In Your Opinion, What's the Best Typing?

What typing you think is best?

• Fire/Dragon

Votes: 19 12.1%
  • Water/Dragon

Votes: 27 17.2%
  • Fire/Water

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Ghost/Steel

Votes: 22 14.0%
  • Normal/Ghost

Votes: 17 10.8%
  • Ghost/Dark

Votes: 25 15.9%
  • Poison/Dark

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Dragon/Ground

Votes: 9 5.7%
  • Steel/Psychic

Votes: 9 5.7%
  • Else (Please post a Reply)

Votes: 26 16.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure enough to state a single best typing, but I think water/flying should be mentioned. Sure, it has a 4x weakness, but so many things resist electric that it's a lure, more than anything. The resists make up for it. And the offensive stab is like a better version of water/normal. (Pelipper unique)

Drill Peck on Swords Dance Empoleon is proof enough, I feel. Water/Flying is a good offensive typing, but a middling defensive typing. Gyarados fills a unique niche, but we all wish he could have some kind of physical Flying STAB.

My vote goes to the aggressive Grass/Fire Typing, which is only weak to the uncommon Rock, Flying and Poison moves while having an awesome offensive STAB combination.

I'm not sure enough to state a single best typing, but I think water/flying should be mentioned. Sure, it has a 4x weakness, but so many things resist electric that it's a lure, more than anything. The resists make up for it. And the offensive stab is like a better version of water/normal. (Pelipper unique)
Water/Flying is definitely not a typing unique to Pelipper; Gyarados and Mantine are both water/flying, as well as Mantyke...

I think Water/Grass is the best typing.
Only Ludicolo has it, and I can never remember its weaknesses.
The types somewhat neutralize each other too, making noobs frustrated.
Grass nullifies Water's Electric and Grass weaknesses.
Water nullifies Grass's Fire and Ice weaknesses.

So, after looking it up on Bulbapedia, I found that Water/Grass is only weak to Flying, Poison, and Bug.

So really Flying and Bug, since Poison attacks are rarely (if ever) seen.

A good typing to be sure, weatherelitefour, but nothing all that spectacular offensively without some good non-STAB moves for coverage.

Fire/Dragon Over Water/Dragon because Fire STAB attacks are much more fun than Water STAB attacks. Fire has the possibility of burning, while water doesn nothing aside from getting your opponent wet.

If there was a half-way usable bug/water I agree that would see a lot of usage as either a tank or a sweeper stats permitting. That would be my vote along with dragon/steel and ghost/steel. To torn to vote.

Pelipper is the only one to get both Flying and Water moves is what he means.
Mantine learns Wing Attack...

I'd have to agree that Flying/Fighting is an interesting type, but Water/Dragon is the way to go.

Water/Rock also has a lot of potential as a strong attacking type, if only their users had a base stat total to work on their own...

Mantine learns Wing Attack...

I'd have to agree that Flying/Fighting is an interesting type, but Water/Dragon is the way to go.

Water/Rock also has a lot of potential as a strong attacking type, if only their users had a base stat total to work on their own...
Water/rock has way too many weaknesses to really be one of the best typings.

And when I said Pelipper was the only poke with access to water/flying stab, I meant with the only practical stab. Mantine isn't gonna hurt anything off it's 40 base attack.

Dragon / Fighting is possibly the best STAB there can be, only a single type can stop it (the fictional Ghost / Steel unlike Dragon / Fire which as a real pokemon to resist its attacks). Has fantastic resist with Fire, Rock (SR ^_^), and Dark and the type combo could give it some of the most powerful attacks in the game (Close Combat, Outrage, Draco Meteor). It really should have been a choice =[

Steel/Fight

Yeah... Lucario has awesome typing. It doesn't matter that Steel STAB sucks, being able to have 2 4x resists with Fighting typing is pretty awesome (especially when it makes you an amazing TTar switch in).

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I always believed Bug/Rock was a pretty good typing. Good STABs, and it's only weak to Water, Rock, and Steel (the last being lol) and gets neutral to a lot of things that would pwn either type.

My only real complaint is that Armaldo is yet another Rapid Spinner weak to Rock. x) Although it's a good Pokemon that should see more usage...

Defensive: Going to go with Dark/Ghost. No weaknesses and 3 immunities is freakin awesome.

Offensive: Dragon/Fire. Dragon/Ground and Ghost/Fighting aren't too far behind.

Balanced: Water/Dragon. One weakness, two 4X resistances and only resisted by Empoleon.

My personal favorite is Fighting/Ghost, less for the defense (although it is very good), but STAB on a very, very rarely resisted combination.

I would think Banette could be this if it evolved, which would be quite awesome indeed.

mien

Tournament Banned
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Fighting/Ground
Hits 10 types with Super-effective damage O_o
man Close combat+EQ+Stone Edge would be so broken

Ghost/Steel with Levitate is definitely hands down the best defensive typing in the game.
Its still weak to Fire. Dark/Ghost with levitate would be much better. I'd rather have no weakness then one painfully common one. However when you add abilities into the mix it becomes less about typing and more about the actual pokemon using it.

Dark/Ghost with Levitate resists:
Poison
Immune to:
Ground, Fight, Normal and Psychic

While Ghost/Steel with Levitate resists:
Psychic, Grass, Ice, Flying, Bug (4x), Steel, Dragon, Rock [Good with Stealth Rock]

Immunes to:
Normal, Poison, Fight, Ground

I personally rather have 1 weakness and 8 resistances (including 1 4x), with good SR taking, than have no weakness, only 1 VERY UNCOMMON resistance, and normal SR taking ability.

Dark/Ghost with Levitate resists:
Poison
Immune to:
Ground, Fight, Normal and Psychic

While Ghost/Steel with Levitate resists:
Psychic, Grass, Ice, Flying, Bug (4x), Steel, Dragon, Rock [Good with Stealth Rock]

Immunes to:
Normal, Poison, Fight, Ground

I personally rather have 1 weakness and 8 resistances (including 1 4x), with good SR taking, than have no weakness, only 1 VERY UNCOMMON resistance, and normal SR taking ability.
People exploit weaknesses. Even if you have so many resistances, they'll just switch into a pokemon that can use that to their advantange. I doubt a Ghost/Steel would like to stay in on an Infernape or Heatran, while a Ghost/Steel of the same stats would stay in.

Of course you could have another pokemon to switch to, but then it becomes "Best type for a pokemon with others on your team". A weakness is still a weakness, Bronzong will tell you that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)