International Wi-Fi Tournament - Autumn Friendly [OVER - Rankings Released Nov. 1st]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha, this was just too funny. I ran into a guy named IGOR from Portugal for the third time. Now, this fellow couldn't battle his way out of a paper bag. But anyway, he sees me, probably also remembers me, and sends out Volcarona/Mienshao.

I'm expecting a fire hit on my Amoonguss from Volcarona, and a Fake Out from Mienshao to stop Trick Room, so I Protect with Reuniclus and direct a Spore at Volcarona, because I know Amoonguss would (barely) survive that assault.

To my absolute delight, they both target Reuniclus with Bug Buzz/U-Turn, because just one wouldn't ever do the job properly. Volcarona goes to sleep, the next turn kinda/sorta begins aaaaand... Of course, the disconnect!

Haha! Awesome. My absolute best prediction win, that.

Matty, 2nd place in worlds 2011 has just ragequited on me, so then i've ragequited against someone called HD with 1800+ rating that has flinched me 4 times in a row. Sorry if any of you are HD, but i was so pissed. I admit it
Stay calm...i did,'t ragequitted, but my netbook with the usb connector went in standby and we lost the communication.

-We were on 3-3 and was impossible to say who would have won
-Even with a lose i would lost max 10 points, it wouldnt'have been a problem...with a win i would won a lot of points
-It was a funny battle
-I never ragequit =)

I think I just lost connection, idk. I was battleing a guy named AgAg or something like that. With a shiny, trickroom, chandelure. IDK if it was me or u who d/c. It was a gg and i had a surprise 4 u... well... i appologize if it was me.

Todays not my day, loosing alot. But ill keep trying.

Stay calm...i did,'t ragequitted, but my netbook with the usb connector went in standby and we lost the communication.

-We were on 3-3 and was impossible to say who would have won
-Even with a lose i would lost max 10 points, it wouldnt'have been a problem...with a win i would won a lot of points
-It was a funny battle
-I never ragequit =)
ok dude, now i just feel sorry for HD. You couldn't know, you didn't know what was my last pokemon. With him i think it was a sure win, but who knows (*hax gods*)

I'm not sure which is worse, the 12-year-old disconnecters, or the 20 minutes between fights afterwards.

Why join a tournament if you are too pathetic to accept a loss?
~Uiru

finally i was able to reach 1700+ with 51 games, last one was with david18 from spain (1864 ) who was sweept badly and DC'd after the win/lose screen, i'm not sure but i think it counted the score even if i was trown offline too, cause after the match i got up 2 games played .-.

ok dude, now i just feel sorry for HD. You couldn't know, you didn't know what was my last pokemon. With him i think it was a sure win, but who knows (*hax gods*)
Probably scarf Terrakion or Chandelure...but you didn't know mine, so who can say with certainty who would win? There were several more turns to play and everything could happen. I'm sorry because I was really curious to know how it would end. Maybe next time...

Plunged 1630s after a string of bad predictions, back up 1670s... 88 battles so far, let's see if I can break 1700 before 100 battles.

Oh, I'm not accusing Shiro* of disconnecting (I hope he didn't d/c at least). I'm just lamenting the fact that we couldn't finish that match.

Edit: or perhaps he did based on Massi's assessment.
Shiro* isn't a real ingame name (at least not for most people). It's what the game sets "unmentionable" ingame names to when those players go online.

Well, had my first completed fight of the day. It was a loss of course, because no one can stand staying if they lose. And of course, it was someone I've seen before and been disconnected on, because I've been seeing a lot of repeat matches lately. Name was Sephiro.

As he gained the upper hand and finally knocked Reuniclus down to 1 HP, I debated disconnecting on him, just to return the favor. But then, friends, I realized. That's how at least 40% of the disconnectors we see around here started, under the idea that, 'well, everyone else is doing it to me, I'll do it to them.' I refuse to perpetuate that.

So, I took it as I always do. And admittedly, he came out on top after some pretty intelligent playing. (Even if some of that playing was from previous knowledge of how my team works.) It was a nice match, even if the guy on the other end deserves absolutely no praise. That being said, here's the only battle I managed to finish today.

Darian vs. Sephiro
58-25016-83120

And yeah, I've pretty well worked out some things I could have done differently to help secure a win. Ah well, hindsight is 20/20 and all that.

