Gengar's Swan Song [COMPLETE]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello could i please have a gengar. Im uploading the whismur now.

A pokemon special to me was aegislash. Me and my friend used to battle non competetively and change our teams often. I still have some unfinished teams but the point is aegislash was my first level 100 and was every one of my teams for 3 months. Thank you

Ign:tyler
Currently going through the whismurs, and yours doesn't seem to be on there. Could you check please. If you needed to spell out the name for it, could you check the spelling.

EDIT, everyone else has a gengar on the way

It has been a pleasure to read about everyone's special pokemon

(assuming I don't get ninja'd by three people before posting this)
Whismur is a level 9 male, IGN is Eoin :)

My most recent "special" pokemon, besides all the ones I breed because they're all special to me (having bothered to breed them), would have been my AS's runs Gogoat. When I heard about the ORAS remakes, I knew I wouldn't want to do a regular playthrough - for remakes, no matter what kind of remake (although I think HGSS was the exception) I always do something different with my team, so that the playthroughs end up being very different. For Platinum, I EV trained some Pokemon and steamrolled through the game with a Starmie/Scizor/Aerodactyl and a few others. For BW2, I did the same but with only two randomly selected pokemon that I'd never normally consider using, Sharpedo and Arcanine - man, that game was a disaster. They ended up being ridiculously overleveled (due to being traded) and despite Sharpedo's fearsome Atk and Speed, it was still super frail. It turned into an Arcanine + Friend solo run.

But anyway! In Alpha Sapphire, I'd set out a plan: Besides my starter, I would collect eggs from random people, shuffle them, get them traded over when I started the game, and play through with exactly those six pokemon, though I reserved the right to veto Pokemon if they had redundant typings. In the end, played the game with a Swampert, an Ampharos, a Spiritomb, and a Gogoat, which I recognised as being an egg from my oldest Poke-friend (who has a thing for quadrupeds. Hiya Jack!).

Most of the game was spent in relative balance - Ampharos ("Cash") and Gogoat ("Harley") played similarly, though on different spectrums and typing. Nothing I had was particularly good against Grass types, so Gogoat ended up being my primary Grass type check purely because he could resist grass hits and hit them neutrally. But its moveset was the best part - between EQ, Milk Drink, Return and Horn Leech, it was the most "competitive" of my Pokemon and any battle involving Gogoat tended to become a ridiculously overplayed match. It peaked during the Champion battle - I didn't want to muscle my way through with Mega Swampert, and I wasn't sure if it would work anyway. And my other two weren't gonna be particularly useful against his Pokemon - enter Gogoat, sporting his new move, Bulk Up! I planned to set up Bulk Up on his Cradily, heal, and then hit everything else on the way for boosted Neutral damage. And it would have worked, too... only his Cradily had Toxic :|

At that point, my strategy had collapsed, and so had my need to play as though I was in a competitive match. So I spammed Full Restores and eventually broke through Cradily, giving me the game. But it was a lot of fun, easily the most fun I've had since Cynthia in DP, and Gogoat really endeared himself to me afterwards. Now he and his buddies sit in my first box, reminding me of the simpler times :D

Thanks for the giveaway!

tl;dr guy tries to set up on Steven with Gogoat, fails, and throws items instead, funtimes were had by all

(assuming I don't get ninja'd by three people before posting this)
Whismur is a level 9 male, IGN is Eoin :)

My most recent "special" pokemon, besides all the ones I breed because they're all special to me (having bothered to breed them), would have been my AS's runs Gogoat. When I heard about the ORAS remakes, I knew I wouldn't want to do a regular playthrough - for remakes, no matter what kind of remake (although I think HGSS was the exception) I always do something different with my team, so that the playthroughs end up being very different. For Platinum, I EV trained some Pokemon and steamrolled through the game with a Starmie/Scizor/Aerodactyl and a few others. For BW2, I did the same but with only two randomly selected pokemon that I'd never normally consider using, Sharpedo and Arcanine - man, that game was a disaster. They ended up being ridiculously overleveled (due to being traded) and despite Sharpedo's fearsome Atk and Speed, it was still super frail. It turned into an Arcanine + Friend solo run.

But anyway! In Alpha Sapphire, I'd set out a plan: Besides my starter, I would collect eggs from random people, shuffle them, get them traded over when I started the game, and play through with exactly those six pokemon, though I reserved the right to veto Pokemon if they had redundant typings. In the end, played the game with a Swampert, an Ampharos, a Spiritomb, and a Gogoat, which I recognised as being an egg from my oldest Poke-friend (who has a thing for quadrupeds. Hiya Jack!).

Most of the game was spent in relative balance - Ampharos ("Cash") and Gogoat ("Harley") played similarly, though on different spectrums and typing. Nothing I had was particularly good against Grass types, so Gogoat ended up being my primary Grass type check purely because he could resist grass hits and hit them neutrally. But its moveset was the best part - between EQ, Milk Drink, Return and Horn Leech, it was the most "competitive" of my Pokemon and any battle involving Gogoat tended to become a ridiculously overplayed match. It peaked during the Champion battle - I didn't want to muscle my way through with Mega Swampert, and I wasn't sure if it would work anyway. And my other two weren't gonna be particularly useful against his Pokemon - enter Gogoat, sporting his new move, Bulk Up! I planned to set up Bulk Up on his Cradily, heal, and then hit everything else on the way for boosted Neutral damage. And it would have worked, too... only his Cradily had Toxic :|

At that point, my strategy had collapsed, and so had my need to play as though I was in a competitive match. So I spammed Full Restores and eventually broke through Cradily, giving me the game. But it was a lot of fun, easily the most fun I've had since Cynthia in DP, and Gogoat really endeared himself to me afterwards. Now he and his buddies sit in my first box, reminding me of the simpler times :D

Thanks for the giveaway!

tl;dr guy tries to set up on Steven with Gogoat, fails, and throws items instead, funtimes were had by all
Wow... That Gogoat sounds pretty special. Gengar is on it's way to you.

There are 2 gengar left to give away

A very special pokemon to me is m garchomp. Aside from being one of my favorite pokemon of all time I remember not knowing how to find it in DPP AND SEARCHING HOURS FOR IT. I finally found out there was a cave under cycling road and caught a gible (and it just happened to be jolly) and with it I manage to get through the elite four and have an epic Garchomp face off against Cynthia. I still have that garchomp and it helps me EV train all my new competative pokemon.

my IGN is in the description below and I just deposited a lvl 10 female wishmur with the appropriate message.

thanks for the giveaway

Sorry it most likely was sniped im on my way to my house now if i could quickly upload another
VM me when it is done, as your's is the last gengar left.

A very special pokemon to me is m garchomp. Aside from being one of my favorite pokemon of all time I remember not knowing how to find it in DPP AND SEARCHING HOURS FOR IT. I finally found out there was a cave under cycling road and caught a gible (and it just happened to be jolly) and with it I manage to get through the elite four and have an epic Garchomp face off against Cynthia. I still have that garchomp and it helps me EV train all my new competative pokemon.

my IGN is in the description below and I just deposited a lvl 10 female wishmur with the appropriate message.

thanks for the giveaway
Sent yours. I lost my garchomp I got that way ;-;.

OK, all have been sent, and that is the giveaway over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)