol.

Had to play my awesome friend Rukario to get there, thanks for not DCing/sorry about that hax bro.

FINALLY BROKE 2000, holy cow. 2005 - 148 battles. Back to SAT Prep lol.

Had to play my awesome friend Rukario to get there, thanks for not DCing/sorry about that hax bro.
I wouldn't let anyone else hax me bro, only you because you are amaZHENG! <3 Congratulations!

I have no problem with disconnectors, because half the time they are just noobs. What I do have a problem with is when they know they'll lose yet they wait until the last moves is used then they disconnect. It's a waste of time.

It's just ridiculous.

Add me to the list please! Wilzer from Georgia, USA.

I've been playing pretty much all day and have been hovering around the 1700's for a while. Trying to break into the 1800's by tonight hopefully. I would have been there already if it weren't for all the DC'ers. :(

I have no problem with disconnectors, because half the time they are just noobs. What I do have a problem with is when they know they'll lose yet they wait until the last moves is used then they disconnect. It's a waste of time.

It's just ridiculous.
What's worse is when you're at the sending data screen after a battle, and they disconnect right before the data is sent.

I'm not sure which is worse, the 12-year-old disconnecters, or the 20 minutes between fights afterwards.

Why join a tournament if you are too pathetic to accept a loss?
~Uiru
The arrogance of the posts on this site is out of this world. This tournament was open to all that meet the requirements, not just the players that have been playing for years and have the most understanding of the game. Those "12 year olds" are the ones buying the games and systems, plush toys, and posters. They bring the money to Nintendo. Please do us a favor and for the next friendly tournament that is announced, don’t sign up to play. Go to the official tournaments that you love so much so you don’t have to play some kid that just wants to have fun.

The arrogance of the posts on this site is out of this world. This tournament was open to all that meet the requirements, not just the players that have been playing for years and have the most understanding of the game. Those "12 year olds" are the ones buying the games and systems, plush toys, and posters. They bring the money to Nintendo. Please do us a favor and for the next friendly tournament that is announced, don’t sign up to play. Go to the official tournaments that you love so much so you don’t have to play some kid that just wants to have fun.
He's talking about the disconnectors, not the kids that play to have fun. The kids that play to have fun are the ones who don't disconnect very much, in my experience. The disconnectors are more likely the people who have been playing for years and are determined to win by any means necessary.

Tyler

No Longer Live
won the 1st Smogon VGC Tournament
He wasn't complaining that there are 12 year olds playing Pokemon, he was complaining that there are 12 year olds who disconnect every time you beat them.

I finally broke 1800 just to lose it to quick claw and a crit. This tournament was just made to piss people off.
Edit:Maybe the wrong choice of words,this tournament is causing many people to be pissed off,but it's to be expected since it's wifi, people are bound to dc and hax is bound to happen.

Whew, been away for a bit, so lots of replies. Bear with me, big post.

Good point,I do that because it doesn't need more than enough speed to outrun base 116s,so the hp comes in handy just in case. It really works great against teams where everything is weak to ice,swept 3 teams with it :).
True, true. The problem was that I noticed after some calculations that, without Modest, it sometimes (on rare occasions) failed to KO the Genies, depending on their EV spread. So, I made it Modest rather than Timid to guarantee KOs, while slapping a Scarf on it to almost guarantee an out-speed.

Yup! I learned that personally but I guess Recover is more sufficient in Singles
Eeyup, most definitely. Recover should always be used in Singles, because more often than not, Protect is a nearly pointless move to have there. It just stalls a turn, which is so much less useful when you don't have a partner to attack with.

Heh, mine's more often than not out with Conkeldurr too, but I usually manage to have Amoongus stick around a little longer so Focus Blast becomes a necessity to take down Hydreigons quickly.

My typical match:
Turn 1. Reuniclus Trick Room, Amoonguss Rage Powder.
Turn 2. Reuniclus kills Pokémon A, Amoongus Spores Pokémon B.
Turn 3. Reuniclus hurts Pokémon B, Amoongus Spores Pokémon C.
Turn 4. Reuniclus finishes off B, Amoongus fires off Giga Drain (maybe it does some damage).
Turn 5. Reuniclus kills C, Amoongus Spores D.
Turn 6. Reuniclus Trick Room, Amoonguss Rage Powder.
Turn 7. Finish off D.

Well, that's the plan, anyway! That's how it plays out against people using random in game teams or unprepared for TR teams. Against savvy players you obviously have to play a bit differently.
Makes sense! Whatever fits your play style better, honestly. And yeah, that's flow's pretty common on my end, too. Followed by Turn 8: Opponent disconnect. Haha.
In my case, if I see a Hydreigon, I Rage Powder a second time to let Hydreigon take out Amoonguss while Reuniclus KO's or damages the other Pokemon. Or sometimes even just switch, I get the chance to do that every once in a while, but not with more skilled players. Either way, that's when Conkelniclus goes to town.

He was obviously not referring to 12-year-olds themselves, but to the childish behavior of the people who disconnect. Calm down.

EDIT: What Darian Tyros said. The stereotype that Smogon-goers are arrogant and condescending far outweighs the behavior I've seen from them over four years of being here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)