IM FUCKING TIRED OF THIS SHIT!!!!!!!!!! WHY DID THEY LET ALL OF THESE MOTHAFUKCA N00BZ D/Cers ENTER THIS GODDAM TOURNEY!!!!!!

*Relax relax*......

I started playing Thursday night. I'm still sitting at 1500

142 fucking disconnections....

I'm tired of this crap. Turning DS off ¬¬

FU NINTENDO!!!!!!!!

Had two good battles in a row against 17** folks who didn't disconnect on me, so feeling pretty good. A close match, the last one - Chople Berry Hydreigon barely surviving Guts Drain Punch, Gastro Acid from Eelektross totally catching my Conkeldurr by surprise (Oh. Now your Flame Orb makes you worthless.), Chandelure surviving Terrakion's Rock Slide like a boss and all coming down to whether Reuniclus can fight its way past parahax or not to decide the outcome.

I Protect with Reuniclus
Your Reuniclus can fit Protect on it? Mine really needs all three coverage moves...

IM FUCKING TIRED OF THIS SHIT!!!!!!!!!! WHY DID THEY LET ALL OF THESE MOTHAFUKCA N00BZ D/Cers ENTER THIS GODDAM TOURNEY!!!!!!

*Relax relax*......

I started playing Thursday night. I'm still sitting at 1500

142 fucking disconnections....

I'm tired of this crap. Turning DS off ¬¬

FU NINTENDO!!!!!!!!
I'm starting to think I'm lucky. I didn't get that many D.cers until friday.

Fishy

tits McGee (๑˃̵ᴗ˂̵)
been searching for an opponent for like 5 minutes :(

also I'm at 1847 - was at 1865 until I forfeited to some guy EDGAR who was 1820 something and bleh

Well, had my first completed fight of the day. It was a loss of course, because no one can stand staying if they lose. And of course, it was someone I've seen before and been disconnected on, because I've been seeing a lot of repeat matches lately. Name was Sephiro.

As he gained the upper hand and finally knocked Reuniclus down to 1 HP, I debated disconnecting on him, just to return the favor. But then, friends, I realized. That's how at least 40% of the disconnectors we see around here started, under the idea that, 'well, everyone else is doing it to me, I'll do it to them.' I refuse to perpetuate that.

So, I took it as I always do. And admittedly, he came out on top after some pretty intelligent playing. (Even if some of that playing was from previous knowledge of how my team works.) It was a nice match, even if the guy on the other end deserves absolutely no praise. That being said, here's the only battle I managed to finish today.

Darian vs. Sephiro
58-25016-83120

And yeah, I've pretty well worked out some things I could have done differently to help secure a win. Ah well, hindsight is 20/20 and all that.
Wow,your the only other person I've seen to use Vanilluxe(except mine has enough hp to survive Terrakion's Rock Slide). You used the exact same leads that my final opponent used in vgc 2011.

V4Victini

再起不能
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
Haxiest match ever! If I wasnt positive that Golurk had a Life Orb I would be SURE it had BrightPowder.

94-17639-04743

Your Reuniclus can fit Protect on it? Mine really needs all three coverage moves...
I think that was a quote from my post, right?
If so, yeah, it runs Protect, TR, Psychic and Shadow Ball. I assume your third coverage move is Focus Blast? If that's the case, I'll tell you why I don't need it anywhere near as badly: Reuniclus is almost always out beside Conkeldurr after Amoonguss goes down. (And I almost always intentionally let Amoonguss go down for this exact scenario.) They have amazing synergy together and pretty much start breaking everything in sight when Trick Room's up. More often than not, things go down in a single hit from either.

Wow,your the only other person I've seen to use Vanilluxe(except mine has enough hp to survive Terrakion's Rock Slide). You used the exact same leads that my final opponent used in vgc 2011.
Oh, I love the ice cream. He was on my in-game team, and when I learned he was actually viable in VGC, I knew I had to have him on mine. And besides, almost no one expects a sudden Vanilluxe from a Trick Room team. And, mine's all Sp. Attack (Modest, as well) and Speed, plus a Scarf. He's made to fulfill the very specific niche of OHKOing everything that's weak to ice in the VGC, which is a surprising many. Thus, I don't often have him out against Terra. If that ends up happening, either I'm plotting something or something went terribly wrong, haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)